It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I just got robbed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Hi all. I never thought I'd be making a post like this but here goes. About a half hour ago I was out on an evening walk about to come home and before I know it I'm staring down the business of a gun. The guy patted me down and took my wallet and house keys. I just filed my report with the police. I can't believe how calm I am I mean its like it didn't really happen. I was more shocked than anything. It sucks the guy got away with $20. But at least he didn't shoot me.

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Change the locks fast.

Our house got robbed. I walked in and the guy was still in the house. I saw the big mess in the living room, and my brain made up excuses for why it was like that. Ones that had nothing to with being robbed. It didn't even cross my mind until my mother said "Oh my god we've been robbed." It's amazing how your brain disassociates from the event.

Glad to hear you're ok though!

[edit on 2/3/2006 by Zaphod58]

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Yeah we've got the maintenance man here now. Changing the locks. It happened so fast still can't quite believe it. I think I'm going to have a drink:w:

[edit on 3-2-2006 by danwild6]

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 04:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by danwild6
Yeah we've got the maintenance man here now. Changing the locks. It happened so fast still can't quite believe it. I think I'm going to have a drink:w:

[edit on 3-2-2006 by danwild6]

dan here's 5 on me
u poor thing! I am glad to read you're ok, I can't imagine going through it.

I am guessing you're calm because you're still in shock. Funny way shock can effect people. I had a car accident not long ago and managed to drive the car down the bridge (it's illegal to stop there if U canmanage to get off) and take care of all insurance matters etc... go to work and THEN have it hit me lol I just broke down too smh

But I am glad you're ok
$20 is little U have lost in exchange for your life

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 05:37 AM
link   
Bloody hell. I hope they fins the guy that robbed you. I would put up some cheap CCTV cameras near your doors, never know, if he comes to rob your house, you may well get a good lokk at his face.

Glad your all right.

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 06:04 AM
link   
Man its good to hear that your ok, just make shure this doesn't affect you too much. Keep your head up and dont let it stop you from going outside, otherwise they have won.

Or go and get yoursels a little mp5 and go postal, good stress buster.

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 06:12 AM
link   
danwild6, OMG! have a big drink. But dont get razzled...... it would cause you to get all emotional and what-not.

You likely not emotional because your in shock.
Just be very careful and have someone stay with you for a few nights!

danwild6, if you ever want to chat u2u me. okay!

oni x x

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Hi everybody, thanks for all of your concern and well wishes. I just got up and I slept as well as I ever have. Now since I guess I'm a none person since that bastard took all of my ID.
I've got to deal with the DMV(which isn't actually so bad now adays) and the damn Social Security Administration which will be a pain.

top topics

join