It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mandatory nationwide Animal ID

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2006 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Has anyone heard about a new gov't project that calls for mandatory RFID chipping of ALL livestock in the entire USA? The proposal/legislation has been drawn up and is pending apparently. The plan calls for every single livestock animal to have these chips and also you and your property's GPS satellite coordinates. All of this would be entered into a national database. Even if you own only ONE CHICKEN, it will have to be RFID'd and registered, along with your address, etc. Every time that chicken leaves the property, you have 24 hours to report it. If it dies or is stolen you have to report it, along with your GPS coordinates. If you have a horse you like to ride every day you will have to report it every single time you ride off your property.
I can't imagine the expense, paperwork, time, effort, etc. this would involve, what a nightmare for horse owners!

Google "mandatory livestock ID" for more information.

This strikes me as a very invasive, unconstitutional and unreasonable policy, not to mention a waste of taxpayer's money; and yep, you bet, guess who pays for it? That's right, the horse or chicken owner. Also included are cattle, goats and pigs. IF you own just one of these, you will be required to register or face jail, fines, or having your animals taken from you. It also means the govt can come onto your property at any time to make sure your animals ahve chips, etc. Of course, it will not be publicly announced until April of next year, 2007 and then will be mandatory as of January 1, 2008.

Thoughts?

-Forestlady

posted on Feb, 11 2006 @ 10:27 AM
link   
P.S. - Does anyone else find this scary? Sounds like humans will be next?

-Forestlady

posted on Feb, 11 2006 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Here are a few sites I found on the topic.

www.noanimalid.com...
nonais.org...
www.stopanimalid.org...

And here's the USDA site on National Animal ID System:
animalid.aphis.usda.gov...

The main objective is to develop and implement a comprehensive information system that will support ongoing animal disease monitoring, surveillance, and eradication programs. Additionally, successful advancements of NAIS will enable State and Federal animal health officials to respond rapidly and effectively to animal heath emergencies such as foreign animal disease outbreaks or emerging domestic diseases.

NAIS is currently a voluntary program.

animalid.aphis.usda.gov...

Yeah, currently voluntary, soon mandatory. That's how it always happens.

If you click in the popup menu under "Browse By Audience", it appears to list the kinds of animals this will apply to: Cattle, bison, pigs, sheep, goats, horses, poultry, deer, elk, llamas and alpacas. So this doesn't apply to pets, except for horses.

posted on Feb, 11 2006 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Has any one thought of this?: If all your animals are RFID'd, you cannot hide any food from them in the event of a panic / disaster / military clamp down? no horses non RFID'd means no transport if theres no petrol, and they can grab all your livestock as soon as they need it. It could also be used as a punishment.

People may scoff, but if you search about, you will find they want to start to put RFID's on tinned goods.... so you will have no food if you don't conform.... If you conform you'll except the food, if not your gonna starve........

posted on Feb, 11 2006 @ 03:22 PM
link   
From what I read, the most powerful active RFID chips can only be tracked from a few hundred feet away maximum. So I'd say the RFID is more to identify who owns an animal if it escapes and is found, or when it's slaughtered and taken away and disease is found, they can see where it came from. Not actual movement tracking, except potentially on roads where there could be RFID sensors installed.

posted on Feb, 11 2006 @ 03:26 PM
link   
I don't know about mandatory IDs, but i know that anyone who wants can have their pets "chipped", its benn around for a while... the mandatroy issue may very well be a begining of "the mark of the beast" ??? And no, i don't mean beast because it is in animals... I'm refering to the Book of Revelation mark.

MBF

posted on Feb, 11 2006 @ 09:42 PM
link   
I think that cows have a chip now at some point after we have sold them. They will require us to have them implanted on the farm in a very few years.

We don't like this one bit. It's just more unnecessary crap imposed on us be the government.

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 01:25 PM
link   
I can see and understand the whole RFID only under an animal standard such as cows, sheep, stuff we eat. That would be a good positive use of this new tech. Now what we (the US) needs is a national ID card system.Then, we could seperate the wheat fom the chaff if you catch my drift!

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 07:31 PM
link   
This animal ID will be used for age verification and if there is a case of disease it can be tracked back to the herd.

Right now we are using a round tag in the ear. Those small rice size implants won't work, they migrate through the animals body.

Research is being done now to see where in the ear is the best placement.

Roper

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 07:39 PM
link   
I don't think that it is the government's right to track my horse. As I understand from the official site it is primarily to track and control diseases in my case such as West Nile but most shows already require that participants have current vaccinations and pass a vet check so I believe that this is an unncessesary precaution. Furthermore, most of the horse owners I have met at shows here in the Pacific Northwest were getting the horses vacinated for West Nile long before it showed up here. I believe that the government should give livestock owners a little more credit.

