It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran changes its tune on Israel: From “should” to “Will be”

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2006 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Muaddib
Blobby, could you please give us a link where PM Sharon says they will nuke the region?

Thanks.

I have read on here that Israel has a SAMSON option where if its attacked and loosing which an Iran nuke would most likely count as that, that Israels would nuke all middle east as if they cant stay then no ones having it in their opinion.

posted on Feb, 11 2006 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by ArchAngel
All he is doing is calling for Regime Change just like Bush did with Iraq.

Whats so bad about that?

Israel would be better off with a new government, one that gives equal rights for all.

No....he is calling for the total destruction of Israel and all it's people....

There is a difference.

posted on Feb, 11 2006 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Britguy
Why would Iran attack Israel with (fictional) nuclear weapons and kill many Muslims in the process? I think the answer is clearly that Iran would not.

You mean the same Palestinian soldiers/authorities that cared so much for the well being of other Palestinians and whose many soldiers and police officers not too long ago shot their rifles straight up in the air, which obviously came raining down upon the masses of Palestinians, injuring and probably killing many of their own people because they were morning the death of their ruler?....and even after seeing their Palestinian comrades falling to the ground wounded or dead they kept shooting into the air like nothing was happening...

The story about the March nuclear weapons test is a piece of fiction in itself, not backed up by any facts and came from one source with an agenda against Iran.

I haven't seen that story about the March nuclear weapon test, but perhaps you should know that Iran did have a secret nuclear program for over a decade, which they never told the UN hence it was secret....and they were supposed to disclose but only came to light because of a whistleblower....

This is also the same Iranian government who stated not too long ago that their only University which teaches Iranian scientist on "the peaceful purposes of nuclear technology" will be teaching all aspects of nuclear technology, not just "for peaceful purposes".

This whole process is practically indentical to the run-up to the Iraq invasion. Even the IAEA, although voicing some concerns, have not been able to find any evidence of any weapons programme, despite all the access they have been given to various sites.

Not really. First of all it was the UN with the backing of European leaders and even Russian authorities who this time around proceeded to voice their concern that Iran is working on their nuclear technology to get their hands on nuclear weapons, if they don't already have them or are close to getting them.

In fact, Iran has given the IAEA more access than any other country, voluntarily too.
Israel want's it's position as number 1 in the ME to be unchallenged and, like the Iraq fiasco, is supplying most of the "intel" against Iran, either directly or through it's paid voices in the US.

Oh, you mean the same unrestricted access that didn't let the IAEA, nor the world, know that Iran had a nuclear program running for over a decade?....

[edit on 11-2-2006 by Muaddib]

posted on Feb, 11 2006 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by blobby

I have read on here that Israel has a SAMSON option where if its attacked and loosing which an Iran nuke would most likely count as that, that Israels would nuke all middle east as if they cant stay then no ones having it in their opinion.

i would like to read that link please.

Thanks.

posted on Feb, 11 2006 @ 12:07 PM
link   
And we can be sure this is not just another translation error??? See the thread at:

www.abovetopsecret.com...'

Sorry, but after that little oops, I can't help but be skeptical about this or any other "statement" attributed to ( bad guy's name here) when I cannot hear and understand it for myself. There are just toooo many that would jump at the chance to "pretend to misunderstand"........especially if it fits in with some agenda of their own!!!

If, God help us, this guy does actually pose a REAL nuclear threat to Israel, or anyone else, including us....... we have effectively squandered the "high ground" and much of whatever other advantages we might have had!!

Instead of crying wolf about the threat of Sadam's WMD's, we should have 'saved' our resources and the trust of our allies, for something that might have been MUCH more important....

posted on Feb, 11 2006 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by frayed1
Instead of crying wolf about the threat of Sadam's WMD's, we should have 'saved' our resources and the trust of our allies, for something that might have been MUCH more important....

Perhaps you should stay on topic instead of trying to bring another topic which is still debatable. You want to believe that the tons of documents that dealt with wmd that were found in Iraq, together with the empty chemical warhead missiles which were still in boxes, and the other miriad of evidence found that SAddam's regime was working on a wmd program is not enough that's fine and dandy, but it is only your opinion, alongside some other people who seem to think these empty chemical warheads were to be used to fill up with candy or just a memento that Saddam wanted to keep....

