It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would happen if disclosure happened but no one accepts truth???

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 04:51 AM
link   
What if disclosure is already occuring, but no one accepts the truth???

Can disclosure affect our daily life?

Do we have the power to make changes or would rather those in power change it for us, a sense of apathy?

Dare we even face the truth or prefer the comfort of denial?

Are we like England of the 1940s - kept on pleasing Hitler thru PM then Neville Chamberlian and refused to believe that Hitler was pushing for an aryan master race that excludes anglo saxons as each european capital continued to fall to that demon of racial enslavement?

Are we ready for the dawn of englightment or prefer the darkness and comfort of conspiracy and lies by those in power?

Is there a George Washington of undeniable truth amongst us, with regards to UFO and aliens to lead us into scientific discovery and reformation or do we prefer the redcoats of mainstream science to continue to make profits based on old technology, with minisicule growth where change is almost unrecognisable due to time lag?

Are we even ready for truth? What excuses are we going to make to deny the truth? Mankind in reality thru the ages had never been ready for any truth. Let's use Religion as an example. Took centuries for them to accept the doctrine of Christ, and even wars where brother fought against brother to question the fellowship of Christ among the growing denominations in the 15th Century. Same with Islam amongst the sunnis and wahabis. Same with Buddism as each group seek their own version of 'reincarnated' Buddha. Paganisim - don't even bother as each group claims theirs is the right worship.

Let's use computers as an example next: IBM didnt believe computers can be shrunk to home size. Many resisted the change and Gates had a hard time getting investors. Now we are even using palm size.

Let's use the ozone layer as another example:- Global warming was believed to be a myth. Aerosols continued to spray joyously. Now we are paying a price for destruction of our environment.

So many other follies to list on our supposedly 'intelligent and scientific mindset'. Such a sham!

My point:- Resistance to change is common in Mankind and only natural. Go on, enjoy and take comfort in the darkness.......

From Russia - with love and disclosure.

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Maybe truthful disclosure already happened and it was rejected?

Some are so ingrained with fanciful conspiracy theories that they are incapable of understanding the truth even when presented with incontrovertible facts that the conspiracy theory is wrong and the true explanation is quite mundane.

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 01:27 PM
link   
You know now that you metion it who knows how many things were "true" that we didn't believe in the past. This opens up a whole new idea with infinite perspectives.....

[edit on 4-2-2006 by JoJo the religious man]

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 02:19 PM
link   
If disclosure were to happen tomorrow what would I do?

Nothing. I might take the day off to watch TV and read the internet, no wait it's a Sunday I would be off anyway. Would I take the week off? No. I feel I've got more important things on my mind at the moment anyway. It's not like if there was a disclosure we'd all be talking to aliens person to person and flying around in millenium falcon type ships. Nothing would change.

I think for myself, and I suspect for a lot of people on this board, I'd feel somewhat vindicated but that's about it. I wouldn't feel that I was in a position to affect a disclosure in any way - say we had some visitors staying in a certain building. I wouldn't flock to that building with a massive sign like in independance day. If you think about it, they'd just be people really.... not humans, but still people.

Having said all that I'd still be really interested by it all. The moral of the story for snooping agents? Disclosure on a Friday, then people can take the weekend off to think about it

Edit: Oh and you're so good at manipulating the media to instill a sense of fear - use it to calm people instead.

[edit on 4-2-2006 by Nova]

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeekerofTruth101
What if disclosure is already occuring, but no one accepts the truth???

It's almost funny but I see this possibly happening. Once and if there is a mass landing situation, everyone would be forced to the truth.

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Well, they are here. We know they are here. Seriously, do we need the governments of earth to tell us???

[edit on 4-2-2006 by dgtempe]

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 10:16 PM
link   
If they are already "here" I would like to challenge one of them to post a comment on this website.
I'll be waiting , just like so many others.

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 12:19 AM
link   
You gotta be kidding! I would have expected something like appearing before UN council, but post a comment here in ATS???? Nice 'Hobson's' choice though, usual stuff from denial folks..

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Hypothetical:

What happens when an advanced species decides it wants to disclose its presence to less advanced but intelligent beings, and the governments and security apparatuses of that world do everything they can with the limited means at their disposal to prevent it?

