It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Popping joints is great!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 08:03 PM
link   
I've popped everything I can for almost 25 years now. Hands and toes mostly. Knuckles are a little larger than norm. And grip strength has weakened. But that doesn't stop me. In fact I find popping my back during climax is so relaxing. And popping your toes afterward gives an awesome burning sensation. I mostly use it as a way to relax and feel loose. So far no side effects. Popper from 1981-2006. Still going strong! Though I don't think I could stop now, it's addictive. Gives an euphoric feeling when you've cracked just about everything you can and just fall asleep.

[edit on 24-1-2006 by marsflyboy]

posted on Feb, 27 2006 @ 01:49 PM
link   
While I'm not sure if this is a Folk Tale or Urban Legend, I am sure that the inclusion of "during climax" into your description was a little unneccesary.

On a side-note, I'm a popper since 1995. Every couple of hours I do my neck, upper back, elbows, wrists, fingers (all joints), lower back, knees, ankles, and toes.

posted on Feb, 28 2006 @ 04:49 AM
link   

In fact I find popping my back during climax is so relaxing

LOL to much information there dude, though, I might try it.

I used to crack my nuckles TONS, although I have stopped now. I saw myself on film and it looked incredibly stupid walking around cracking my knucklies 24/7.

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 02:57 AM
link   
Ive actually been a long time popper. Ive actually noticed pain in my neck when I pop it now. IM not sure if this is from popping it directly, but I deffinetley dont do it as much as I used. Maybe the old wives tale is true! :shk:

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 06:52 PM
link   
I ocasionally pop my fingers and toes, but my family keeps telling me that I'll regret it when I'm older.

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Been poppin' joints since 10 years old (six years), haven't stopped since cause its so addictive. Anyways, I don't see any side from it.

[edit on 25-7-2006 by Striker122]

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Striker122
Been poppin' joints since 10 years old (six years), haven't stopped since cause its so addictive. Anyways, I don't see any side from it.

Oh Striker how many times do we have to say 'Don't do drugs'? And since you were ten? Society has failed us. :shk:

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Scyman
Ive actually been a long time popper. Ive actually noticed pain in my neck when I pop it now. IM not sure if this is from popping it directly, but I deffinetley dont do it as much as I used. Maybe the old wives tale is true! :shk:

Actually, I think it's the other way around.

If you are likely to have arthritis, you have more capacity to pop them. Arthritis runs in my family, along with double jointedness. Mum doesn't have arthritis, but she won't/can't pop her joints. Dad&kids all pop their thumbs out of place. My hips pop out of place, sometimes my feet (around the arch) pop out (NOT fun). Baby bro is part contortionist. Popping the joints is the only thing that allows us to move our various parts, as we do mostly manual labor.

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 10:41 AM
link   
The best crack you can get is to have someone (not too heavy) walk on your back. I get my wife to do this evey now and then. Trust me, you'll feel great afterwords. It's a really good relaxer. I'm dont' know if it will cause me to be parylized in the future, but it feels really good at the time.

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 10:48 AM
link   
'Popping Joints', getting the 'best crack'. What happened to the T&C? I mean what kind of a world do we live in when people are making drug references this openly?

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 06:09 PM
link   
i crack everything. my neck,toes,fingers, wrists( very loudly), elbows, ankles, knees, hips, shoulders,and back. my body gets real stiff, i have fibromyalgia and arthritis, probably doesnt help it any, but man it feels good after a good popping!!

POP ON!!!!

im out
-mindtrip02

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 07:57 AM
link   
I crack my knuckles all the time. Of course, my knuckles are the at least twice the size they're supposed to be, but I see that as an advantage. I can also crack my neck VERY loudly. As a result I can turn my head about 187 degrees around, but only to the left.

I can pop my thumb out of place every now and then, and I also do some other pretty freaky things(Not joint related).

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 10:06 PM
link   
I used to pop my knuckles,too but I stopped after I got such big knuckles, it looked weird on someone like me. My brother can pop his neck and shoulders, but it sounds sickening.

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 12:57 PM
link   
i pop my toes my fingers my knuckles my back in wierd ways i think my shoulder blades and i can pop my sholder on the left side at will but when i pop my right side i get very bad pain, the best way to pop ur back is to be back to back with somone hook elbows then have the other person bend over, my whole back pops everytime

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 01:09 PM
link   
so much drug inuendo
so little time

posted on Oct, 20 2006 @ 08:54 PM
link   
guess what? there is scientific proof its actually good for you it realeases gas and that is what makes the popping sound its the same type of gas that builds up when you work out so its healthy to pop parts of you body i can pop my big toe on my right foot 322 times before it starts hurting so HA!!!

-the king

posted on Nov, 28 2006 @ 06:35 PM
link   
I have never known anyone who popped there joints excessively that didn't wind up with arthiritis somewhere. My brother used to pop his knuckles all of the time. He has arthiritis so bad now,he can barely use his hands.

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 03:05 AM
link   
I do it somewhat with my fingers and such. Popping my back has been the only thing to calm the pain naturally besides a deep massage.

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 08:16 PM
link   
I crack my knuckles, my wrists, some of my toes, my neck, and my back when I can. As to risking arthritis -- well, I'll get it anyway. My grandmother does, and so does my father, so I figure I might as well have fun while I can. I've been told, though, that the more you do it, the more you have to do it. Something with ligaments...

And do any other poppers notice that some pops are more satisfying than others? I love popping my middle fingers; it's so relaxing. Popping my back also feels great because it always seems to be stiff.

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 04:13 PM
link   
this thread kinda gave me the willies.. excessive popping of the joints kinda grosses me out even though i'm guilty of popping the knuckles on my hands every once in a while

top topics

<<   2 >>

join