It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's the thing about hating the bible..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2006 @ 01:26 PM
link   
In fairytales truths are also found?

There are a bunch of threads I guess, about bibleblasphemy and ignoring God and ignorant blasphemous God-ignorers. But this might also happen in search of Him.

Still, as I see it, the bible is just a historycourse I might say, and they talked about a very impressive human man. A Godlike man. And about His Father in search of His Children, who lost Him, and because of their ignorant behavior lost faith in Him.

Still, my opinion on the Book, is it has lost of enlightening paragraphs. As one is to read a fairytale, there are also truths found inthere. But still, why breaking down something if it has a common issue in other stories, or as well in real life!? I don't get that.

And just because the church uses this book, this might have been abused by them, but still, it spreads a word, and a word can be investigated if told righteous or not.

It's not because the church might have been incorrect, and maybe still is, who throws the stone, that Book doesn't mean to be having a bad influence, it's the users of it!

Flame and spit as much as you can, but burn His word, found anywhere, and no ashes will be revealed. For His word is everburning in ourselves. His spirit is on fire. The smoke you find witch leaves you troubled is only found when trying to put out the flame!

we do not burn dead by it

we only get enlightened by it

Read in the Bible, or read somewhere else, or heard from a fellow men. Nothing can have anything beyond it.

So don't hate that Book, because you do not understand.

It's easy to hate, what you just can't be.

posted on Jan, 14 2006 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Why should I as a blasphemous non believer hate the bible. I personally dont hate a book even the bible. I found it quite interesting as a partly historical document. And I also agree that valuable insights can be gained from it.
My problem with the bible is that most of it is fabricated around truth and not to be taken as literal truth. And as Christians take great pains to try and force me to accept god/Jesus and the whole religious rigmarole then I feel that I must defend my belief by pointing out defects in the christian belief system. As I use the bible for most of my critisism you might consider this blasphemous or ignorant but then again what other source of evidence is there as good as the bible. If you can use the bible for making your claims what difference is there in me using it to point out a contradiction etc?

Originally posted by alienaddicted

It's easy to hate, what you just can't be.

What if its you that doesn't understand ?
And yes you are correct I'd hate to be you!

G

posted on Jan, 14 2006 @ 09:21 PM
link   
well, thy shalt not judge, is also a thing in the mind, for when one judges with the mind, one judges in his words also, but when judged righteous, it seems that your thumb must've been seen.

so, the bible is just a book, a just book?

when we go on with our lives, it is not a nessecity to read it, but it might fasten your progress, in becoming righteous let's say. How did one call one when one? Righteous? It's been said before. And as that will it be.

but yeah, on the other hand, maybe it was just me, reading those things about whatever bad thing that might be about that book, or they claim to be, it talks about a man, one like you and I, or maybe better, one that you and I could look like , or could be like, one that is one but not the same, furthermore, I didn't read more than genesis and the book of John, or otherwise just pasages about what should have happened in the past, or might be cooler I'd say, if one believes what it has written, tales about powerfull men, doing powerfull things, guided and driven by one, that would be 'magical' if some would say, but magic is, magick, magic, mage..

I don't even know the translation of that last, but it sounds, magical. It sounds like one.

that said, I might have just given my opinion on how I stand to that book, since I read some, more, let's say, because what I've read earlier in my younger years on school, might haven't been going into me with that much.. wisdom.

It's a well book to read in for me, neh, really, I like it, I can pull full attention on it, and it makes me amazed about who he is, so I can more better focus myself on Him, then He guides me better. It was strange to say that latter.

It's great coming to contact with Him, there are changes, there were a lot for me. As more as I believe the more I get to see Him, He is my strenght, my Guide, my Empreror, my Dignity. My Strenght. He gives me Talents. He endorphines me. He moulds me. Into His perfection. As who I am, under His command.

As He gives Birth to me. And understanding. Wisdom and Righteousness. I suppose I came to the best contact with him with his word, the bible, and I also read a little, just a thing out of the Koran,

I'd say I moved on better in this phase were I read, read the bible.