How would the governments and security apparatuses of that world go about overcoming - in an ad hock fashion through trial and error - the vast technological advantage of the advanced species, with the aim of hiding or degrading the impact of their disclosure even if they cannot stop it outright, or with any immediacy?

How would you go about the task of erasing or weakening the repercussions and perceptions of something that has already occurred and is ongoing?

What advantages and resources would you have in your own world – particularly in a position of power – that the advanced species would not necessarily have?

Answer those questions and, hypothetically speaking, you have a rough picture - conceptually, at least - of what may be going on.

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Nice 'Hobson's' choice though, usual stuff from denial folks..

I am not in denial. I believe they exist and always have. I guess I shouldn't have said post on ATS because no one would believe it anyway.

There is one sure way they could contact us and almost everyone would know it and that is on television and radio.

Then come to think about it, people probably wouldn't believe that either.

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by MagicaRose
If they are already "here" I would like to challenge one of them to post a comment on this website.
I'll be waiting , just like so many others.

THEY HAVE ALWAYS BEEN HERE.

IMO

We are are only an experiment created. What is unkonwn is who
is GOD? That is why we are created and differ from them to help them seek what they can not comprehind. Thats why souls are " reborn" over and over again.

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Well, whatever happens, i hope the aliens do not have president Bush or Cheney go on national tv and tell us. That would be interpreted as a lie.

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 11:37 PM
link   
i beleive a lot more people are ready to accept them now than ever before. i know i am looking for them with open arms. seems they just arent as interested in me.what do i have to do?

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 12:46 AM
link   
i dont think people in general are afraid of change .
the few people in power are .
example given was IBM - your right maybe Ibm was and they ended up loosing in the long run.

but overall i think alot of people have comfort zones . there happy to go work come home to the wife /girlfriend / kids or whatever and do there thing on a daily routine basis .. so if you have a family and your happy in life why would you want anything to upset/change that ? .

let me just add after re-reading your post .
that there will always be scientist/people on both sides of the fence.

but that doesnt mean that the people/average person resist change.
-- example -- i think alot of people are willing to buy and use alternative uses of energy besides Oil .. but the Big oil companies are not and the Goverment is not ,, -
but i think the average person would be more than willing to buy/use Hydro electric cars - if they wer a reasonable price .
and use other forms of power for every day use.

As for relegion - most relegions seem to have a turbulent time in history.
most of the relegions of today are peacefull , Except for 1 that i can think of . we all know wich one it is . so i wont name names and start a relegious discussion.

but back to basics - i think most people are rdy and willing and some prob could care less about aliens and the so called truth of anything .

[edit on 6-2-2006 by Briggs]

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 01:13 AM
link   
humans are pretty resilient.i am sure we will adapt just fine.i think that we have been given tech so fast now. so we as a world are able to communicate so much easier(THE WEB) so we can all have these discussions.i mean now we know all over the world there are sightings it is out there people are aware to it whether they beleive or not there getting anethitizied to it.so it wont be such a shock.i am just curious as to why they want us to develop so much faster now (the last 150yrs)

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by tigerla5
humans are pretty resilient.i am sure we will adapt just fine.i think that we have been given tech so fast now. so we as a world are able to communicate so much easier(THE WEB) so we can all have these discussions.i mean now we know all over the world there are sightings it is out there people are aware to it whether they beleive or not there getting anethitizied to it.so it wont be such a shock.i am just curious as to why they want us to develop so much faster now (the last 150yrs)

sorry to Burst your bubble tiger -- but aliens did not give us the internet .
or alot of the other technologies that we have .... this has been discussed in depth here on this web site many times .. so plz do a little research on what you think might be alien tech , and you may just be surprised to find out that - it was invented here on good ol earth , by a good ol Humans , with no help from aliens .

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 06:30 AM
link   
The proof of denial is evident, i need not say more. Comfort zone is indeed comforting. Perhaps ignorance is best as it spares our minds the tiresome task of deep contemplation, espacially of our origins as a species.

Darwinism states we descended from apes. Sometimes i wonder why are some apes are still in apeform and not manlike.

Bigbang chaos theories states our appearance derives from the combination of atoms and molecules and stabalized. A magic wand of chance by another name. And i thought scientists never believed in magic. Why was there a gap in the timeline between the appearance of dinosaurs and men? Let me help - perhaps a second bigbang occured and created us?