So let's stay on topic shall we? Thanks.

posted on Feb, 11 2006 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Excuse Me?? I used HALF a sentence to say this 'topic' was more important than that something else......You used a whole string of "off topic" sentences and twice expressed your opinion that I was off topic.....with intent to insult. Shall I clear all my posts with you??

posted on Feb, 11 2006 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by frayed1
Excuse Me?? I used HALF a sentence to say this 'topic' was more important than that something else......You used a whole string of "off topic" sentences and twice expressed your opinion that I was off topic.....with intent to insult. Shall I clear all my posts with you??

Wether you used half a sentence or a one liner doesn't matter does it?

This topic is about the statements of the Iranian authorities, is it not?

and nowhere did I "intent to insult" anyone....

Shall we go back on topic, or do you still want to try to veer away the topic with your half sentences?

posted on Feb, 11 2006 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by skippytjc

Bangkokpost.com

Tehran (dpa) - Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad said on Saturday that the Palestinians and "other nations" will eventually remove Israel from the region.

Addressing a mass demonstration in Tehran - one of many organized throughout Iran to commemorate the 27th anniversary of the Islamic revolution - he once again questioned the Holocaust "fairy tale".

"We ask the West to remove what they created sixty years ago and if they do not listen to our recommendations, then the Palestinian nation and other nations will eventually do this for them," Ahmadinejad said in a ceremony marking the 27th anniversary of the Islamic revolution.

"Do the removal of Israel before it is too late and save yourself from the fury of regional nations," the ultra-conservative president said. He once again called the Holocaust a "fairy tale" and said Europeans have become hostages of "Zionists" in Israel.

1st....that web site/page sure has a slow server

reading the entire article...i read a different meaning of the words (bold emphasis by me) than the inferred meanings of ; threats & war & genocide & etcetera.

He Asks the western world, and all the UN nations that created the
State of Israel ~60 years ago, to UnDo or Remove what has become the State of Zion....and for the west to listen to M.E. 'recommendations'.

In the next sentence the word 'fury'-of-regional-nations "
does not spell out the use of infantry or ballistics or RPGs or warfare...
fury, rage, ire and the like.... are only emotions

Perhaps i'm too soft or diplomatic or something, for not reading into the message a bunch of warfare rhetoric...i have my eye towards something else entirely...Iran is starting up the Iran Oil Bourse (a oil trading marketplace) on March 20th this year, which will steer trading in Euros & Yen instead of US Petro-Dollars...
perhaps thru economics and population movement & opinion He & Iran
envisions that the Anglo-American-Zionist axis will have to eventually relent to the recommendations of the regional nations which includes a State of Palestine. and thats how an Israel will be removed (on paper not by genocide or nuclear exchanges)

but hey, thats just another view of the words reported and the larger situation in general

posted on Feb, 11 2006 @ 01:22 PM
link   
St Sudio, how exactly is moving their economy towards the euro going to help remove Israel?

Anyways, you do know that Iran has taken measures to not change their economy towards the Euro because of the statements, and actions, by European nations to submit Iran to the UN because of it's nuclear program, right?

I have been trying to corroborate this story with any other links, but so far I haven't been lucky, so I am going to wait a bit more and see what develops from this story and if any other news agencies do corroborate it.

Has anyone else found any other links to corroborate what is stated in the original link?

posted on Feb, 11 2006 @ 01:48 PM
link   

how exactly is moving their economy towards the euro going to help remove Israel?

It could start a chain reaction where the dollar is no longer used to buy oil which would cause the US economy to collapse from the decrease in demand for dollars and securities leaving Israel without the billions of American dollars needed to support their defense, and their own economy.

An economic domino theory.

posted on Feb, 11 2006 @ 01:52 PM
link   

We have a negative view of the USA (the 2nd most negative country) at the moment (right after Iran).
I think 'we' will have the sense not to get involved in these dangerous and lunatic little power 'games

Which, in my opinion shows just how disconnect from reality you euros are. I really dont know wwhen it happened, but you have all lost it.

posted on Feb, 11 2006 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Iran's President should be assinated and i would help doingit...this guy means bussiness and so does us

posted on Feb, 11 2006 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Please, you aren't George Bush, are you? Don't mention the "A" word. We do not off national leaders in times of peace. It makes leaders too paranoid.

