It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flying saucer, for real [Update Link to Cool Video !]

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2006 @ 10:59 AM
link   
I've just this minute heard on the radio that a British inventor called Geoff Hatton has built and flown a 'real working flying saucer' and also that 'the US Military are lurking in the background' . I quickly did a search to try to find out more and so far have only got this page.

I don't know what sort of technology this relates to but QINETIQ seem to be interested too, so maybe not your usual crackpot?

If you want to listen to the item itself (called a factoid on the show) then put on the 'Steve Wright' show on the BBC website radio section. its 2hrs 30mins to 2hrs 45 mins into the show.

flying saucers

[edit on 20-1-2006 by waynos]

[edit on 14-2-2006 by John bull 1]

posted on Jan, 20 2006 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Got any pics of these prototypes? I like to see what it looks like.

posted on Jan, 20 2006 @ 11:40 AM
link   
If this had been a BBC news item, I'd be interested, but I don't see it there. As for the 2nd link I smell Weekly World News potential here.

[edit on 20-1-2006 by nullster]

posted on Jan, 20 2006 @ 11:47 AM
link   
The thing that leaps out at me is:

A Peterborough firm is on the brink of building the world's first flying saucer capable of unmanned, self-sustaining and fully manoeuvrable flight

However, it then goes on to say:

Power for the saucer is currently supplied through a cord and the next development stage will be to introduce an independent power source.

Surely if its self-sustaining, all it needs is a starting boost?

Google is my friend - a branch of aerodynamic research I'd no idea about (well, apart from the B2 electrostatics thing)

jnaudin.free.fr...

The Coanda effect can also be used in an Electro-HydroDynamics (EHD) device . In this case, the device will use High Voltage with special shaped electrodes. The differential pressure in the medium ( aether) between the upper surface and the inner surface creates a mechanical force which propels the device in one direction.

The most interesting thing to notice is that there is a direct conversion of electrostatic energy into kinetic energy with no moving parts. The motion of the medium around the ship can be used for producing electrical energy and self-sustaining the primary effect. In vacuum space the surrounding plasma and the aether flow can be maintained in a closed path with some special shaped electrode, so it is possible to use an enhanced EHD ship with a plasma flow embedded in a vortex ( which uses the implosion effect ala Schauberger ) as a space ship.

posted on Jan, 21 2006 @ 07:30 AM
link   
There's ajust that tiny detail of needing an on-board power source, which tends to be the stumbling block for all these MHD designs. Miniature nuclear power plant, anyone?

posted on Jan, 21 2006 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wembley

There's ajust that tiny detail of needing an on-board power source, which tends to be the stumbling block for all these MHD designs. Miniature nuclear power plant, anyone?

Yeah, but if it is "self-sustaining", then all is needed is a start me up source - like a starter cart for a jet engine.

posted on Jan, 21 2006 @ 11:48 AM
link   
See video on their website. (www.gfsprojects.com...).
Not bad, but seems a long way to something really usefull.

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 07:50 PM
link   
With a longer legacy, the Walter Mobility Group may be closer to the real deal.

2008 is a long way away - unless you're Paul Moller. The GFS machine appears to be a cool concept. I'd like to see an on-board operator in one before the M400 SkyCar flies - which is probably no big feat. At least it's not just another over-hyped hovercraft.

Additionally, ReaderSheds(.Co.UK) quoted the inventor, Geoff Hatton, saying:

The Americans hadn't seen anything like it and were extremely impressed and excited.

"As far as we know this is the only flying saucer of its kind in the world and there could be any number of uses."

I'm afraid the only Americans who have never seen anything like it, also never visited Sikorsky or Textron (Bell Aerospace). I hope Mr. Hatton knows about a US military loophole called 'technological transfer'....

Anonymously,

An0nym0us

[edit on 261Jan06 by An0nym0us]

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 08:04 PM
link   
self-sustaining flight does not appear to mean what you might have thought:

To date all prototypes have been battery powered, but the design is scalable and the larger versions will have internal combustion engines.

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 04:11 AM
link   
This talk of "aether" makes me think of pre-relativistic classical physics. Basically, it was an invisible "zero point," which light moved through as a wave and to which all motion was relative. This got thoroughly disproved by Einstein's neat and simple theory of relativity. Yet, the aether as referred to here seems to be an energy field - perhaps related to vacuum energy as we know it. How a plasma flow taps vacuum energy is beyond me, though.

posted on Feb, 14 2006 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Right, you guys have got to check out this real [man made] flying saucer video. Wait a minute before the video starts.

It's worth it !!

www.gfsprojects.co.uk...

The model saucer outside could easily be used to fake a UFO video.

posted on Feb, 14 2006 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Stunned...
That is the only word I can think of... But it looks very unstabile... how would this problem be solved...??

posted on Feb, 14 2006 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by John bull 1

The model saucer outside could easily be used to fake a UFO video.

So does that mean that all those UFOs back decades ago were all human made?
After all the U.S. military has its hands on technology base on R and D to stay ahead of the civilian world.

posted on Feb, 14 2006 @ 10:42 AM
link   
It might do. Also don't be too certain that the US military is the all seeing, all knowing world leader that it certainly aims to be. The 'US military' is after said to extremely interested in this UK private venture.

posted on Feb, 14 2006 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Figher Master FIN
Stunned...
That is the only word I can think of... But it looks very unstabile... how would this problem be solved...??

I imagine a multiple gyroscope set up like the segway.

It moves a little like saucers i've seen in videos though. The same apparent instability also allows it to make those sharp turns. It seems to just change direction in a flash.

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Figher Master FIN
Stunned...

Have you ever seen footage of the early hovering trials for the P.1127/Harrier? It wobbled as if the pilot had sunk 12 pints of beer before the test.

Such things are ironed out in development.

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 02:13 AM
link   
I am glad someone is making inroads and getting recognized.... the entire electrostatic and saucer shaped propulsive device field is muddied by whackjobs and new age loonies. but those of us who are serious are overjoyed to see anyone get recognition. as far as the aether comment and the self sustaining comment.... piffle honestly. Don't let the hare brained ideas of a few make you condemn a whole field.

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by waynos
It might do. Also don't be too certain that the US military is the all seeing, all knowing world leader that it certainly aims to be. The 'US military' is after said to extremely interested in this UK private venture.

It will probably go the same way as most of the other great uk inventions, we wont invest in the new technology and it will be taken up by over seas interests.

e.g.jet engines, hovercraft, laithwaites linear motor (maglev) etc etc

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 03:47 AM
link   
this is not totally true.

the gyroscopic propulsion idea is being pursued in england at least on a limitted basis by BAE. And on a side note the brits put a jet fighter and airliner in the air before us americans did.

edit: misspelling whoops said sidenot not sidenote and misplaced some punctuation

[edit on 15-2-2006 by Sugarlump]

XL5

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 04:13 AM
link   
Those are all air propelled, you can see vacuum cleaner like parts in the background and it even states "downwash". Its like an inclosed helicopter!

The govt./mil. will like it because when people see that they are air powered they will give up on REAL UFO's.

There are no gravity devices in these at all, I wish there were though.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join