It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian MP Says US To Attack Iran Late March

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 10:00 PM
link   

A top Russian parliamentary leader has told Ekho Moskvy radio station that an attack on Iran is inevitable and that it will occur on March 28th. The leader of the Liberal Democrats Vladimir Zhirinovsky also believes that the Muslim riots were orchestrated by the US to garner European backing for the military strike.

Rhetoric has heated significantly in the past week with Donald Rumsfeld yesterday warning that a military option was on the table, echoing the comments of Senate Majority Leader Bill Frist who said that the US was prepared to take military action.

Also, Israeli acting Prime Minister Ehud Olmert stated that Iran would pay "a very heavy price" if the Islamic Republic defiantly resumes full-scale uranium enrichment to build nuclear weapons.

Zhirinovsky told the Russian radio station that, "The war is inevitable because the Americans want this war. Any country claiming a leading position in the world will need to wage wars. Otherwise it will simply not be able to retain its leading position."

source: www.prisonplanet.com...

Yes it Alex Jones' site but still an interesting read. There are many items discussed ranging from the possible attack on Iran, to "the publication of the offensive cartoons was a planned psyop on the part of the US and aimed to “provoke a row between Europe and the Islamic world”. Also tie ins with Merete Eldrup whose husband is a prominent Bilderberg member. Overall fodder for conspiracy theorists.

brill

www.abovetopsecret.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink" rel="nofollow"> Mod Note: Surround your snippet and link to an external source with these new tags:
[ex] --> Begin external source content
[/ex] --> End external source content

[edit on 8-2-2006 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 12:10 AM
link   
I think its a extremelly unlikely that u.s/isreal will be attacking iran on march 28th. In the article it also stated:

"The date for the strike is already known — it is the election day in Israel (March 28). It is also known how much that war will cost,” said Zhirinovsky

How can you know how much a war is going to cost. is this guy just assuming you can through a few variables in a computer program and come up w/ accurate figures. Yeah the war on iraq is probably a good tool but in reality iran would have much greater opposition and its much bigger causing a huge change in logistics.

this blew my mind as well:

“It will all end with European countries thanking the United States and paying, and giving soldiers,” said Zhirinovsky.

so is this russian guy like a prophet now or what?

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nathabeanz
I think its a extremelly unlikely that u.s/isreal will be attacking iran on march 28th. In the article it also stated:

Why is that? The neocons in the White House want to do it, so does Israel.

March is the month when the magic happens, because in March Iran will open her new oil bourse which trades oil in euros. Then there's the Israeli elections. And also the Iranian new year, but that's irrelevant.

I think it's very possible, but it remains to be seen.

so is this russian guy like a prophet now or what?

Don't be silly. He's just speculating and estimating, but his speculations do have some merit, imo.

Here's another article on it:
www.mosnews.com...

[edit on 8/2/2006 by SwearBear]

Mod Note: WOT Posting Conduct – Please Review Link.

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 01:12 AM
link   
The reason we know how much it would cost is because we know how much our bombs cost, how much our planes cost, and how much our missles cost.

This will not be an invasion IF we attacked.

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 05:03 AM
link   
As to the belief that US wants a war with Iran, why not?

1. Iran has continued to declared US as the enemy since 1979. It is almost normal to hear daily chants of 'Death to US, Death to Jews, Death to infidels', worked up by groups of morons in priestly garbs. These are no mere chants but actual threats carried out in real in random spots all over the world.

2. Its lunatic shaman of a leader encouraged naive students, who should be improving their minds, worked on their base passions to hold innocent americans hostages for no other crimes than to be americans for a miserable 444 days. These americans were treated with violence and threatened with death daily for every single day of their captivity. Even criminals in the West apprehended and guilty for crimes are not treated in this manner.

3. The lunatics demanded $8 billion of assets frozed by the US govt. It must be knowned that these monies were assets belongs to the previous legal iranian govt and held in trust by overseas banks. That idiotic shaman had no other credibility of being known as the head of state other than a sham he called himself 'divine leader' of the iranian masses, not even recognised by the UN.

Most definately the US govt cannot deal with him and hand over these monies to just any scam artist who used fear to control the masses. Unfortunately, for the sake of humanity and the pitiful hostages, the monies were unfrozed thru legal means and the hostages were released.

4. These hostages subsequently filed a suit to sue the Iranian despots, which won but despical hypocrite iranian ragheads that they are, they refused to pay a single cent despite their claims that others were committing illegalities in everything else they do.

5. Many other western and US businesses were made bankrupt, and employees unpaid when the pigbrained ragheads nationalized all businesses in Iran, dishonoured all contracts signed by the previous legal govt of Iran.

6. There can be no denial on Iran's ambition to create an Islamic world, and 'infidels' to be put to the sword anywhere they were encountered. It was even in their manifesto when they stole the reins of govt in 1979.

Therefore, there is no question on where the growth of radical Islam hails from, where life of others are cheap, our women and children easy game for these baby killers.