Then I guess in my mind I don't like people who discredit it, for it has proven to myself the bible is best a fine book. For getting ones information, for opening up myself, it's probably a mystery but it opens me up very well.

And I like to talk about it. Where have you been? Sirenes go off at my place, They'll pass me by within a few secs, who do they serve? We get punished double, for our sins, except , I'm wandering off.

or should I've letten myself go? I'll leave it this way.

AA

posted on Jan, 14 2006 @ 10:35 PM
link   

...the Book, is it has lost of enlightening paragraphs.

Although I think you meant to say "lots", what you wrote is mostly accurate nonetheless.

Flame and spit as much as you can, but burn His word, found anywhere, and no ashes will be revealed. For His word is everburning in ourselves.

If his word burns within us, then it isn't that silly book called the Bible now is it? You seem to be confusing the fire within with a collection of ancient books. Just because they are both referred to as the word of god, does not equate them.

You've never actually read it, have you?

posted on Jan, 14 2006 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by spamandham

...the Book, is it has lost of enlightening paragraphs.

Although I think you meant to say "lots", what you wrote is mostly accurate nonetheless.

Yes, that's what I meant

Flame and spit as much as you can, but burn His word, found anywhere, and no ashes will be revealed. For His word is everburning in ourselves.

If his word burns within us, then it isn't that silly book called the Bible now is it? You seem to be confusing the fire within with a collection of ancient books. Just because they are both referred to as the word of god, does not equate them.

Those words in that/those book(s) can make this fire within you burn more, or make a fire burn, not?

You've never actually read it, have you?

I told you how much I did, and I did went to a catholic school, but I see catholicism as the teaching of it, good or bad, and christianity as it found within thyself, or the balancing of external things within thy self

AlienAddicted

posted on Jan, 14 2006 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Those words in that/those book(s) can make this fire within you burn more, or make a fire burn, not?

Not from my perspective. They restrict and confuse, causing [western] people to think god is some objective reality external to themselves. The fire within, is within. For some reason, people want to externalize that which is experienced internally.

I told you how much I did, and I did went to a catholic school,

In other words, you've read the Gospels, and perhaps a few Epistles.

(I went to Catholic school too)

posted on Jan, 14 2006 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by spamandham

Not from my perspective. They restrict and confuse, causing [western] people to think god is some objective reality external to themselves. The fire within, is within. For some reason, people want to externalize that which is experienced internally.

As above, as below. As within, as outside? Or do they internalize, that which is seen externally. ... balance is the key, and the balancing of. Search within, find within, search outside, compare/judge within.

I told you how much I did, and I did went to a catholic school,

In other words, you've read the Gospels, and perhaps a few Epistles.

(I went to Catholic school too)

I did, and still I find within. Still I receive faith through what I've read. I create harmony with these.. fairytales.

AA

posted on Jan, 16 2006 @ 02:51 PM
link   
i've read the bible, and its a partially good document.

however, all the good is overshadowed by the horrible hypocricy and intolerance in it.

as well as the other bad stuff

reading the whole thing cover to cover is probably the best way for someone to go from a christian to a nonchristian

posted on Jan, 16 2006 @ 03:52 PM
link   
I've read the Bible. I've also rolled cigarettes with Bible paper. BIG Cigarettes.

posted on Jan, 16 2006 @ 07:44 PM
link   
yea ive read the bible. its got alot of great storys in it and if used wisely you can learn alot from it. you can learn alot about the hebrew diety jehova (sp) and his human incarnate jesus.

although i perfer to get my knowledge from the vedas. they seem to have alot more answers then the hebrews did. they also dont combat questions with "i am god whorship me". the basic knowledge they pass on is the same info most religions use as there fundemantals.

my problem with the bibles is that it has been highjacked by so called "christians" that dont even understand the basis of there own religion and refuse to see just were it came from. and i get sick of people telling me that it is the end all be all. you know what the bible says goes.

i guess what im saying is my problems not with the bible (actually one of my favorite books to read) but those who feel the need to press it upon the world claiming that there diety is the only diety.

if you read the bible you would realise that it is geared toward the hebrews and there messiah was not sent to save the world but to save the hebrews.

new topics

top topics

join