It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran changes its tune on Israel: From “should” to “Will be”

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2006 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Well, it’s official. Iran’s President Ahmadinejad is clearly at the planning stage to remove Israel from existence. Last month he claimed that Israel should be “wiped” off the map. Today he is stating the Israel will be “removed”. Combine these statements with Iran’s up coming nuclear weapons test and its clear that Iran’s war machine is in motion.

I think the similarities between Ahmadinejad’s and Hitler’s agendas are startling. The difference now is that Ahmadinejad will have a weapon that Hitler never had, and according to him, a lot of other nations support.

Bangkokpost.com

Tehran (dpa) - Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad said on Saturday that the Palestinians and "other nations" will eventually remove Israel from the region.

Addressing a mass demonstration in Tehran - one of many organized throughout Iran to commemorate the 27th anniversary of the Islamic revolution - he once again questioned the Holocaust "fairy tale".

"We ask the West to remove what they created sixty years ago and if they do not listen to our recommendations, then the Palestinian nation and other nations will eventually do this for them," Ahmadinejad said in a ceremony marking the 27th anniversary of the Islamic revolution.

"Do the removal of Israel before it is too late and save yourself from the fury of regional nations," the ultra-conservative president said. He once again called the Holocaust a "fairy tale" and said Europeans have become hostages of "Zionists" in Israel.

Start getting your bunkers in order people, WWIII in my estimation is just around the corner. And this time there will be no frontline. I just hope my European friends take the proper preparations as some of them are in Iran’s range…

posted on Feb, 11 2006 @ 09:37 AM
link   
I sure hope our secret weps can deal with these threats off missiles if any are ever launched at WEST.

We must have secret weps in place if not id be worried at this point in time if Iran's Prime Ministers saying that.

Imagine if we did have a laser defense shield able to shoot down ICBMs etc etc, now if Iran launched at us would we launch nukes back if we shot them all down, YOU bet we would.

If we don't have any secret weps able to deal with this then if they do launch and hit us ill die pissed off but happy knowing our missiles are on their way to them M.A.D.

Many years ago probably 5 or 6 i had a dream of a nuke hitting Europe from somewhere i don't know all it was that a mushroom cloud and it felt like somewhere in Europe, it felt odd like not the normal feeling of normal dreams was surreal and eire.

[edit on 11-2-2006 by blobby]

posted on Feb, 11 2006 @ 09:58 AM
link   
The only 'fairy tale' here is the insistence (by some) that Iran either has, or is on the verge of having, nuclear weapons.
That and the idea that they are about to attack anyone.

The truth is that Israel and the USA are the only 'powers' with a shed-load of nuclear (and vast amounts of conventional) weaponry in the region, right now.

If Ahmadinejad was really so dangerous (and even had that kind of power anyway) he (or the 'Mullahs' behind him, said to be really in control) would have launched a mass attack on Israel with hoards of missile delivered biological and chemical weapons (you know, the kind of weapons that scary guy Hitler, whos' name we're supposed to connect with this - or is it Chavez.....or any of those other uppity South American guys.......
- didn't have) long long ago.
Before Ahmadinejad even came into office in fact.

The guy is plainly just full of rhetoric and pure mugging to the crowds. He's even been seen laughing about this sort of stuff.

For instance, let's take leave of our sense for one moment and take this seriously.
Exactly which other 'regional nations' are set to join in this supposed 'removal' then?
Besides some complaint about that great 'regional power' Syria (no offense to Syria or Syrians but, come on, regional power
) - and that's despite them helping the USA in her recent torture program.....er, I'm sorry.....of course I meant 'extraordinary rendition program', which other 'powers' are supposed to be joining in then, hmmmm?

The truth is that there will be no attack unless the US and Israel conjure one up.
Reality check: Iran isn't about to attack anyone......but guess who it looks likely is, eh?

Those so desperate to see this repellent ideology of the 'clash of civilisations' happen should enlist and go find out the reality of their ideas out in Iraq.

They are as bad as each other; Islamic fundamentalist imperialists and neocon imperialists.
All hard at work and busy trying to 'play' the rest of us to promote their pathetic fascistic agendas and futile visions of domination.

......and as for the peoples of Europe?
We have a negative view of the USA (the 2nd most negative country) at the moment (right after Iran).
I think 'we' will have the sense not to get involved in these dangerous and lunatic little power 'games'.

[edit on 11-2-2006 by sminkeypinkey]

posted on Feb, 11 2006 @ 10:24 AM
link   
I question one thing with these supposed Iranian Threats to Israel. Iran is supposed to be doing this on behalf of the Palestinians, so why would they use a weapon of mass destruction in this contested area. Israel is a tiny nation wedged into a bunch of Iranian allies. Now correct me if I am wrong here, but wouldn’t any WMD cause damage not only to Israel, but also the Palestinians, the Syrians, and the Lebanese? What about their dome in Jerusalem, they are not going to worry about what effect such an attack would have on one of their holiest of sites?