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by FLYIN HIGH
Now what we (the US) needs is a national ID card system.Then, we could seperate the wheat fom the chaff if you catch my drift!

My sarcasm detector is not functioning at the moment. Are you being serious or sarcastic here? Because if you're being serious, could you please explain your statement?

Originally posted by FLYIN HIGH
I don't think that it is the government's right to track my horse.

I agree. Commercial cows and other things going for food I can understand. Horses, no.

mod edit to fix quote code

[edit on 12-2-2006 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Mar, 16 2006 @ 03:17 PM
link   
they were talking about this last night on coast to coast. by what they said, they have managed to track down who owns these animals by the customer list at feed stores, visiting online forums, statellite imaging and probably a few methods that I just don't remember off hand.

also, they were saying that if you have just one chicken, or goat, or whatever on your premises, you will have to photocopy the ID of anybody who comes to visit said property!!

so, in essence, they can now learn just about whatever they want to about you, do you own a cat, a dog, do you like to grow plants, whatever, by just gaining access the computer at your favorite stores and calling up the history of your special little shopper card from that store.....

and well, they were saying all kinds of things that kind of alarmed me.

here's a website that they referred the listeners to...

www.spychips.com...

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Hello All.
Just wanted to let you know that the agenda of the USDA in league with other government departments and sponsored organizations RE: NAIS is going forward.
Google Cindi and Danny Henshaw or Pig Masacre and you'll get the whole story (it reads like a conspiracy novel) It has since garnered alot of attention and through investigation has gotten deeper and more suspicious almost daily.

Everyone needs to remember this:
'He who controls the food...controls the people...'

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 02:52 PM
link   
I have a horse and I agree with you GallopingHordes. I have read that we're supposed to contact them and let them know any time the animals leave the property. This insane, because it means that I would have to contact them everyday. And horse meat is illegal in this country so that means horses aren't going to be used for food, so why should they be concerned about them?

Apparently they can spot you and your animals from satelites, find your animal, fine you huge amounts for not being RFID'd and take your animal from you. That's when I get my shot gun out, I will not let ANYONE take my beloved horse.

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 06:43 PM
link   
I have also heard of this addition of nationwide I.D for the categorization of farm animal,
not only does this goverment want to invade our privacy in such that way but they also want to map every single whole, brush, cave, secret tunnel you have to now exactly where everyone is.

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 08:14 PM
link   
I think this is really an attempt to cut costs and save the planet

Picture the scene. Instead of going to you local store and buying 3 packets of beefburgers from the freezer, with all the packaging and waste that goes with that.

Instead, you walk in, grab "daisy the cow" by the lead, and her friend "clucky the chicken" and walk them to the checkout.

A quick beep, and you pay your $14.95 and walk out the store, with the freshest produce and no environmentally damaging packaging.

You would even be cutting down on carbon emissions too, have you ever tried getting a cow into your station-waggon?

Joking aside, i can see the logic for disease control, but once the animals are done, i suppose it makes it alot easier for the public to accept human taging when they see the benefits. Scarey times.

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 05:26 AM
link   
I heard about this awhile back...
the idea that people will have to send photocopies of every visitor's ID to the government just so their kid can have a pet bunny is SICKENING!!! we should make bush and his buddies copy the ID's of all their visitors as they come in offering them fortunes and make them post them in our daily newspapers!
What's good for the goose is good for the gander, right?

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 06:16 AM
link   
FYI It looks like the RFID for cattle may very well not happen. The cattlemen are fighting this and they are a very strong group.

I think the gripe is the cost of the RFID tag.

They are not going to tag horses so don't worry.

I don't think the RFID chip they have not could be read form space. It's hard enough to read it with a hand wand.

Roper

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Roper
FYI It looks like the RFID for cattle may very well not happen. The cattlemen are fighting this and they are a very strong group.

I think the gripe is the cost of the RFID tag.

They are not going to tag horses so don't worry.

I don't think the RFID chip they have not could be read form space. It's hard enough to read it with a hand wand.

Roper

perhaps not at the moment, but we use radio wave to send messages round the planet no problems, so from a satellite to the ground and back should be easy. Im sure the technology exists, but is not in the public domain. If its not your only talking about 1-5 years max.

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Roper, it's right there in the proposal that they want to tag horses. And we already know that satelites in space can track everything we do now. Their plan is to survey with satelites, make sure all livestock is tagged and if not, find the person and make them pay dearly.

There are alot of people moving to the country, thinking it's the best place to survive the coming hard times. They're trying to get under the radar and not be found. What better way to control them than this method? If they know where your livestock is, they know where you are. Also, so much for raising our own livestock for food. As someone else said, He who controls the food supply, controls the People.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join