It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Popping joints is great!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 10:23 PM
link   
I can crack my kneck sideways to where it sounds like your snapping a giant celery stalk. The best joke is to trick someone into massaging your neck or grabbing you... anything, then poppin it out and falling limp on the floor.

No offense...

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 11:25 PM
link   
^ LOL. I laughed!

But uh.. yeah the OP gave us a little too much information, methinks?

Anyway, I'm a popper since .. hm.. 1998. I don't really know if my grip strength has really decreased, but it was never strong anyway. I play the pop game with my friends in class. We pop our joints one after another until one person can't pop anymore and they're out. Ahhaa. Fun stuff.

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 05:19 AM
link   
my elbows and knuckles started to pop accidentally when i started to box...

for the past 20 years i pop my fingers, wrists, elbows/knees(favorites), ankles, and toes...

my fingers HURT if i don't crack them every so often.

i'm double jointed in my fingers if that matters

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 02:30 PM
link   
I'm an active tennis player and now my finger joints (esp. in my right hand) pop more and I can hear the joints moving every time I move them forcefully.

Hopefully I won't develop any joint problems when I become an adult, because I'm not giving up tennis in no time soon (maybe never - until I die).

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 11:45 PM
link   
When I stretch, my ribs pop, dunno if it's a bad thing. Something to do with teh cartilage. I'm been popping since... as long as I can remember, I'm pretty limber for someone my size.

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 11:19 AM
link   
I crack my joints every few minutes or so! It makes them more flexable, and releifs a pressure that builds up unless I creack them.

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Lol all you poppers.
I used to crack my knuckles but they started hurting after a while so I stopped.
Does anyone know what's actually happening when you crack joints?

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 02:26 PM
link   
I only Pop, Lock and Drop or start with straight shots then pop bottles.

[edit on 21-1-2008 by Roland Deschain]

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by PeaceUk
Lol all you poppers.
I used to crack my knuckles but they started hurting after a while so I stopped.
Does anyone know what's actually happening when you crack joints?

i cant remember where, but i seen an article/tv show about popping knuckles.

they done grip tests, and found those who pop actually had MORE grip strenth and stamina in their hands than those who did not.

they said when you pop you release pressure from in the joint and thats why it usually feels releiving to do it when stiff /sore.

i do my lower back every night when i go to bed, it really does relax it a lot.
my wife gets a stiff neck and tilts her ear towards her shoulder.. CRACK! sounds like someone broke a chickens neck.. the sound of her neck cracking makes me cringe

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 02:41 AM
link   
If it was true that popping your joints, kneck, and back caused arthritis then chiropracters would be out of business.

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Well I can bend my finger up to just over a 90 degree angle to the top of my hand. Something I'm surprised many people can't.

If I go without popping them for a few hours, especially whilst writing or something, i can only bend them about 3/4 as far. I find it neccesary, he sometimes just opening and closing my hand with cause my finger to pop.

Same with toes, they even sometimes start to hurt.

Neck becomes stiff until and pop it with my head to either side.

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 05:10 AM
link   
Apart from my fingers, thumbs, hand bones, neck, shoulders, elbows, back, knees, ankles and feet...

I pop my bones at the rear of my ears several times a day... feels great... like a pressure release.

Does anybody else do this?

Oh yeah, OP, it is a great feeling to experience before sleeping :-)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join