It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Map of the Creator

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2003 @ 02:18 PM
link   
anyone else heard of this?
Article Here
What are your thoughts?
I was curious about the comments made on the second layer.
Of course it age and almost everything about it is truly fascinating.
I mean 320 million years?
woof!

[Edited on 1-10-2003 by NephraTari]

posted on Oct, 1 2003 @ 02:24 PM
link   

"A find of Bashkir scientists contraries to traditional notions of human history: stone slab which is 120 million years covered with the relief map of Ural Region."

Very good find. Yet another piece of the grand puzzel, or fabrication of history, in relic form?

"This seems to be impossible. Scientists of Bashkir State University have found indisputable proofs of an ancient highly developed civilization-s existence."

posted on Oct, 1 2003 @ 06:46 PM
link   
I know this has been discussed before, however I am not willing to look any further for the thread, if it even exists on this message board. However, keep in mind that Pravda, during the cold war, was the USSR's official state disinformation ministry. So like rense.com, while there may be something true every so often published there, it will always be shed in the shadow of doubt as so much of what they publish is bull #.

[Edited on 10-2-2003 by William One Sac]

posted on Oct, 1 2003 @ 09:14 PM
link   
I did hear something or another on the subject several years ago. If I remember, it was stated that just the concept could start an endless Philosophical Debate. But, I percieve that in the eyes of the Creator, one day is the same as millions of years. When this orb was created and the first intellect implanted I reason that the Eternal Fire had no plans. With the exception that his seed would be able to keep its innocence. Then when one of other entities decided to get jealous of the workings, Man ended up with the short end of the stick, because the entity wanted to deliver its own intellect.
Messages have been delivered by a multitude of Prophets and Disciples, each of his own people and ways. Christ's works, I believe, was to allow man to regain his innocence. The only cost was to know him. Man sets the parimeters not God. God only asks us to follow ten rules. If that is what you would call the Creator, Almighty, Great Spirit, or a multitude of other names.(Some I cannot, or should say will not put on paper.)

posted on Oct, 1 2003 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Geological structure of the slab was determined: it cosists of three levels. The base is 14 cm chick, made of the firmest dolomite. The second level is probably the most interesting, ?made� of diopside glas. The technology of its treatement is not known to modern science. Actually, the picture is marked on this level. While the third level is 2 mm thick and made of calcium porcelain protecting the map from external impact.

This whole article I found very interesting. The paste above, is just a reference I made to the structure of the slab. It is interesting to note the comments on HOW the slabs became seperated...

Latest investigations of the map bring one sensation after another. Now, the scientists are sure of the map being only a fragment of a big map of the Earth. According to some hypothesis, there were totally 348 fragments like that. The other fragments could be probably somewhere near there. In outskirts of Chandar, the scientists took over 400 samples of soil and found out that the whole map had been most likely situated in the gorge of Sokolinaya Mountain (Falcon Mountain). Though, during the glacial epoch it was tore to pieces. But if the scientists manage to gather the ?mosaic,� the map should have an approximate seize of 340 x 340 m. After having studied the archive materials, Chuvyrov ascertained approximate place where four pieces could be situated: one could lie under one house in Chandar, the other v under the house of merchant Khasanov, the third v under one of the village baths, the fourth v under the bridge-s pier of the local narrow-gauge railway.

posted on Oct, 4 2003 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Actually, if you look at the map and try to compare it to satellite photos of the Ukrane, feature for feature, you'll go "huh?"

It doesn't match.

That's a fragment of the ancient coastal seabed, as further evidenced by the fossil shell (there's at least one) embedded in it.

I expect any day now for Pravda to come out with news about the "good will tour of Bat Boy"

posted on Oct, 4 2003 @ 07:50 PM
link   
First of all I doubt it is a map of the creator,
has not the universe been around a lot longer than the time frame this story covers?