7. Coupled with that ambition is their demented desire to own nuclear bombs, contravening existing treaties set by a weary world to limit proliferation, their madness and hypocrisy knows no bounds.

It is fervantly hope that war can still be averted for people on both sides lose their lifes in it, but when push comes to shove, combatants on the side of humanity will know that they are doing something good for the world - the prevention of nuclear proliferation and the concentration of baby killers within a locality to be decisely dealt with by combatants.

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 06:07 AM
link   
In the same article another guy says the US WONT strike !!

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Well Israel said a while ago that it could strike Iran in March so maybe he could be right month wise.

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 11:27 AM
link   
How could anyone possibly know the exact date, and cost of a war. There are too many variables, irregularities, and things that can go wrong. Its as unpredictable as everyday life, we dont know what will happen next, it could be a great thing, or a horrible thing. Sometimes # happens and you cant predict that. Thats why I say phooey to this article, means nothing to me, I dont see an invasion of Iran happening. Not because we couldnt do it, but because we can win this war from the air and sea.

SwearBear, what makes you think the "neocons" in the White House, want to do this? You have insider info? A reliable link to this?

I do agree that March is the month magic happens, hell the current Iraq war started on my 18th birthday, March 19th, 2003. If it happens again, Ill be for sure that my birthday has a curse upon it.

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeekerofTruth101
As to the belief that US wants a war with Iran, why not?

1. Iran has continued to declared US as the enemy since 1979. It is almost normal to hear daily chants of 'Death to US, Death to Jews, Death to infidels', worked up by groups of morons in priestly garbs. These are no mere chants but actual threats carried out in real in random spots all over the world.

2. Its lunatic shaman of a leader encouraged naive students, who should be improving their minds, worked on their base passions to hold innocent americans hostages for no other crimes than to be americans for a miserable 444 days. These americans were treated with violence and threatened with death daily for every single day of their captivity. Even criminals in the West apprehended and guilty for crimes are not treated in this manner.

3. The lunatics demanded $8 billion of assets frozed by the US govt. It must be knowned that these monies were assets belongs to the previous legal iranian govt and held in trust by overseas banks. That idiotic shaman had no other credibility of being known as the head of state other than a sham he called himself 'divine leader' of the iranian masses, not even recognised by the UN.

Most definately the US govt cannot deal with him and hand over these monies to just any scam artist who used fear to control the masses. Unfortunately, for the sake of humanity and the pitiful hostages, the monies were unfrozed thru legal means and the hostages were released.

4. These hostages subsequently filed a suit to sue the Iranian despots, which won but despical hypocrite iranian ragheads that they are, they refused to pay a single cent despite their claims that others were committing illegalities in everything else they do.

5. Many other western and US businesses were made bankrupt, and employees unpaid when the pigbrained ragheads nationalized all businesses in Iran, dishonoured all contracts signed by the previous legal govt of Iran.

6. There can be no denial on Iran's ambition to create an Islamic world, and 'infidels' to be put to the sword anywhere they were encountered. It was even in their manifesto when they stole the reins of govt in 1979.

Therefore, there is no question on where the growth of radical Islam hails from, where life of others are cheap, our women and children easy game for these baby killers.

7. Coupled with that ambition is their demented desire to own nuclear bombs, contravening existing treaties set by a weary world to limit proliferation, their madness and hypocrisy knows no bounds.

It is fervantly hope that war can still be averted for people on both sides lose their lifes in it, but when push comes to shove, combatants on the side of humanity will know that they are doing something good for the world - the prevention of nuclear proliferation and the concentration of baby killers within a locality to be decisely dealt with by combatants.

you why you keep on calling people ragheads.

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 05:43 PM
link   

I do agree that March is the month magic happens, hell the current Iraq war started on my 18th birthday, March 19th, 2003. If it happens again, Ill be for sure that my birthday has a curse upon it.

As Shakespeare so eloquently put it, “Beware the ides of March”.

But seriously, unless this Russian MP has some evidence to present will have to take what he says at face value, and its not worth much.

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 06:04 PM
link   
I wish I read this thread earlier, so I could clarify this:

the person who made the claims has made a political career by making most outrageous and scandalous statements, such as that Russia should release radioactive dust on the border with Estonia, and erect gigantic fans in order to direct the flow into this neighboring country. You think that I'm kidding, but I'm not. Same guy is famous for making videotaped remarks agains GW Bush, while being complete sh!tfaced, and predicting a quick demise of the US Army in Iraq at the hands of the "choice Iraqi soldiers".

The list can go on an on. The guy assaulted a woman right in the Parlaiment Chamber and punched her a few times. Recently, he publicly proposed hiring an army of riflemen whose duty would be shooting down every bird crossing the Russian border, in order to prevent the spread of the bird flu.

Do you still want to speculate on the veracity of his statements?

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 06:25 PM
link   
I get the impression that lots of people here would love to see the US attack Iran very soon.
That would shut them up, wouldnt it.
Anyone with any love of precious life would be rooting and praying for peace.

