It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

100's of Muslims protest Muhammad cartoons in London…But how many protest terror?

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by skippytjc
Priorities I guess.

Imagine: Radical Muslim suicide bombers ravage London last year and less than 50 Muslims demonstrated against the attack in the March Against Terror last year. But today non Muslim newspapers run a cartoon depicting Muhammad and London Muslims protest by the hundreds in the streets.

I wonder when they are planning the demonstrations against Osama or Omar Bakri?

[edit on 3-2-2006 by skippytjc]

This is a very good point. The Muslims (whether or not they are a part of the problem or the solution) need to take a firm stance against violance. the "Good" Muslims need to realize that mass riots on protests like these over something so minute are only hurting the image of muslims around the world. Think about how it would be in America if every time some one was offended we just started burning buildings and throwing projectiles at the police.. Muslim take fame to being the "origins of human life" ,or alteast IRAN does, so how about they start acting like the wise and internatioaly productive religion they claim to be?

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 05:36 PM
link   

freedom for sum wrote: Where is the outrage that these extremists are hijacking Islam by misinterpreting its teachings? Where is the puplic display of anger and destruction that this minority of misunderstanders of Islam cause destruction and murder in the name of Islam?!?

i take it that apart from a couple of people (thank you), no one else saw (or chose to see) the posts i made, linking to sites on muslims against terrorism?
So whats the problem?
I suppose it doesnt fit in very well with your "islam is evil and muslims want to kill everyone" theory, does it?

where are our protests?....we are as much a victim of these idiots as you are (i refuse, henceforth to refer to these people as muslims)
i was on a forum a while back where a couple of what i would class as extremists (definition....someone, NOT who has taken islam to its extreme....but who has not been educated themselves and have listened instead to the mullahs and so called scholars).....where was i?....oh yeah....and a couple of people, set up a poll, to determine what should be the fate of people like me....should they kill us....or torture and kill us.

hmmm

now i am strong in my faith, but i'm not stupid. On here, i'm rather anonymous, but if i were to stand up in a mosque and say;
"hey, guys....you're not following islam....you're not following the Quran, the word of God....you're following something entirely different"

well...i think i'd be lucky to get out of there.

but there ARE muslims who are spreading this word through the net, and i posted some of them and its so disappointing that most of you chose to ignore them. Tells me alot about some people here.

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 05:45 PM
link   
WHOFLUNGGUM

You misunderstood the answer I was giving to another member it was about stereotyping and the reason why many link Anybody Arab or muslin to Terrorism and suicided bomber.

BTW I was a teen in the seventies in PR and also attended the UPR so I do remember when it was a lot of violence in PR with the so called nacionalistas.

Yes PR had his own radical group once.

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Beachcoma

I see your point but also I explain that is good taste and bad taste, but now I will add, perhaps what you consider a in bad taste may not be so bad in mine.

Like everything in this world we all hold our opinions depending on what we decided is bad or good.

But beware that one littler offensive for some issue will take away what others hold in perhaps majority dear.

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 06:30 PM
link   
I see the public (and televised) apology from one of those tastelessly dressed as a suicide bomber got little or no exposure here.

Wonder why?

However, a Muslim protester who dressed as a suicide bomber in the demonstrations has apologised "wholeheartedly" to the families of the July 7 bombings.

Omar Khayam's apology came as Scotland Yard announced a special squad had been set up to investigate the placard-wielding extremists.

Mr Khayam, 22, of Bedford, said it was "wrong, unjustified and insensitive" to protest dressed as a suicide bomber.

Speaking outside his home, he said: "I found the pictures deeply offensive as a Muslim and I felt the Danish newspaper had been provocative and controversial, deeply offensive and insensitive.

"Just because we have the right of free speech and a free media, it does not mean we may say and do as we please and not take into account the effect it will have on others.

"But by me dressing the way I did, I did just that, exactly the same as the Danish newspaper, if not worse.

"My method of protest has offended many people, especially the families of the victims of the July bombings. This was not my intention.

"What happened in July was a tragedy and un-Islamic. I do not condone these murderous acts, do not support terrorism or extremism and would like to apologise unreservedly and wholeheartedly to the families of the victims."

www.channel4.com...

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Yeah, I saw that bloke giving his apology out on sky news earlier. To be honest, I didn't post anything because I thought I'd be repeating others here...Obviously not.

BBC News - Man apologises for bomber protest, Monday, 6 February 2006 23:29 GMT

I've got a funny feeling his local community elders might have a part to play in his apology though. I can just see him going home and finding his dad talking to the local community big cheeses about what he'd been doing earlier on that day.

"You pillock Omar, your going to bloody say sorry for doing that whether you like it or not!"

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 07:07 PM
link   

now i am strong in my faith, but i'm not stupid. On here, i'm rather anonymous, but if i were to stand up in a mosque and say;
"hey, guys....you're not following islam....you're not following the Quran, the word of God....you're following something entirely different"

That is very telling....you seem to contradict the very point you were trying to make.
You also mention being anonymous....are you scared of the Rushdie syndrome???