From propeller based technology for 47 years, then overnight, we went into jet age. From carbon based technology since the 1800s to 1950s - vacuum tubes circuit boards to silicon based chips and transistors of the likes like japanese radios of the 60s, similarly overnight, which gradually led to computers and its associated technologies.

Much more amazing scientific advances if you were to research the technology of 1800s ~ 1950 and then 1950 ~ 1990.

An anomaly of time - 1950s where the scientific progress of the industrial revolution grew by leaps and bounds. ....must have been either Dr. Benjamin Spock's child rearing techniques which made children geniuses or better cow's milk. Now thats a better comfort zone to believe in. Or so some wish.

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Well if No-one believed then the the world as we now it would just carry on as we know it with "joe public" getting up and doing all the things that they do just to make ends meet and loving and sleeping and then the Dis-Info groups can say that the jobs were well done

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by SeekerofTruth101
The proof of denial is evident, i need not say more. Comfort zone is indeed comforting. Perhaps ignorance is best as it spares our minds the tiresome task of deep contemplation, espacially of our origins as a species.

Darwinism states we descended from apes. Sometimes i wonder why are some apes are still in apeform and not manlike.

Bigbang chaos theories states our appearance derives from the combination of atoms and molecules and stabalized. A magic wand of chance by another name. And i thought scientists never believed in magic. Why was there a gap in the timeline between the appearance of dinosaurs and men? Let me help - perhaps a second bigbang occured and created us?

From propeller based technology for 47 years, then overnight, we went into jet age. From carbon based technology since the 1800s to 1950s - vacuum tubes circuit boards to silicon based chips and transistors of the likes like japanese radios of the 60s, similarly overnight, which gradually led to computers and its associated technologies.

Much more amazing scientific advances if you were to research the technology of 1800s ~ 1950 and then 1950 ~ 1990.

An anomaly of time - 1950s where the scientific progress of the industrial revolution grew by leaps and bounds. ....must have been either Dr. Benjamin Spock's child rearing techniques which made children geniuses or better cow's milk. Now thats a better comfort zone to believe in. Or so some wish.

There are no Anomalies in technology advances, every tech we have can be traced step by step through history . All you have to do is the research .

wich can be done all your local library Or on the Internet . Hell spend some time watching the Science channel and History channnel for awhile . But your better off reading about it . If your more into Vids - go to amazon.com and look up James Burke - he has some vids called - Connnections - wich traces inventions and what they have lead to through out history .

There is no mystery to how we got to where we are now - the only mystery is why people are so lazy and ignorant to do the research for themselves instead of going off on some wild imagination tangent.

even your very first statement is Oxmoronic -
maybe your mind cant handle simple History Facts and becomes tired easily ? . proof of denial ?? . Read a Book , watch some Vids , look it up on the net .

A gap between Dinosaurs and Man ??. wow your really out in left field .
again , instead of sitting in front of your computer typing nonsense,
spend some time reading history books , pick up a few archeology books
ect ect , Or just look it up on the net . Really there is no excuse for being so lazy physically or mentally .

and thats what it comes down to ,, people are too lazy to do the research .
they expect to come to a web site like this and find the answears to everything and your nonsense and others perpetuate that .

and in this day and age , there is no reason for it , besides being lazy and wantingly ignorant .

Read History books
watch the History channel.
watch the Science channel.
watch the Discovery channel . and all the other channels like them .

and if for some reason you dont have access to them - do your research on the net - at crediable web sites instead of Ufo web sites , where everything is speculation at best .

and last but not least - go to the library. - you might actually get off your butt and get some walking exercise .

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Lol!..go read a book. Your posts dont deserve my comments. At least i can get some intelligence on a discussion of the topic from others but you take the cake!

Now debunkers like you dont even dare to show your stand on ANY topic except to be deludedly presumptous with the hubris of being assumed well-read?

Nah, dont bother to explain...in your denial i will only get to read your mumbo jumbo crap or another round of defensive sense of intellectual pretentions. As i had mention in my first post, go on, take comfort in your denial, its better to be ignorant and want everybody else to be as ignorant as you, assuming everything you read is right, and live in darkness. Have fun

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join