It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proof of true purpose of chemtrails?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 11:36 AM
link   
news.yahoo.com...

"Baffled Scientists Say Less Sunlight Reaching Earth "

On any given day, about half of Earth is covered by clouds, which reflect more sunlight than land and water. Clouds keep Earth cool by reflecting sunlight, but they can also serve as blankets to trap warmth.

High thin clouds are better blankets, while low thick clouds make better coolers.

Separately, satellite data recently showed that while the difference between high and low clouds had long been steady at 7-8 percent, in the past five years, for some unknown reason, the difference has jumped to 13 percent. High, warming clouds have increased while low clouds have decreased.

Research shows condensation trails, or contrails from jet airplanes, fuel more high-altitude clouds.

Up untill today I have never believed that chemtrails were anything other than moisture from jet exhaust. Now I am not so sure.

PS: This is the first time I have posted a news article from an outside source. My apologies if the quotations and such are not done properly.

[edit on 25-1-2006 by craig732]

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 12:02 PM
link   
First you have to prove that chemtrails actually exist. Something that has never been done since it is a hoax.

The relationship of contrails to climate is one that is being studied by many scientists around the world.

This is just one site in the U.S.

www-pm.larc.nasa.gov...

There are other researchers all over the earth.

www.atm.ch.cam.ac.uk...

www.chubu.ac.jp...

www.accent-network.org...

Oh, and BYW, look at the growth of commercial aviation over the past 15 years:

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Oh, and you have to remember that high altitude cirrus clouds tend to trap heat inward.

Contrails tend to form at the same altitudes cirrus clouds do.

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 12:27 PM
link   
I see them do all sorts of things with the clouds in my town. I don't doubt it's related to this.

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Nice to see you here on my thread, bigpappadiaz. You may remember that I weighed in on your thread, "Sweet EM pics of clouds", a few days ago. When I asked you when you were going to answer the questions people posed to you about your post you responded with an insult. As a fence-sitter on the chemtrail/vapor trail issue, I would appreciate hearing the answers to the questions posed on your thread; perhaps you can sway me to your point of view with intelligent comment on this issue. However, I assure you I will have a very hard time seeing things your way if you respond with insults.

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 12:41 PM
link   
I sort of remember reading, possibly here, that the chemtrails were the government's way of reversing the global warming. I'm sorry I can't offer more right now... have to get back to work.

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Chemtrails are a hoax? I can verify that is completely false. I see them in the skies around my house all the time. I am convinced it is not for conventional purposes.

If it was, why isnt the government telling us what its for? I called my local military base once, and asked them what are these long streaks we see in the sky?

The guy said, and I quote, ''I really couldn't tell you. I'm not allowed to know myself....''

So, that is VERY suspicious........

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by LetKnowledgeDrop
Chemtrails are a hoax? I can verify that is completely false. I see them in the skies around my house all the time. I am convinced it is not for conventional purposes.

Oh, please do. We have numerous threads here discussing the validity of the chemtrail claim. Jump right in anyone of them.

I called my local military base once, and asked them what are these long streaks we see in the sky?

The guy said, and I quote, ''I really couldn't tell you. I'm not allowed to know myself....''

So, that is VERY suspicious........

Did he try to sell you a left handed monkey wrench also?

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 09:34 AM
link   

I called my local military base once, and asked them what are these long streaks we see in the sky?

Can you please make the same call again and tape record it, including the DTMF tones at the beginning of the call so we have proof of what number you dialed? Then post the call as a .wav file on myspace.com (or some other public website) and link it here so we can all here this? Thank you.

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by mecheng
I sort of remember reading, possibly here, that the chemtrails were the government's way of reversing the global warming. I'm sorry I can't offer more right now... have to get back to work.

As Howard has already mentioned, high altitude clouds - inlcuding contrails and the cirrus into which they sometimes develop (and which people mistake for 'chemtrails') actually reflect heat back to earth, just adding to the greenhouse effect.

In other worlds, if so-called chemtrails have anything to do with climate control, then their purpose is to make global warming worse.....

Of course, in reality what is happening is that more and more people are flying more and more frequently; more aircraft and more flights = more contrails and more global warming......

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Howard,
Mythbusters is looking for new talent for next season. They don't use the deny, diffuse and disparrage technique so you may well have have to learn new methods.

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Well, I’ve tried posting polite explanations of the science behind persistent contrails, but unfortunately it seems that most of the people who have decided to believe in chemtrails have done so because it fits in with their world view, rather then because there is any credible evidence that they exist.

I also don’t believe that LetKnowledgeDrop ever called anyone about this. Someone who is too lazy to learn about the basics of simple meteorology and who is paranoid enough to believe in chemtrails would never call an air base to ask about them.