Sad we can not spell out the truth. The Fundamentalist we should be fearful of are Islamic- not Christain.

Spell it out for the feeble of intelligence and comprehension.

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Tyrific. I think what Beachcoma is saying or at least alluding to is that there is a very dangerous minority within the community of Islam that holds the moderate voices hostage with overt, or at the very least covert threats of violence. Fearing for ones safety, or your family's might make one at least somewhat reluctant to buck that threat.

It's easy for us to say they must come forth, and condemn the radicals, quite another for them to do so. The fact that some are speaks well for their courage. Let's give them their due, and hope the others can find that same courage.

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 08:05 PM
link   
kojac, I do not need the replies of various groups to know what is hapening in the World.

Let me spell it out for you shortly, as I am hungry and tired.

Islam and Jesus, i.e. Christians have been at odds since Esau and Jacob. Look this up.

The Koran was written during and after the 8th century. The Bible was written well before.

The prophecies of the Bible are coming true and the prophecies of the Old Testament have come true. Everyone hates Jesus............no one hates Mohamed......why the hate for Jesus in cartoon literature for centuries without censure, and we now have these simple charactures of Mohamend and Death now ensues without retribution...?????

You people are blinded by the world. Look into the Truth.

[edit on 6-2-2006 by Tyriffic]

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Everyone hates Jesus? No one hates Muhammed? No offense intended, but that is a bit scewed don't you think?

Many of my freinds attend church religiously (sorry I just could not resist), they certainly love Jesus. No one hates Muhammed, actually I've read quite a few posts herein that imply quite the opposite. IMO, both have much to offer for those willing to make the effort to discern the lessons in their teachings. But as with anything else in life, those teachings can be twisted beyond all original meaning. Be careful you don't fall into that trap.

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 08:34 PM
link   
I thought Islam was a religion of peace. Wasn't that what those clerics were trying to tell the Westerners? Some pictures of Mohammed were put into cartoons and Muslims all over the Middle East threaten the lives of innocent westerners there and cause complete chaos. This I do not understand. If Islam is a religion that teaches peace, then many "Muslims" are not following that religion.

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Everyone hates Jesus
by tyriffic

What delusions of personal grandeur?!! And you dare call yourself speaking the truth?!! Presumptous and most certainly an obstinate self opinionated deluded individual of paramount decit, if not conceit!

If that is what you claimed, why do people still go to church and celebrate Xmas in the millions? I know, you will claim it is commercialized, a holiday, a social gathering. But if all that is done or driven in hate, then why is not 911 a national holiday or a day millions xhange gifts in goodwill, or millions pray before the unholy site of the twin towers every sunday for divine guidance?

Afterall, that site is certainly a monument of hate, testimonial of love by suicidal maniacs who profess doing a 'divine' duty against the millions of people who believed in a 'false' or hated immortal?

Just look at what you are doing, tyri. You are attempting to spread your beliefs of hate enshrined in what you conceptualized as a truth. This does not help the victims of terrorism nor stop futher acts. You and your kind are only spreading it more with such ill conceived notions based on denial of facts and built upon a foundation of self ignorance.

Each has his/her right to her beliefs. Each has a right to protest if they feel their religion is maligned. Each has a right to their double standards, of which that religion will be judged by society at large.

But to riot, destroy and murder - singular or in a massive scale is beyond and against what religion teaches - to live in civilised ways and not as beasts of the wild!

We have the means and the power of our influence to prove Professor Samuel Huddington wrong and a hoaxer. There is still enough time to prevent 'Clash of Civilisations' from becomming a reality. And it starts with you with the letter 'T' - Tolerance. Failing which others will give you ill for what you denied them.

[edit on 6-2-2006 by SeekerofTruth101]

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Seagull, geek101 and kojac,

I would give you all my vote for WATS for having the patience to post - again and again - the links to the Muslim demonstrations for peace - because some people don't bother to read them.

And the perception that moderate Muslims are doing nothing is so great (again, I partly fault the media - images of peace demonstrations are never as interesting or lucrative as wackos crying out for blood
) that we certainly have our work cut out for us...

But what's the alternative? Terrorists thrive on creating a climate where Westerners get more and more irate at ALL Muslims, and moderate Muslims get more and more frustrated because no matter what they do or how peaceful they are, they get told it's not enough... and a world where *all* Muslims are profiled for their religion is what those extremist clerics wet-dream about...

EDIT - reply adressed to wrong poster

[edit on 6-2-2006 by Otts]

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by geek101
where are our protests?....we are as much a victim of these idiots as you are (i refuse, henceforth to refer to these people as muslims)

You say, basically, that these people are NOT Muslims. But then you refer to them as [those who]...

have listened instead to the mullahs and so called scholars).....