Its not like the effects of a WMD strike are going to run through the area going, “Your Jewish, I’ll effect, you. Your Palestinian, so I am going to skip you…” and so on. I would think that Iran would have a lot of splaining to do to her Allies in the region just over the subject of fallout or other types of contamination.

[edit on 2/11/2006 by defcon5]

posted on Feb, 11 2006 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Al lthat writing and you really said nothing concrete but that it is your opinion that the leader of Iran, regardless of everything he has, will not attack Israel. It is also clear that, by your straying off into la-la land with your image, you'd like to claim that the U.S. and Israel are the hated and evil ones who are pulling the strings, simply wanting to waste more money for a needless war.
Seems we forget maybe that Iran has given plenty of reasons. But, we shall ignore that, laugh at the great joke of Israel being wiped off the face of the earth, and look surprised when the weapons are designed and used.

Or, here's a better one! When he aims them at Europe because you refuse to give back parts of Europe because they held it centuries ago....
I think maybe it shouldn't be viewed as Israel being the only ones who could be harmed by an unstable idiot.

[edit on 11-2-2006 by Thomas Crowne]

posted on Feb, 11 2006 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Why would Iran attack Israel with (fictional) nuclear weapons and kill many Muslims in the process? I think the answer is clearly that Iran would not.

The story about the March nuclear weapons test is a piece of fiction in itself, not backed up by any facts and came from one source with an agenda against Iran.
This whole process is practically indentical to the run-up to the Iraq invasion. Even the IAEA, although voicing some concerns, have not been able to find any evidence of any weapons programme, despite all the access they have been given to various sites. In fact, Iran has given the IAEA more access than any other country, voluntarily too.
Israel want's it's position as number 1 in the ME to be unchallenged and, like the Iraq fiasco, is supplying most of the "intel" against Iran, either directly or through it's paid voices in the US.

posted on Feb, 11 2006 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Uh, the POINT of the matter is not what you think Israel wants (speaking of ficticious and backed up by nothing), but what President Ahmadinejad has stated. The point is, he stepped up his rhetoric, from a maybe to a certainty.

Defcon, he would not be concerned with any dead "Palestinians". The "Palestinians" are nothing more than poor Arabs who have been used as pawns in the struggle to remove Israel from the region.

posted on Feb, 11 2006 @ 10:52 AM
link   
All he is doing is calling for Regime Change just like Bush did with Iraq.

Whats so bad about that?

Israel would be better off with a new government, one that gives equal rights for all.

posted on Feb, 11 2006 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
Defcon, he would not be concerned with any dead "Palestinians". The "Palestinians" are nothing more than poor Arabs who have been used as pawns in the struggle to remove Israel from the region.

- Is that not you moving to a think thing there TC?

By the way, I claimed nothing about "hate" with my 'image'.
I put it up to show how people are said to feel and whilst Iran may well be viewed negatively in number 1 position a hell of a lot of people do not trust Bush and America's motives either.
(You'll see European attitudes were originally mentioned, right?)

Defcon makes a good point - and it's not only one that concerns the people there, but what about the 'Holy sites' (to Islam) that they are just supposed to casually and without a thought obliterate?

I don't think so.
But then I find the whole thing absurd and the raving at crowds by would-be manipulators (he at his or others at those they think they can persuade to this coming war).

He's clearly not a nice guy and he certainly is saying objectionable things, but he's full of it (and who ever said anything about finding his comments funny, except you?)......and his mere words, however objectionable, are no grounds for a new ME war.

Like I said the people with nuclear weapons and a stack of effective modern weaponry - in numbers - there right now is not Iran but the USA and Israel.

.....and thanks for your concern about us in Europe but don't you be worrying about us.
Britain, France and Russia (also within range I think you'll find) have modern and effective nuclear weapons of our own.
They cost us a fortune but we believe in deterrence; it sees you guys have changed your minds on that one. Pity for you's.

[edit on 11-2-2006 by sminkeypinkey]

posted on Feb, 11 2006 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Israel is the one state that cries "victim" all the time whilst creating problems for dumb Americans to get killed over.
Sure, Iran is doing a bit of tweaking recently to piss off Bush and his Israeli counterparts but it's hardly grounds for war. So what if Iran doesn't accept that Israel has a right to exist, they are not alone in that opinion, just a bit more vocal about it.
Why would a small but vastly militarily superior country with nuclear weapons be so scared of a much bigger country without nuclear weapons? The simple answer is that they wouldn't! If Iranian forces made a move towards Israel they would likely be vapourised before they made it to the border.

posted on Feb, 11 2006 @ 11:12 AM
link   
personally why the hell is israel our problem anyway. those white european/east european jews, persian jews, ethiopean/african jews, asian/indian jews decided to go any live in the middle east and where not invited in by the natives and the arabs dont want them there then tough # for the jews they should have never entered another races region. they can go any die for there own cause of living on someother person land. when british soldiers wear the british uniform they wear it for britian not so they can help european jews and forign jews continue to live on land that they stole.

israel can sort out its own problems and if americans want to die for israel then they are free too also die for israel and its land theft plese dont get us europeans involved in your middle-eastern dominance plans to control the resources and the region.

i hope europe doesnt help israel if the israel deicde to attack iran becuase i dont want british soldiers dying for israel.

posted on Feb, 11 2006 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Except for TC and the original poster it seems that everyone, or most members who have responded so far ihave only contemp and hatred for Israel, and have no idea on the history of the region and the history on how Israel came into existance. These people also seem willing to accept the chance that Iran is seeking to get a nuclear weapons program.

