It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would disclosure mean to you?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 04:14 AM
link   
To me it would bring comfort. To know that in this incredible universe, we are not alone. I can't believe that we are a single accident, an inevitable culmination of time and the periodic table. The universe is too vast for that

It would also bring confidence that there is a possible future for our species if we are able to take the right steps.

Non disclosure does not seem to be a good start

[edit on 19-1-2006 by akabigfoot]

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 06:29 AM
link   
For me, it would be jubilation. Not so much the ET issue, but the implications of getting off fossil fuel and onto free enegy technologies - meaning all the economic power in the world will crumble overnight.

For this reason alone, disclosure will probably never happen - this is why the coverup persists. The haves will never hand their power to the have-nots. The Illuminati would never let it happen. Not unless ET reveal themselves. Barring some magificent breaking story (Serpo), this is the only realistic way it will come about. If it happens, I can say "I told you so" to my friends who think it's all nuts. For me personally, disclosure would initiate a desire to basically be more at peace with the world - I realise anyone could do this any day they wish, but for me it would bring comfort, inner peace, and a willingness to learn more, to understand more, to not live in the dark. A reason for non-disclosure is almost certainly to keep the majority of the human race dumb, warlike among eachother, unenlightened. Knowledge brings power, knowledge poses threats to the status quo. Disclosure would mean we all no longer live in the dark. No bull#. No secrets, no backbiting. A new era of openness - would radically enhance the way we communicate. It would be an exciting time to live, that's for sure.

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 06:40 AM
link   
I would not be in the least bit surprised. And I would say to myself 'at last, the truth is here!'

I would feel that a part of my life that was missing had been put back in (like a jigsaw puzzle). I would be more positive about the future, and be thankful that there was something else in control rather than our stupid governments.

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 08:24 AM
link   
I'd basically be telling all my friends who think I'm crazy for believing in aliens "TOLD YAH SO!".

I'd also be quite shocked. I mean, irrefutable proof!

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kacen
I'd basically be telling all my friends who think I'm crazy for believing in aliens "TOLD YAH SO!".

That reminds me! I would also round up everyone that laughed or scoffed at me to apoligise to me for their ignorance and lack of vision!

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 01:31 PM
link   
I'm gonna say it....I would probably have the first reaction of "fear". I hate to say that but I know that most people woud naturally feel that way. Although I consider myself an open-minded person along with most members of ATS, that still doesn't change the fact that my whole reality would be turned upside down in an instant. I would fear having to take a closer look at my perception of society, spirituality and my role in this universe. Just being honest......

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 10:13 PM
link   

What would disclosure mean to you?

That would of course depend on a few factors....

1. WHO did the disclosing? The government, or the aliens themselves?

2. HOW did the disclosure happen? Planned process, or huge motherships over major US cities? Obviously, there's a different meaning to me here, hehe....

3. WHAT communication took place? Was it peaceful? Threatening?

4. WHY are they here? What's their goals?

5. WHEN can I go on a UFO joyride?

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kacen

I feel yeah there..........

I have to say if there was full disclosure it would save to having to work out what info is bunk and what is truth saving me half a lifetime. But i really dont think it will ever happen, humans are just not ready to comprehend the paradigm shift. After all this would rock life to the bone.

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 11:41 PM
link   
to me it would be a validation of 6 months of my life that is basically denied.

[fiction].....and boy would I give it to some of the members here that I have clashed heads with......in a peaceful and jesting way, of course....[fiction/]

he he he he

in all seriousness, I would welcome the true meaning of creation.

posted on Jan, 20 2006 @ 12:01 AM
link   
it would mean what it meant. with so many layers of compartments to our govts shadow operative doctrines that means that there are that many levels of alien and human affairs happening within these compartments. with all of the illusive secret affairs going on there would be tons of materials associated to the aliens in different classifications on each level, that imo would have a hard time being released to us by the government. you will only know the entire story if you have the clearence of the top level us shadow government official, the shadow government president. most of it will probably be for the benificiary of mankind and the betterment of the world, so heres to the alien association of earth affiars!

