It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New, and searching for information.......

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2003 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Well, I'm very new here, I just only joined a couple of days ago when I stumbled across this site as I was searching for information for a paper. Destiny, I suppose. I'm a college student, that loves art, science, and well, just about anything really. I've deduced that it is time that I start thinking and finding answers for myself and stop relying on parents and teachers.

Which brings me back to the stumbling across here.

I've been searching for myths about NORAD, rumors, talltales, etc. Fact or fiction that is proved or disproved, or simply still unsolved or uninvestigated. I need URL's or book titles/authors to support, as this is an informational essay. I felt I couldn't bring myself to turn in the regurgitation from the military websites and other essays that are all the same crap. I apreciate any help or information that anyone can provide.

Thanks a bunch

posted on Oct, 3 2003 @ 03:29 PM
link   
*15,15*
Welcome,
again ifleia..
May you enjoy long life, lovely fun, and many a drinks...
Enjoy your time here (forever starting two minutes ago).
*salutes*
Cheers,
- Tass *40*

posted on Oct, 4 2003 @ 06:21 AM
link   
welcome im not really clued up on the norad stuff but i did look for a link for you
is this sort of what it is

usmilitary.about.com...

maybe you could tell me a little about it??

posted on Oct, 4 2003 @ 01:27 PM
link   
if you need anyone to help you around
just u2u me ill be ya daddy.....
welcome and have fun!!!

posted on Oct, 4 2003 @ 05:15 PM
link   
asala,

I'll let you see my paper once it's finished, it might clear some things up and inform you a little more. I didn't know anything about NORAD when I first got the topic, really. Thanks for the link, I've actually already been to that site. There seems to be only a few rumors\accusations when it comes to NORAD, one being that it tracks UFO's and knows all about them, the other is whether or not 9/11 was a government setup and NORAD was involved.
The majority of the information available on NORAD seems to be moreover the construction of the complex, and theres info available on how its mission has changed over the years, but the hows and tech stuff I still have yet to find, and won't have time to either, essays due in three days. Wish me luck. ^.^ thanks agian for the help.

posted on Oct, 4 2003 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Very good luck on that paper....and yes i would love to see the end results...maybe i can learn from it....
looks very interesting though..may have to look it up a bit more,
Well again good luck on that paper,,,
asala

posted on Oct, 4 2003 @ 06:28 PM
link   
I can tell you being a Canadian that Norad was mostly set up in this country but run out of a headquarters in the US.

It had a major role to play during the cold war from 50s to probably late 70s when it was most active. I think that missile treaties between USSR and USA helped to relieve some of the pressure.

Recently what was left of NORAD has been restructured and I don't even think it exists anymore. You might be better off to find some old encyclopedias to obtain info than on the web.

As a summation NORAD was controlled airspace over the Arctic and Northern Canada as an early warning system in case of Russian missiles or bombers planning a sneak attack. In the early years when the capability of missiles was less the main threat was Russian Bearcat (I believe that name is correct), bombers flying from Siberia over the North Pole down through Northern Canada and into Canada and the US.

new topics

top topics

join