You know, I find it hilarious that we are to believe that the good Prez of Iran is simply saying stupid things that are being taken out of context and minpulated without him ever yelling, "Hey, guys, STOP IT! That isn't what I meant!"
Everyone knows exactly what is meant, and we have always known. Actions and words have matched too well down trough the years. Talk about a cowboy, this guy is proving to be the champion, so far.

[edit on 11-2-2006 by Thomas Crowne]

posted on Feb, 11 2006 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by sminkeypinkey
The only 'fairy tale' here is the insistence (by some) that Iran either has, or is on the verge of having, nuclear weapons.
That and the idea that they are about to attack anyone.

Whats the real "fairy tale" is anyone on ATS that thinks they know for certain what Iran has in its arsenal or its future plans.

Truth is sminkeypinkey you and everybody eles really dont know for sure what Iran has or is going to do , Well unless your in Iran's goverment inner circle which your not. Everyone can make a guess or form a opinion from current known facts but thats not even close to certain either way.

[edit on 11-2-2006 by ShadowXIX]

posted on Feb, 11 2006 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Then why doesn't Iran simply saturate Isreal with chem weapons tomorrow?

Ahmadinejad is simply whipping up nationalist hysteria for domestic political purposes.

Threats or no, Iran lacks the military capacity to "wipe Israel off the map." Nukes or no, any attack against Israel by Iran will result in Iran's rapid demise, and for all the posturing, Ahmadinejad knows that perfectly well.

The more I look at it, the more I realize that this whole "crisis" is being engineered, for the purposes of keeping the mullahs in power. The government of Iran is aware that without external threats in the headlines, their people will turn on them. And so they're doing everything they can to drum up external threats.

posted on Feb, 11 2006 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by xmotex

Threats or no, Iran lacks the military capacity to "wipe Israel off the map." Nukes or no, any attack against Israel by Iran will result in Iran's rapid demise, and for all the posturing, Ahmadinejad knows that perfectly well.

While the threat may not be immediate Iran needs only one nuke to 'wipe Israel off the map'.

A nuclear EMP would not leave a viable state.

Maybe not all of the people would leave, but the STATE of Israel would come to an end.

Not in a day, or a week, but it would.

posted on Feb, 11 2006 @ 02:37 PM
link   
And Iran would be flattened in retaliation.
Do you really think the Israelis would be unwilling or unable to react?

You may not have noticed, but the Israeli's are hardly helpless.
And an EMP attack on Israel is extremely unlikely to take out their entire military.

[edit on 2/11/06 by xmotex]

posted on Feb, 11 2006 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by xmotex
And Iran would be flattened in retaliation.
Do you really think the Israelis would be unwilling or unable to react?

You may not have noticed, but the Israeli's are hardly helpless.
And an EMP attack on Israel is extremely unlikely to take out their entire military.

An EMP attack could make useless any electronic equipment not protected with a Faraday cage, and thats most everything.

The little that remained from the attack may be able to defend Israel, but the society cannot continue without electric power.

All generators would be toast, and thats the point of the bomb.

It takes out the heart of a modern society.

posted on Feb, 11 2006 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Seriously, I'm afraid that makes not much sense, ArchAngel. Such an attack would be good only if a follow-up attack is used.
EMP is not used by itself, not in a real war. It might have terroristic applications, but that would not stop Israel, and it would only incur her righteous wrath.

I don't understand; why is it so important to try and change what everyone knows is what he meant? You know how he meant it, and you know we know it as well. While I ceratinly do not agree with his position, I have to say, I appreciate his candor. Let's not try and dillute this great orators speaking abilities to try and soften the meaning. It would braek my heart. Plus, the scenarios presented a strategically unsound.

By the way, someone else asked why a chemical attack has not been launched, already. First, to ask why an unjustified attack has not already been conducted is a rhetorical one. Secondly, and specifically to the question, because launching a chemical attack would spell certain destruction for Iran. A chemical attack would not destroy Israeli counter-response capabilities.

<< 1    3 >>

join