These things get inflamed to outrageous proportions when you see people like Condaleeza saying they have to be stopped and something to the effect that the world should do something now.

This is going to be the end of us. And the world.

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 08:20 PM
link   
I say leave Iran alone. Bad enough we're on some half-baked crusade in Iraq, we don't need to add to it!

What would really be stupid would be if people who believe Bush misled us concerning Iraq decided that attacking Iran is a good idea!

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aelita
I wish I read this thread earlier, so I could clarify this:

the person who made the claims has made a political career by making most outrageous and scandalous statements, such as that Russia should release radioactive dust on the border with Estonia, and erect gigantic fans in order to direct the flow into this neighboring country. You think that I'm kidding, but I'm not. Same guy is famous for making videotaped remarks agains GW Bush, while being complete sh!tfaced, and predicting a quick demise of the US Army in Iraq at the hands of the "choice Iraqi soldiers".

The list can go on an on. The guy assaulted a woman right in the Parlaiment Chamber and punched her a few times. Recently, he publicly proposed hiring an army of riflemen whose duty would be shooting down every bird crossing the Russian border, in order to prevent the spread of the bird flu.

Do you still want to speculate on the veracity of his statements?

Jeez I thought we had some bad ones.

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 08:33 PM
link   

What would really be stupid would be if people who believe Bush misled us concerning Iraq decided that attacking Iran is a good idea!

Actually, you know what would be more idiotic? Making decisions based upon past unrelated events rather then making decisions from the facts and evidence pertaining to a present case.

[edit on 8-2-2006 by WestPoint23]

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 03:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by ludaChris
SwearBear, what makes you think the "neocons" in the White House, want to do this? You have insider info? A reliable link to this?

I thought it would be obvious by now.

Oil prices are going down, which is bad. The Iranian euro oil bourse is going to open in March, which could be bad for the dollar. Once the US and UK take Iran they've got control over 60% of the worlds oil reserves.

Defense contractors are profiting like never before, and let's just say they sure wouldn't be sad if another war in the Middle East started.

The U.S. government is borrowing money like never before for the war in Iraq and Afghanistan, and spending lots on national security aswell. This be putting the U.S. in a debt that it will never get out of, without monetary reform anyway, which is unlikely to happen, and this is very good for the international bankers.

Oh, and the Bush administration, the neocons in the White House, most likely have stocks in many of the companies that would profit, seeing as quite a few of them are former employees of oil companies and then there's of course Cheney who worked for Halliburton. And don't forget the Bush-Carlyle Group connection.

I'd think just about all of them are puppets of the energy-military industrial complex.

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 04:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by brill

A top Russian parliamentary leader has told Ekho Moskvy radio station that an attack on Iran is inevitable and that it will occur on March 28th. The leader of the Liberal Democrats Vladimir Zhirinovsky also believes that the Muslim riots were orchestrated by the US to garner European backing for the military strike.

Rhetoric has heated significantly in the past week with Donald Rumsfeld yesterday warning that a military option was on the table, echoing the comments of Senate Majority Leader Bill Frist who said that the US was prepared to take military action.

Also, Israeli acting Prime Minister Ehud Olmert stated that Iran would pay "a very heavy price" if the Islamic Republic defiantly resumes full-scale uranium enrichment to build nuclear weapons.

Zhirinovsky told the Russian radio station that, "The war is inevitable because the Americans want this war. Any country claiming a leading position in the world will need to wage wars. Otherwise it will simply not be able to retain its leading position."

source: www.prisonplanet.com...

I should of known this
it's the US who ran those cartoons
we secretly control the world
what is this? cold war paranoia all over again? or is it blame america no matter what the hell it is......oh shoot! that meteor is going to hit us....it' the americn's fault! no wait donal rumsfeld! NO! it's BUSH!

[edit on 9-2-2006 by XphilesPhan]

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Well, How Convenient...

Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice on Wednesday accused U.S. adversaries Iran and Syria of stoking Muslim anger against the West over cartoons of the rophet Mohammad that have sparked deadly protests.

"Iran and Syria have gone out of their way to inflame sentiments and to use this to their own purposes and the world ought to call them on it," Rice said at a joint news conference with Israel's Foreign Minister Tzipi Livni.

She said nothing justified the violence that had resulted worldwide from the cartoons and appealed to governments to urge calm.

Reuters< br />

Who would have thought that the Goverments of Iran and Syria are behind this? Well I guess this is just the BEST possible Scenario for USA and Isreal!

I Guess mister Zhirinovsky was Absolutely RIGHT.

Just in time for the upcoming March Iran Petro-Euro Oil sales...

posted on Mar, 29 2006 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Zhirinovsky was wrong.

posted on Mar, 29 2006 @ 01:50 AM
link   
hahahaha seems so!!
And all that talk of war in march. pfffft. So much hype.
i highly doubt it will happen in march now. The US would probably hype the public up a little more first to win a little more public opinion, and that takes more than a day.

top topics

join