It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cremation or Burial?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2003 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Either is fine with me however, I don't want to be in a casket, kept inside like a rotting mummy, and i don't want my ashes in a can.

I want the earth to consume me as thanks for letting use it during my life cycle.

I wish for my organic material to return to the earth and become food for plants and microscopic organisms.

I'd take being buried in the mud with no casket over being cremated... but I hear they don't like people being buried without a casket =/

posted on Oct, 8 2003 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by helen670
: For earth thou art and unto earth shalt thou return (Genesis, 3:12).

Ok , I say burial.....

Christianity has always buried and not burnt.....it comes from the Old Testament times .......Although, today it is not mentioned or made known to why it is prefered .......

Burial because the Body returns to the soul in the resurrection ......and because the belief of the afterlife..
The body is the temple of the Holy Spirit and that we live in the hope of Resurrection from the dead, according to the image of Christ, Who was buried (not cremated).

helen..

Since when does Christianity follow Old Testament customs. If you did follow it, there wouldn't be any Christianity.

Burial or Cremation doesn't matter. Your gonna return to ashes anyway, cremation faster.

posted on Oct, 8 2003 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Illmatic67

Originally posted by helen670
: For earth thou art and unto earth shalt thou return (Genesis, 3:12).

Ok , I say burial.....

Christianity has always buried and not burnt.....it comes from the Old Testament times .......Although, today it is not mentioned or made known to why it is prefered .......

Burial because the Body returns to the soul in the resurrection ......and because the belief of the afterlife..
The body is the temple of the Holy Spirit and that we live in the hope of Resurrection from the dead, according to the image of Christ, Who was buried (not cremated).

helen..

Since when does Christianity follow Old Testament customs. If you did follow it, there wouldn't be any Christianity.

Burial or Cremation doesn't matter. Your gonna return to ashes anyway, cremation faster.

illmatic...Greek Orthodox and Russian Orthodox do have early laws and canons of the early church which state that burial should be done.....as was Jesus Christ ...He was buried and not cremated.
The old Testament is very much a Part of Christianity in the Orthodox Church......Not the Modern worldly thinking, but the original teachings of the Apostles...
Cremation was a part of the pagan followers, and that is why it is not preffered by Christianity....I am talking about the Russian Orthodox ...Old calander(julian)..
helen..

posted on Oct, 8 2003 @ 01:15 AM
link   
whats wrong with pagan traditions?

The bible has the birth of Christ on the 25th (another pagan holiday)

and his ressurection is in the spring festival

I still say Emperor Constantine lived and died as a pagan, still loyal to the Cult of the Unconquered Sun, just used christianity as a tool to control. even though I consider myself "christian" I believe it's been used in negative ways.

Ooops so sorry don't mean to hijack please back to topic

posted on Oct, 8 2003 @ 02:38 PM
link   
If you could still get it done, I would prefer to be mummified. The thought of having my body preserved for a long time appeals to me. It just does.

posted on Oct, 8 2003 @ 03:34 PM
link   
I want to be cremated. Let them use the land for something more important, like golf courses.
There's alot of cemetary land that could be useful for the living. Burrying the dead and letting the land go to waste for hundreds of years afterward just seems wrong to me.
No religious influences in this decision.

posted on Oct, 8 2003 @ 04:16 PM
link   
We, for once, do agree on something.

My physical body, spent and used, will be useless to anyone. I prefer to have my ashes spread on a hiking trail in the Great Smoky Mountains.

Clos to God-Ya know?

posted on Oct, 8 2003 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Surprised that no-one mentioned the issue of 72 hours after death...,

posted on Nov, 9 2003 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by THENEO
Surprised that no-one mentioned the issue of 72 hours after death...,

Tell us the 'issue' of 72 hours after death T.N !

helen...

posted on Nov, 9 2003 @ 08:55 PM
link   
For a different view point of cremation or burial do a google search on the following terms "doongerwadi", "dokhma", "DDD-AG", or "SDAC".

posted on Nov, 9 2003 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Sky burial for me. For some reason getting chopped up into small little pieces and being strewn about and eaten by birds who fly to the *sky* is appealing to me.

posted on Nov, 9 2003 @ 09:09 PM
link   
I want to be cremated and my ashes thrown in my ex-wife's face.

BG

posted on Nov, 9 2003 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Mummification definately.
j/k I don't think i'll have to worry about re-entering this dimension again, i'll be off discovering new and greater things by then. Burning would be my first choice, the thought of waking up buried 10 feet down makes me feel a bit queezy.

[Edited on 9-11-2003 by Sapphire]

posted on Nov, 9 2003 @ 11:17 PM
link   
I don't care what happens to my body, for all I care my friends can dry and smoke my lungs. I won't be needing this body again anyways. I would prefer it if my body wasn't just left lying around where the dogs and # like that could get to it.

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 04:33 AM
link   
I have a great plan for my wake... I'm going to be creamated, then my ashes will be mixed into about 10 lbs of waldorf salad, which , of course will be served at my wake as what used to be my "favorite" salad. Then about 2 months later, each will get a letter from me stating that I'll always be with them, both in spirit and boilogically

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join