How easy this people forget that Iran had a nuclear program in secret for over a decade, which they were supposed to declare but didn't until a dissident came out with the truth on Iran's nuclear program.

The Israelis did not steal any land, they actually bought most of it from today's Palestinians.... That land has been fought over for thousands of years by the Israelis, and the Palestinians, which are not the majority of today's Palestinians. Most Palestinians living in the region called Palestine are Arabs, while the original Philistines, or Palestinians were Greek who navigated into that region.

People need to do some research and find out some facts before claiming such nonsense as "Israel stole the land".....

[edit on 11-2-2006 by Muaddib]

posted on Feb, 11 2006 @ 11:28 AM
link   
defcon5 "would think that Iran would have a lot of splaining to do to her Allies in the region just over the subject of fallout or other types of contamination"

i doubt there be an Iran left to do any explaining after Israel nukes them back or even much of a middle east if they nuke it out between themselves as Israel said they would nuke entire middle east which if you ask me works quite well for the WEST if they nuke each other no more terrorists lol.

Originally posted by iqonx
personally why the hell is israel our problem anyway. those white european/east european jews, persian jews, ethiopean/african jews, asian/indian jews decided to go any live in the middle east and where not invited in by the natives and the arabs dont want them there then tough # for the jews they should have never entered another races region. they can go any die for there own cause of living on someother person land. when british soldiers wear the british uniform they wear it for britian not so they can help european jews and forign jews continue to live on land that they stole.

israel can sort out its own problems and if americans want to die for israel then they are free too also die for israel and its land theft plese dont get us europeans involved in your middle-eastern dominance plans to control the resources and the region.

i hope europe doesnt help israel if the israel deicde to attack iran becuase i dont want british soldiers dying for israel.

i think Iran would pull Europe into its war think Denmark must be a major target nowdays, so if Iran attacked a European country rest of Europe would have to join the war on Iran. At moment Iran says they will attack soldiers in Iraq if Isreal attacks them so that sort of pulls Europe into the war from the start and deff the USA.

[edit on 11-2-2006 by blobby]

posted on Feb, 11 2006 @ 11:29 AM
link   
ArchAngel, you know that isn't the case, and you know that has never been the case within the region. they are very clear about their desire that Israel be destroyed. He didn't stutter, and I doubt this guy will ever stutter. That is what I like about him; he is very clear in his words.
As far as Israel's government being unfair in equal rights, let us discuss that here, where it is already started, and not throw this thread into a Israeli Politics thread, what say?

here

posted on Feb, 11 2006 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Blobby, could you please give us a link where PM Sharon says they will nuke the region?

Thanks.

posted on Feb, 11 2006 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Muaddib
it seems that everyone who has responded so far is full of hatred for Israel, and have no idea on the history of the region and the history on how Israel came into existance.

- Er, no.
Sorry but that simply won't do.

Just because someone questions Israels motives and actions you cannot simply write that off as "hatred"; it is perfectly reasonable to comment and speculate upon their intent, policies and capabilities (as everyone else is doing about just about everyone else).

Personally I am well aware of much of the region's history and exactly how Israel came into existance (and before).

People need to do some research and find out some facts before claiming such nonsense as "Israel stole the land".....

- Maybe some people do but you could do yourself a favour too and cut down on the sweeping generalities and groundless accusations.

posted on Feb, 11 2006 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by iqonx
personally why the hell is israel our problem anyway.

Because Everyone in conrol of our foreign policy is a Zionist.

They pull the strings so what happens always promotes Israels goals.

The fifth column is not approaching, it is inside our gates with a gun to the head of our government.

posted on Feb, 11 2006 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Okay, Pinky, let me make something very clear to you, if you continue to highjack the thread in such a manner, you will be in the penalty box for 3 days.
Remember what the thread topic is, folks?

Last thime, I will not lcok rthe thread, I will post ban those who hijack.

[edit on 11-2-2006 by Thomas Crowne]

posted on Feb, 11 2006 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
ArchAngel, you know that isn't the case, and you know that has never been the case within the region. they are very clear about their desire that Israel be destroyed. He didn't stutter, and I doubt this guy will ever stutter. That is what I like about him; he is very clear in his words.
As far as Israel's government being unfair in equal rights, let us discuss that here, where it is already started, and not throw this thread into a Israeli Politics thread, what say?

here

The translators did not stutter, and wiping off the map simply changes the borders, and/or the name of the STATE.

Iran is calling for Regime Change.

posted on Feb, 11 2006 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Yes, and how is that done, ArchAngel? We know from history how that is to happen. Please, the stated goals and how they are to be accomplished are clear, and have been since 1948.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join