It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cremation or Burial?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2003 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Which do you prefer & do you have religious or spiritual reasons for your choice?

I prefer a burial. I've always been fearful of burning even though I'll be dead.

posted on Sep, 30 2003 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I'd rather be burnt then eaten by maggots

No religious reasons

posted on Sep, 30 2003 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Burial! I've been to a few cremations and they always come across as so impersonal and rushed, you get the impression it's all done on a conveyor belt. I like the idea of going into the ground and becoming part of the eco-cycle.

posted on Sep, 30 2003 @ 04:39 PM
link   
And then throw me somewhere, I don't care-out the car window or something..the body is only the shell of what truly exist forevermore..
Mags

posted on Sep, 30 2003 @ 04:44 PM
link   
If the government would allow (which i doubt they will when the time comes ) I'd like to be burnt on a funeral pyre. Unfortunately I'm sure there are regulations preventing my final wish to be carried out, unless the 1/8 cherokee blood in me counts for something.

posted on Sep, 30 2003 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Cryogenic suspension of my cranium has been arranged.

J/K, it's too expensive and imagine what it would be like to have whatever happens to your consciousness stuck in a liquid nitrogen tank for several hundred years, unwittingly.

I am undecided, but I think I have contemplated mortality more of late.

posted on Sep, 30 2003 @ 08:16 PM
link   
once I'm dead, I'm not my problem anymore
I'll let my heirs deal with that business. although whatever they do, I want a nice big memorial. attention whore in life, attention whore in death

posted on Sep, 30 2003 @ 08:23 PM
link   
I'd like to be buried, my personal preference. Let the worms go at me, at least I'm contributing to their well being!

posted on Sep, 30 2003 @ 08:28 PM
link   
I think I should be burned. It is not only cheaper but much faster. I do not want to get stuck hanging around too long. Also, no one should have to see my dead lifeless body. It serves no good purpose and only upsets people.

posted on Sep, 30 2003 @ 08:55 PM
link   
i think i would rather be buried. i think i fear not existing more than anything. if you are burnt then its almost as if you never where. which kind of scarres me. id rather be dead and still have a phsyical body for as long as possible. although they say from ashes we rose and ashes we will return, i think id rather let time decide that rather than fire. lord knows ill see enough fire when i die.

posted on Sep, 30 2003 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Lurk,
It might though just give the right closure to a grieving person to see you one last time and then they'd be abe to move on. You never know.

posted on Oct, 1 2003 @ 09:54 AM
link   
: For earth thou art and unto earth shalt thou return (Genesis, 3:12).

Ok , I say burial.....

Christianity has always buried and not burnt.....it comes from the Old Testament times .......Although, today it is not mentioned or made known to why it is prefered .......

Burial because the Body returns to the soul in the resurrection ......and because the belief of the afterlife..
The body is the temple of the Holy Spirit and that we live in the hope of Resurrection from the dead, according to the image of Christ, Who was buried (not cremated).

helen..

posted on Oct, 7 2003 @ 12:22 AM
link   
As a Sikh, Cremation is the ritual we follow.
Hindus aswell.
Deep

posted on Oct, 7 2003 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Bury me...its a cultural thing. We Maori are born from this earth, Papatuanuku (Earth Mother) nutures us...and so we must return to Her arms when we pass...as a child reuniting with its mother.

The link between land and life can be seen within the culture and the words given to things such as the placenta, which in Maori is 'whenua'...whenua is also the Maori word for land...both nuture, both are crucial to life...so our links with the land (in all its concepts) permeates through us from birth to death.

To emphasis that is a saying:

"Ko au the whenua, ko te whenua ahau"

"I am the land, the land is me"

Peace,
ALIEN

posted on Oct, 7 2003 @ 09:27 PM
link   
By the time I reach that point, I really won't care what happens to my body...They could just wrap me in aluminum foil & flush me down the toilet because it won't matter to *me* by that time.

posted on Oct, 7 2003 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Me I guess. I don't want to take up a bunch of room. Or bury me in a pine box, so I can return to the earth.

Unless I die suspiciously then seal me up in a metal coffin so I can be exhumed if need be.

posted on Oct, 7 2003 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Burial definately. But then again Ive still got some time.

posted on Oct, 7 2003 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by omega1
Burial definately. But then again Ive still got some time.

How do you know?

posted on Oct, 7 2003 @ 10:01 PM
link   
I also hate the idea of being buried... even though I hopefully would be dead. I have talked with a friend of mine about my wished post mortem though. I have told him that I would like to be buried (or my ashes to be spread) in the woods at night without any influence from the state or the church. I have also promised my friend that he will get my CD collection when im gone. I could of course change my mind about this later though... so im writing it down and making changes as my life goes on. My friend knows where its is written down and will consulte the last version of the letter when im dead. I have also promised to do the same thing for him.

posted on Oct, 7 2003 @ 11:49 PM
link   
I wont ever die. I am going to live forever!

Just kidding. Like you didn't know that.
I want to be put in a mausoleum I don't want to be buried or burned or eaten by maggots.
I would love to just be lied in a tomb with my favorite blanket and some chocolate chip cookies. In case I come around again for some reason.
I know that dead is dead. But do we really know what death is? and what happens? I just want to be prepared in case for some reason I am still aware of my surroundings. That's where my blanket would come in cos it could very cold and the cookies are in case I wake up with a craving for sugar.

Mark

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join