So just to understand you; Mullahs and Islamic Scholars are NOT Muslim?

And of course:

... if i were to stand up in a mosque and say;

These are NOT Muslims your worshipping along side in a mosque? If they're not Muslims, what, exactly are they? Why are they in a mosque? If they were asked if they were Muslims, what would their answer be? I guess all those who practice Wahhabism are NOT Muslims either. So what are the people in Saudi Arabia?

It seems to me that if you were truly a Muslim with strong convictions, you would NOT let the "idiots" in your mosque continue to "victimize" you without having something to say about it yourself. You say you'd be "lucky to get out of there?" Why do you continue to go there to worship if it's not safe to practice your more moderate and peaceful form of Islam?

but there ARE muslims who are spreading this word through the net,

It seems to me that your mosque is the best place to "spread your word". You already have a captive audience as everyone is Muslim. On the net (such as here) you're mostly dealing with non-Muslims and people who are more concerned with ACTIONS than they are with feel good phrases such as "religion of peace" etc.

[edit on 6-2-2006 by Freedom_for_sum]

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 09:00 PM
link   
I do not see thousands of moderate Muslims rallying in the streets for peace.

None of the so called moderates if there are any are getting together on mass to say to the world , hey we want peace.

Instead we have "Your 9/11 is coming".

The world needs to wake up.

This cartoon fiasco has brought to light the primal nature of those who hate, the weak who cannot control them selves, the fearful who must act out, the mob who are a bunch of asshats.

This is not the middle ages, if you don't like what someone says or depicts you don't burn down their house.

If this is what being Muslim is, then we should deport every freekin one to Iran where they can have their shiara, stone their women and chop each others heads off.

I am not shown any other path for these people, where is the face of moderate muslims? There is none because they all without wanting to admit it believe in the darker aspects of their religion.

I am sick of them.

More so I am sick of them because the good are not standing up against those that are evil. Simple as that.

Freeking weak.

Most of the links provided were individual statements, people like Shaykh Muhammad Afifi al-Akiti are in the minority and that is why we find ourselves having these discussions.

[edit on 6-2-2006 by Grimholt]

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Seekerof Truth101. Well said. Even though I find my tolerence stretched to the limit by fanatics of all creeds, I do agree with your thoughts.

Otts. Thanks for the kind words, but others such as Beachcoma, and geek101 deserve more praise, since they are the ones bucking the loud, and obviously dangerous fanatics in their midst. But thanks anyway.

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by kojac
Here's how many....

Kojac;

I read your first few links and find a troubling pattern: All those Islamic organizations issued press releases for “immediate release” on Sept 11, 2001; yet NONE of the mainstream media outlets carried any of these releases; THEN OR NOW. All those links are either to blogs or islamic web sites. What’s even more suspicious: They all proclaim that this was an UN-ISLAMIC act yet, on that day, NOBODY official was saying anything about who committed those acts because it was too soon to tell. In fact, just the opposite was true.

In a radio interview after 9/11 MPAC executive director Salam Marayati said that Israel was behind the attacks:

I. Responding to the Sept.11 Attacks:
“Israel Should Be the Main Suspect in the World Trade Center Attack”: Speaking on the Los Angeles radio station KCRW a few hours after the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks, Salam al-Marayati said: “If we’re going to look at suspects we should look to the groups that benefit the most from these kinds of incidents, and I think we should put the state of Israel on the suspect list because I think this diverts attention from what’s happening in the Palestinian territories so that they can go on with their aggression and occupation and apartheid policies.” (New York Times, Oct. 22, 2001)

There were other problems about your references as well that I simply don't have the time to get into now. In general, once I find a blatant error (such as I did in your first link) I disregard the rest of the information as it is likely just as erronious.

You seemingly have been bamboozled by some Muslim organizations who apparently are trying to save face by issuing retroactive false statements.

Originally posted by kojac
Want more?

Yes I do!! Please provide links to mainstream news sources (Fox; MSNBC; BBC; CNN; Hell, I'll even accept Al-Jazeera) showing those very same "press releases" from the same Muslim organizations.

What I saw on the news were Muslims dancing in the streets; both here AND abroad!

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 09:50 PM
link   

i take it that apart from a couple of people (thank you), no one else saw (or chose to see) the posts i made, linking to sites on muslims against terrorism?
So whats the problem?
I suppose it doesnt fit in very well with your "islam is evil and muslims want to kill everyone" theory, does it?

Geek101;

Please lead me to the links you made to sites on Muslims against terrorism--I didn't see them. I would like the opportunity to read them and comment. (This thread is quite long and I don't have the time to page through looking for your posts).

Thank you.

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Freedom for some...here you go..

www.freemuslims.org...

and

www.murdoconline.net...

and

www.perfect.co.uk...

and

www.npr.org...

and

www.organiser.org...

and my favourite...

gatewaypundit.blogspot.com...

These should all be a little more recent for you...

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join