It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lucid Dreams... care to share any tips?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 01:41 PM
link   
I experienced my first lucid dream last night but i found it hard to contol what happened....the most i was able to do was make an object appear and that took alot of focus. I was in a normal dream and i went thro this door and came out into this real world and i immedatly new i was in a lucid dream, not like a prevoius dream in which i was at school and the fact that it was the holidays i thought this must be a dream. Is there any way to make the lucid dreams longer? And is there any better ways to control the dreams.

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 04:22 PM
link   
I think the most important thing to remember when a dream becomes lucid is to KNOW that you are in control, not just be aware that it is possible. You must believe that you can do anything you want and you will be able to. However I feel this concept will only become obvious with experience gained through the more lucid dreams you have.

As far as making them last longer, I'm not really sure, as I have no control over this either. I imagine it has a lot to do with your control over your state of mind and perhaps practising meditation may help to have more control over what state of mind you choose to be in.

Hope this helps.

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 04:26 PM
link   
I have had the privledge of having 2-3 lucid dreams in my life time. Once, I believe I may have had a brief OBE. This was when I was much younger however, and they appear to have subsided. I'd love to have another.

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 06:41 PM
link   
When you expirience lucid dream the first you got to stay calm, then some people suggest rubbing your hands, or touching the objects or ground in your dream, it can make it more solid.
When it happen to you once it is easier to have it more. Just remember to do more reality checks during your dream.
One good reality check is holding your nose with fingers closed and try to breathe, if you can it is a dream.

I personally do dream and have multiple lucid dreams, so ask if anything more you want to know, i will try to answer it.

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 05:56 AM
link   
1. Keep looking at the ground
2. Concentrate on objects
3. Spinning around or falling to the ground (when dream starts fading)
4. Concentrate on hands and rub together

I usualy just try and stay calm and go with the flow then when it starts fading away I try concentrating on objects to try and stay lucid.. works for me.

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 12:51 PM
link   
The best advice i can give is this.

The worlds in our dreams and the world we live in are very connected.
There are many factors that effect our pyschee.

The more you focus on figuring out what life means and your own purpose.
the more it will be revealed to you.We can do much or we can do little.

It can be cultivated too the more knowledge and searching for answers in different feilds of the mind heart and soul.The more open your mind becomes.Try not to hold to information as being solid.

The more I search
The more I find
A certain place within my mind

Am I here or am I gone
Have I even been here all along.

Remember this.Predict that
at any moment i can go back

But forward now I want to see.
I search for it now within my dreams

Scarecrow....

[edit on 26-1-2006 by toraylin]

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 01:00 PM
link   
I didnt have a lucid dream last night how often do they occur? And what makes you go lucid?

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Not so long ago I also had my first "real" lucid dream, I've had like semi-lucid dreams before, where I knew that I was dreaming and I could manipulate my environement and make things appear out of nothing, but it only lasted for a very short time. But recently, I had one where I was running around in my dream and I was very counscious. However I also had a very hard time keeping my dream under control:
I tried flying, but it didn't go very well, it wasn't really flying, it was more like I was being tossed into the air like a ragdoll, and then I fell back down on the ground.

I also tried to make a beatifull girl appear in front of me, but it didn't work

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Go to bed around 10pm, wake up at 4-5am eat some chocolate and go back to sleep.

It's almost everytime a LD for me...

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 01:31 PM
link   
I have lucid dreams where I know I'm dreaming and I actually say to myself "I'm going to wake up in 5........4.........3........2.........and I wake up. I don't ever recall being able to manipulate things around me in my dream, but I am conciously aware that I'm dreaming and can wake myself up.

It's a really weird feeling.

Peace

[edit on 26-1-2006 by Dr Love]

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 01:50 PM
link   
I've had a few LDs. To the person who said about flying and it was like being tossed into the air, try arching your back more. That seams to work for me. Also, try to stay as far up as possible, it seams that the mind wants to take over and make you fall to the ground more when your close to it. I have flown over the ground before, a couple of feet off, but like you said for some reason you keep touching the ground (I say touching instead of falling because it's more like that) and I have to push off with my hands. Hope that helps.

How I realize I'm dreaming is when I think I'm dreaming, I say ok if I'm dreaming then I'm going to sink into the ground, floor or whatever. That usually solidifies it for me. I'm no pro at it but just giving a few suggestions.

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Griff
Also, try to stay as far up as possible, it seams that the mind wants to take over and make you fall to the ground more when your close to it.

Amazing.. this definately applies to me too, when I fly I always seem to get pulled down by some sort of force (gravity?) and have to keep flying back up again. But if I fly really high then I can usualy stay wherever I want and drift along.

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 06:58 PM
link   
I taught myself how to instigate and maintain lucid dreams some time ago and seem to be able to experience them with a high level of consistency. When it comes to maintaining lucid dreams, practice makes perfect. On the other hand, when it comes to actually exerting control over your dreams, I have found that confidence is the most critical factor.

You might want to check out my previous thread on this issue, entitled Lucid Dreaming for Dummies which was created as a definitive "how-to" guide for lucid dreaming. It covers aspects such as how to initiate lucid dreams using a variety of techniques, the importance of visualisation, how to take control of your dreams, as well as a few quirks I have noted about the lucid dreaming experience. If anybody wants to add to it, please do so.

Good luck.

posted on May, 2 2006 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Well, I had almost hundred LDs last year and cool site to read on this is lucidity.com and ld4all.com
Most importnat key is to sleep well and have regular sleeping schedule, whtever it is, just to be persistent, and keeping dream diary is important, anything you know more about your dreams will increase your chances to become lucid.

Sometimes reasonable amounts of alcohol help, but don't listen to me on this one

posted on May, 2 2006 @ 02:00 AM
link   
I've had two lucid dreams before which were incredible. The first time happend because I was falling from a great height (in my dream) and at the point whereby you would usually wake up before hitting the ground in fright, I lost fear. Once I realised that I'd sunk into the ground and was intact, it dawned on me that I was dreaming. I was fully aware being asleep and of my mind being separate from my body. I was studying stones in detail and the landscape around me with amazment, wondering how my mind could create such things. I hav'nt had one since though due to a lack of dicipline in studying techniques. I've heard a good way to get a lucid dream is to regularly ask yourself throughout the day "is this a dream?" and then pinch yourself or do something to make you realise you're not. This may sound silly/weird but the idea is that your mind will keep this repetetive process going hopefully into your dream state. Once in your dreamstate you will then realise when you ask yourself "is this a dream?" that you are.

[edit on 2-5-2006 by Xeros]

new topics

top topics

join