I have no doubt in my mind that advanced cultures existed in the distant past that we are yet to learn of. Any major cataclysm of the past could obliterate most evidence of past cultures or make them difficult to find.

posted on Oct, 5 2003 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd
Actually, if you look at the map and try to compare it to satellite photos of the Ukrane, feature for feature, you'll go "huh?"

Of course it won't match...Haven't you heard of "continental drift" & "long-term erosion"? Are you comparing it to *today's* maps or to maps extrapolated from continental drift? A map that old (measured in *millions* of years!) should match the continental shape & positioning during the *time it was made*, though...Have there been any investigations on comparing the map to ancient continent-patterns yet?

posted on Oct, 5 2003 @ 01:40 PM
link   
At the "time it was made", the Urals had been around for awhile. These are old mountains and to suggest that they wandered or changed is like suggesting that the Appliacians wandered from, say, Kansas to Kentucky and rearranged themselves on the way. They were formed at the same time as the Appliacians (Permian era), in fact.

You'll notice that nowhere is an actual geologic map of the Urals with the mountains identified so that you can comapre it to the stone slab.

Here's a real (current) geological map of the area:
sbmg.geol.msu.ru...
(slow loading)
Notice that one of the dead giveaways for that "creator's map" is that there's no central core of higher "mountains" and that they're all the same size and that there's just too many "peaks" to be accurate.

A real map would look something like a relief map of our current Rockies or Cascade mountains.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   
I am wondering if anyone has any new information regarding this map.

Don't be discouraged by the previous posts here, none of them are scientists.

If anyone has any news at all please post it. (considering it's been ten years, someone must have translated part of it, I hope)

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Translated part of what? a Russian hoax?

Mandatory second line

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Maegnas

Just interested...wheres the information proving this as a hoax? This particular oddity is new to me, however certainly aspects of topography can change quite dramatically over better then 100 million years...no? the Nile ran east west at one time...how many years do you suppose that took?...some might say no more then a day given calamity on a giant scale...which the geologic record does show takes place.

Im not arguing a side on this one, but if its been proven a hoax, its up to you to show the facts. In regards the map overlays from modern to 100,000,000 years ago...I mean sheesh see above...things can happen.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   
It has been discussed over and over since 2003, here in ATS. If it was true and not a hoax wouldn't something surface by now?

If you check the thread titled "To what end?", in A&LC, it has a link to photos. Take a look and tell me if you really see a map there!

Edit: here is the link

[edit on 27-7-2010 by Maegnas]

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Maegnas

Thank you for the link. I must admit the photos arent complete enough for me to ascertain much at all. However it would seem from the article the scietists involved have seen it in a certain light enough to posit theories worth investigating.

Where I see your perspective that shouldnt something further come to light in the last 7 years, but it isnt a valid reason to halt study. Take the Fuentes Bowl found in Bolivia I believe, which exhibits language similiar to sumerian cuneiform. That was found in the 40s and yet no definitive explainations have been found...would you halt study and just leave it lay on the ground?

There are strong indicators for ancient civilization beyond our scope of awareness. I dont claim to be a king reincarnated from anyone of them like a previous thread we shared writing on, but as an archeology enthusiast and a theorizer of ancient cultures, I cant just accept putting down a possiblity without further investigation.

Thanks again for the link

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   
I found a link with some photos.

Link : s8int.com...

Found a photo album link : www.bibliotecapleyades.net... album

[edit on 27-7-2010 by ShadowRamesses]

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Hey thanks for the links. So I guess for me the primary question I have is the dating method of the carvings themselves. Whether or not it is a map of the region is pretty much secondary to whether or not somebody was actually carving maps in stone 100 million years ago and wasnt a dinosaur

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 06:12 PM
link   
My question is why is it so certain that that slob of rock was manufactured and not a natural occurrence. If that is answered we can discuss further on potential civilizations that may have existed more than 100 million years ago...

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
The material is between 120 and 320 million years old. That does not necessarily mean the map is that old. What about the assertion, that even today we couldnt carve in the glass layer of the stone?

top topics

join