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Yeah, that's amazing. Low-lying clouds reflect light away and higher clouds reflect light back towards us... some scientists are so damn stupid, or maybe they know better and think everybody is as simple-minded as HowardRoark and Essan. Like a higher-elevation cloud reflects any less light and is any less white than a lower-lying ones. Remember, the sun gives off much more electrical energy than light, and much more in other forms as well. But I'm sure you think light is the only one that has any effect on earth's warming, right? Or clouds only have an effect on light energy, everything else just kinda does it's own thing.

We have a magnetic field, magnetic fields are caused by electrical currents, Nikolai Tarasovre pumped EM waves into the earth and got tremors back that were millions of times more powerful than the smal amount of energy he used, so that energy had to have come from somewhere within the earth...so hmmm... Maybe the Universe is electric... Here's where I'll let you use your imagination Howard, Essan.

Maybe the higher-elevation clouds are the result of a warmer earth, and not the other way around? It's easier to blame the heat on the clouds though, since it's just that easy, and blaming the clouds on the heat still requires you find a source for the heat or divulge it. And screw all that.

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 12:08 PM
link   
I frankly dont care what the hell you ''believe'' ...I made the call and got that response. Nothing you can say will convince me otherwise.

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 12:20 PM
link   
have you found that left handed monkey wrench yet?

Once again, I don't believe you called anyone.

In any event, have you ever tried to research the physics of cloud formation?

Do you know what ice supersaturated regions are?

What are the prinicple products of the combution of jet fuel?

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 02:28 PM
link   
howard, defender of the truth of the chemtrail hoax. not a single chemtrail believer will be free from the wholesome truth that is howard, defender of simple contrails.

chemtrails are real, howard, otherwise you wouldn't talk about them so much.
what does it say about someone who spends a great deal of his time in an insane asylum telling all the patients that they're crazy?

why don't you believe someone would pick up a phone and use it? is that more work than opening a book and understanding it's contents? 'cause, to me, it seems that making a five minute phone call is easier, if indeed, our 'alleged' caller is a lazy as you imply.

p.s. nobody's denying that clouds exist, howard.

[edit on 26-1-2006 by billybob]

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Well Letknowledgedrop, for what it's worth I don't believe you are either lazy or paranoid.

However, I do believe that those who attack others opinions by describing them as lazy, paranoid, stupid, crazy, mental, uneducated and all the related etc,'s, reek to high heaven of being a disinfo. agent.

Many years ago I questioned regular headaches people were getting on streetsweeper days. The discussion spread around family and friends ( a couple of allergy sufferers became dangerously ill) and next thing I know it's in the news.
What was funny was that in trying to reasure the public there was nothing to worry about, they offered the truth of what was being done (weeding the gutters with a trickle of 'Roundup' from the back of the truck) and claimed they had thought about doing it but didn't, but untill then no one had even guessed at this possibility.
What wasn't funny was the councilor in charge comming to my door (who made me the source of this family discussion going public, is a mystery I can only guess at) and threatening me to stop talking about it because he could 'prove' there was no weed killer in the trucks, This was of course AFTER all the trucks had been replaced with brand new ones.

What I'm getting at with this story is that just, simply, questioning things, can put the breaks on a train that hasn't quite run away yet and though you may never know you've stopped or hampered a conspiracy because you never knew one existed, asking questions is sometimes the only weapon we have and sometimes that weapon can be very effective.
Claiming someone didn't ask a question, because, you have declared them lazy and paranoid, just pongs of typical disinfo. agent, disrespect spreading for the questioners.

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 06:29 PM
link   

I frankly dont care what the hell you ''believe'' ...I made the call and got that response. Nothing you can say will convince me otherwise.

Is it possible to make the call again and record it, as I asked erlier? Or at least post the name of the base and the phone number? Evidence such as that which I am requesting goes a LONG way to convince a fence-sitter like me; name calling and insults, as some people have posted here, turns us fence-sitters to the opposing view.

[edit on 27-1-2006 by craig732]

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by craig732
news.yahoo.com...

"Baffled Scientists Say Less Sunlight Reaching Earth "

The scientists may be baffled, but so am I. How exactly does this support the chemtrails conspiricy theory? The article mentions contrails.

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 07:49 PM
link   
if you haven't noticed, they look just like contrails at first. and then they get a 'brushed out' appearence. i've seen these from an airplane, and they we're as thin as paper. not at all like the robust looking contrails that we've seen some excellent pictures of, courtesy of howard, usually.
then, they begin to 'fill in', turning into, sometimes, normal looking high altitude clouds. and sometimes, when the weather's 'just wrong', the spraying looks like a toxic dump, from all the 'sun-dogs', and 'chemicals' refractory properties'(think oil rainbow in puddle), yellow, misty, polluted, gross.

either way, 'they' will turn a blue sky gray in about three to four hours.

i imagine something like that would affect any number of things, from weather to communications capabilities via haarp, and whatnot.
pure, 'visual obscuration' could be the motive. hiding covert movements from sattelite observation, ya know?
man, i gotta get me one of them ionospheric heaters!

maybe it's for mind control.

yes, master.

[edit on 27-1-2006 by billybob]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join