It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A question on the "powerdown" claim

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Where are the building permits for this “powerdown?”

Any work that would involve the large scale shutdown of the life safety systems of the towers would require building permits and fire department notification.

It would be fairly easy to go look these up at city hall. Where is the confirmation of this?

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 02:03 PM
link   
In Canada permits are not required for power downs. Why would they ? Permits are usually required for road closures or public affecting scenarios.

Anyone can power down their own building ... if you don't pay your electric bill the utility company will power you down without and permits.

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Well that’s in Canada. Here in the U.S. we have a little thing called “life safety.” If the emergency lights or the elevators are not working, the building is not allowed to be occupied.

And if you think that the city of New York is going to allow any electrical work to be done without a permit, then you are sadly mistaken.

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by HowardRoark
Where are the building permits for this “powerdown?”

Any work that would involve the large scale shutdown of the life safety systems of the towers would require building permits and fire department notification.

It would be fairly easy to go look these up at city hall. Where is the confirmation of this?

Are you suggesting that people powerful enough to pull off a complex covert operation like this couldn't get around a simple permit?

Can you prove that the exact reason for the power down in this particular building from floor 50 and up would require a permit? Why should we take your word that it does?

Maybe you should ask Scott Forbes or Ben Fountain about this or simply email them and call them out as liars directly.

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Welcome back Lyte, having fun? Who are you going to be next? Mary Poppins?

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 04:24 PM
link   
If there was a permit, then where is it?

Who filed it, and who signed and stamped the required drawings?

All of that would be available from the city department of buildings, Just go and ask.

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jack Tripper
Maybe you should ask Scott Forbes or Ben Fountain about this or simply email them and call them out as liars directly.

Lyte, I think you missed the memo, even a conspiracy 911 site acknowledges this is bs:

911review.com...

[edit on 7-2-2006 by AgentSmith]

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 04:30 PM
link   
What a shill !!! Notice Howard trying to get people to produce a New York power down permit to prove the demolition. It should be Howard proving his shill theory of how WTC7 collapsed symetrically and how WTC1&2 exploded symetrically faster than laws of momentum allow.

Howard the shill can't prove anything so being the good Shill that he is he distracts by sending others on wild shillchases.

So Howard who are you ? Where do you work ? What is your religion ? Are you a republican ? Are you a zionist neocon ? Have you ever visited Israel ?

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by AgentSmith

Lyte, I think you missed the memo, even a conspiracy 911 site acknowledges this is bs:

911review.com...

This does not disprove it. It merely questions it.

Plus there IS in fact corroboration now.

So I guess you need to start scrambling to find something to discredit Ben Fountain.

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by HowardRoark
If there was a permit, then where is it?

Who filed it, and who signed and stamped the required drawings?

All of that would be available from the city department of buildings, Just go and ask.

You claimed there would have to be a permit.

I don't agree. To quote myself:

Are you suggesting that people powerful enough to pull off a complex covert operation like this couldn't get around a simple permit?

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by INOBMAZMAI
What a shill !!! Notice Howard trying to get people to produce a New York power down permit to prove the demolition. It should be Howard proving his shill theory of how WTC7 collapsed symetrically and how WTC1&2 exploded symetrically faster than laws of momentum allow.

Howard the shill can't prove anything so being the good Shill that he is he distracts by sending others on wild shillchases.

So Howard who are you ? Where do you work ? What is your religion ? Are you a republican ? Are you a zionist neocon ? Have you ever visited Israel ?

First off, welcome to ATS, a discussion board that is head and shoulders above the rest of the Net. That is because of our Terms and Conditions of use. I think you should review them all and concentrate on #2:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 05:22 PM
link   
How exactly is Ben Fountains story corroboration?

Ben Fountain says that he was evacuated a number of times that week. We already know that there was a heightened alert until just before 9-11.
Mr. Fountain does not say whether it was just his office, or if the entire building was evacuated.

It seems that Fountain was talking about emergency drills. A power down would require advance notice, as Forbes said he recieved. A planned power down would not result in surprise evacuations.

Ben Fountain says nothing at all about the power being out, or a cabling upgrade.

Forbes story has been repeated ad naseum with no new information forthcoming. All we have is one anonymous email to 9-11 researchers.

George Washington, another anonymous internet source has repeated Forbes claims as an "interview" and claims a video is coming soon.

Until there is more from Forbes, it looks more like a hoax than anything else.

BTW a [email protected] or whatever it is, is not proof of his existence.

Maybe we should email [email protected] and see what he has to say.

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Honestly I don't care either way.

This has not been disproven yet but even if it is it hardly matters.

4,000 lbs of explosives......10 people, 10 trips.

Could have happened late at night spanned out over a few weeks.

No power down was necessary.

It is simply suspicious if it's true.

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Where's the evidence for two tons of explosives being all that was needed?

Or is this just accepted as truth because it's from Jones op/ed peice.

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 01:55 AM
link   

You realise that the pictures you see of the WTC were not actual size right?

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 08:56 AM
link   

You claimed there would have to be a permit.

I don't agree. To quote myself:

Once again, you demonstrate your ignorance of how things work in the real world.

Do you honestly think that the people who managed those buildings, would have allowed anything sort of major electrical work such as this to have taken place without any internal review of drawings, permits, contractor qualifications, insurance certificates, etc?

This is not a plot line for ”Mission Impossible”, this is the real world we are talking about.

You know, the place where people actually have to go out and work for a living.

There would be a paper trail.

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by INOBMAZMAI

Hi Zamboni, I thought they banned you from posting.

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by LeftBehind
Where's the evidence for two tons of explosives being all that was needed?

Or is this just accepted as truth because it's from Jones op/ed peice.

Jones is a professor of physics.

It was not an oped piece it was an academic public forum.

You are not a professor of physics. (please correct me if I'm wrong)

If you doubt his very public claim it is your responsibility to prove him incorrect.

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by AgentSmith

You realise that the pictures you see of the WTC were not actual size right?

How come it's ok for you and HowardRoark to consistently spew sarcasm here?

I have seen others get jumped on right away for breaking the rules but you two seem to have a free pass.

Hmmm.

Prove him wrong.

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 09:20 AM
link   
You see, LB, In Jack’s world, a physics professor knows more about building design and structural engineering then those that have actually studied those fields.

It would be easy to prove him incorrect, if he actually published some data and calculations to go with his claims, but he hasn’t. All he has done is regurgitated the same old misinformed B.S.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join