posted on Jan, 20 2006 @ 12:04 AM
link   
I would ultimately feel relief....for a moment lol. Then i would be in fear, not from the disclosure but the effects it will have on the many people i envision not able to handle it. After both of those feelings passed i would paint my body green grab my little aliens from toy story and demand to drive the mothership! or not...

posted on Jan, 20 2006 @ 12:24 AM
link   
I think it would be great to "Come out of the closet" on the ET issue. I am a teacher, and am not tenured. I keep my ideas, beliefs, etc. to myself. It really kills me, though. My Dad saw UFO's on radar in the 1960's, and the air Force logged it in pencil to erase later.
To me it would mean I would not feel like an outcast in the Mormon church. I totally believe in Extraterrestrials, and the Mormon church believes there are only humans out there. To their credit, they do at least believe in life out there. However, they say what others are seeing must be demons. I don't think so. Demons don't travel from 0-6,000mph in 10 seconds from a standstill.
Notwithstanding, I think that our space program would make leaps and bounds overnight. I can see normal people like myself going on exchange programs to other planets. I can also see alternative energy sources used, and the Middle east simply turning into a desert. With no need for Fossil fuel, then they have commodity to offer society.

Disclosure would mean an end to the secrecy, and legitimacy for my viewpoint. I am tired of the UFO subject being viewed as something that crackpots believe in. I am no crackpot. I have never even seen a UFO. However, I do believe.

posted on Jan, 20 2006 @ 02:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

5. WHEN can I go on a UFO joyride?

Oh yeah

I wonder if aliens need to pass some test to get the alien craft license ?

posted on Jan, 20 2006 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by agwardlds
Disclosure would mean an end to the secrecy, and legitimacy for my viewpoint. I am tired of the UFO subject being viewed as something that crackpots believe in. I am no crackpot.

I couldn't agree more! I was talking to someone the other day about aliens, and someone else referred to what I was talking about as 'crap'! And when asked to clarify, she just went on to say that she had more important things to talk about. Which was most likely what was on tv last night, or how cute kittens are or something meaningless like that.

I am sick and tired of people viewing me as insane when I talk about aliens and the paranormal!

posted on Jan, 20 2006 @ 11:15 AM
link   
To me "Disclosure" would more or less make sense and tie in many loose ends but it would most likey be very anticlimactic.

To many devout people it would/will be a major dissapointment. To others their carreers and UFO economies would be threatened. So much so, that it would likely breed to more contempt and distrust. So there will never be disclosure. Or better put complete disclosure.

To me I see people who always write they seek the truth, but I think its more about the thrill of the chase. There is something to be said about conspiracy theorists, no matter what you tell them, they are never being told the whole truth.

posted on Jan, 20 2006 @ 02:12 PM
link   

I wonder if aliens need to pass some test to get the alien craft license ?

Apparently not to fly near Roswell...

posted on Jan, 20 2006 @ 06:54 PM
link   
It means whatever the world wants it to mean at the time of disclosure. Just dont forget who has lied to us in the past, they may lie again. Try not to dwell on the negative rather be open or aware of your situation. Keep positive but never ignorant and trust your inner self.

[edit on 20-1-2006 by DarkCyrus]

posted on Jan, 20 2006 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Absolutly nothing unless I can get my own anti-gravity craft capable of going to outerspace that I can park in my garage. I'd never be stuck in traffic again!

posted on Jan, 20 2006 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by akabigfoot

Hi guys,

disclosure means nothing without full and un-adulterated access to all pertinent documents, no black-outs or missing pages.

Otherwise we are just creating more and more conspiracies.

Best Wishes

J

posted on Feb, 18 2006 @ 10:27 AM
link   
depends if its a fake or not...

if they came i would have no problem teaching them or them teaching me about there/our world

i would like to meet one, or there entire nations, but i would like some one to come with me lol.

they should show the world so we know we arnt alone.

if it does get released what would happen?

would we get the chance to meet them in person?
would we be able to use there devices?
would be have to have a licence to drive there zpe machines?
would we have to take test rides in simulators?
would we have the chance to learn from them?
would there be laws to stop us from meeting them?
could we live ware they live?
would there be a law against leaving the planet?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join