It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The end of Islam?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Are we in the process of witnessing the end of Islam?
Now that the United States and Allies have occupied Iraq and Afghanistan and maybe soon Iran bringing modern ideals and democracy to the region,
it seems that when the people really see what western freedom and culture bring, the respect of the Ayatollahs and mullahs will drastically change.
I was watching Sky news the other day and noticed how "Americanised "the Iraqi troops that have joined up with the U.S marines had become they were really enjoying playing video games and smoking cigars with the marines.
All I am saying is that when an Iraqi teenage kid discovers rock music and maybe in time buy cds,skateboards and wear what they want and do what they want the clerics and so on will have no more control over them and I think thats what really scaring the Middle East at the moment.

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 11:30 AM
link   
No its not the end of Islam. Islam is one of the fastest growing religion in the world. And even if many Muslims were "Americanized" they would still believe in Islam. Its just like Muslim Americans here at home.

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alien DNA
All I am saying is that when an Iraqi teenage kid discovers rock music and maybe in time buy cds,skateboards and wear what they want and do what they want the clerics and so on will have no more control over them and I think thats what really scaring the Middle East at the moment.

I'm pretty sure that Iraqi teenagers know what rock music, cd's, and skateboards are. And I am also pretty sure that they wear what they want. Come to think of it, Iraqi has it's own rock bands.

And by the way, Islam is the fastest growing religion in the world and it is not just centered in the Middle East. Ending Islam would mean taking over Malaysia and plenty of other regions of the world.

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Also, Iran had a democratically elected president before. That is, until the US and British decided they didn't like him, so they installed a monarchy instead.

Operation Ajax

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 12:09 PM
link   
At the end of the day all religion is about "control" be it Christian or Muslim or any other, they were invented as a Law and order system before we had policemen.
I mean everyone should have the freedom to do whatever they desire as long as its lawful.

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Yeah, I agree all religion is about "control" be it Christian or Muslim or any other,but Cristian religion has an evolution in time .

I

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 01:29 PM
link   
acually, religion has the same motives (control) it just changed the way it goes about it. it no longer killing those who dont beleive but something essentially the same yet more subtle

instead relgion is saying that hey, if you dont want to beleive thats fine, freedom of religion and everything, but if you dont beleive you will burn in eternal hellfire.

so the motive of control is still there just those mean old civil rights activists stop them from drowning and burning people so they had to do it some other way.

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by daedalas
acually, religion has the same motives (control) it just changed the way it goes about it. it no longer killing those who dont beleive but something essentially the same yet more subtle

instead relgion is saying that hey, if you dont want to beleive thats fine, freedom of religion and everything, but if you dont beleive you will burn in eternal hellfire.

so the motive of control is still there just those mean old civil rights activists stop them from drowning and burning people so they had to do it some other way.

I don't know they still stone people in the Middle East (not a pretty sight) and chop your hands off, they haven't got much of a human rights record.

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 10:47 AM
link   
There are two rival groups in the muslim religion.

There are the 5% islamisists who want to create a kalifet that would contain all muslims under a khalif. A united muslim world that could stand up to Israel and the West.

Then there is the 95% of muslims that just want to live, work, and raise their kids.

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy
No its not the end of Islam. Islam is one of the fastest growing religion in the world. And even if many Muslims were "Americanized" they would still believe in Islam. Its just like Muslim Americans here at home.

The fastest growing religion on earth thats just some propaganda.

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 05:50 AM
link   
errr not really. It is the fastest growing major religion. I think that will continue. Mainly because it is something special. If you read the Qu'ran you would understand why. Translations however arent always correct. Translators tend to use the easier words.

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 06:23 AM
link   
I don't think the Quran is the reason for the growth of this religion, it's much more simple than that.

Their growth is based more on the simple fact that they are procreating at a rate almost everyone else has rejected. If you look at the projections of the growth of Islam simply through population growth, that pretty much explains it.

Islam and the radicals it is spawning will not end via man's hand (my personal opinion) but only through an act of God at this point.

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 06:27 AM
link   
Well let's say that Iran doesn't drop it's nuclear program for example and let's say Israel decides to nuke Iran before Iran nukes them that's gonna cut the population down quite a bit don't you think?

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 06:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alien DNA
Are we in the process of witnessing the end of Islam?
Now that the United States and Allies have occupied Iraq and Afghanistan and maybe soon Iran bringing modern ideals and democracy to the region,
it seems that when the people really see what western freedom and culture bring, the respect of the Ayatollahs and mullahs will drastically change.

Yes, but not for the reasons you give. I think Bush will attack Iran soon, triggering the Gog-Magog war that sets the stage for the Antichrist. We will probably see the nuking of Iran, Syria, and most importantly, as the conflict spreads outwards to other nations, Mecca and Medina. The destruction of Islam's holiest cities combined with so many national capitals will demoralize them enough to be willingly to partake in the One World Religion.

[edit on 5-2-2006 by Paul of Nisbis]

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Paul of Nisbis
The destruction of Islam's holiest cities combined with so many national capitals will demoralize them enough to be willingly to partake in the One World Religion.

Demoralize them? Have you seen what they did over a few derogatory cartoons? I think not. I'd hate to see what would really happen if anyone does that.

By the way, aren't the instigators of "that" war suppossed to come from the north? I believe an area was identified in another thread that now is part of the Russian Federation. What makes you so sure it is the US that will start this process? (With all due respect though, the way some of them are behaving, I guess that question doesn't need to be answered
)

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Relentless

Demoralize them? Have you seen what they did over a few derogatory cartoons? I think not. I'd hate to see what would really happen if anyone does that.

Can Islam exist without Mecca? I would think it make them question the power and existence of Allah.

Originally posted by Relentless
By the way, aren't the instigators of "that" war suppossed to come from the north? I believe an area was identified in another thread that now is part of the Russian Federation. What makes you so sure it is the US that will start this process? (With all due respect though, the way some of them are behaving, I guess that question doesn't need to be answered
)

Bush's father's name within Skull and Bones is Magog. George W. Bush's name is/was "Temporary," but he could still adopt Gog to fulfill the prophecy. Theoretically at least.

Revelation 20:

"And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea."

[edit on 5-2-2006 by Paul of Nisbis]

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Paul of Nisbis
to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea."

Wow, I hate to point it out but this part alone makes me think more of the Muslims than the Bush and whatever they got behind them.

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jamuhn
Also, Iran had a democratically elected president before. That is, until the US and British decided they didn't like him, so they installed a monarchy instead.

Hitler was also democratically elected and still the world had to "remove" him.

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 07:38 AM
link   
How can it be the end? What would happen to duality? What would replace it?

Have you noticed the crusades started many years ago and never left?

duality feeds the current earth vibes, but many people, yes people within Christianity & Islam, are waking up to the ultimate truth which leads to peace without killing.

The mystics of each tradition hold a candle to that truth (as well as an explanation to ruling in the duality factor)

Gods peace

dalen

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Hitler was also democratically elected and still the world had to "remove" him.

That president did none of the things Hitler did. It was just in the US interests to have a puppet state there.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join