It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Gov Project !!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 03:39 PM
link   
A buddy of mine who works at a company called Spincraft in Billerica, Massachusetts told me of a new Gov project they are working on there which entails a rocket-launched sattelite that is launched from the back of a C-17 !! while flying .....the back of the C-17 opens, deploys a parachute which is attached to the rocket/sattelite....once the rocket is in a controlled drop with the chute open it fires, dropping the chute and shoots into space deploying its payload (sattelite)

he said all sorts of Gov bigwigs have been swarming his shop to get the project underway. and of course told all there to keep it quiet !!

also at his shop they are working on a new metal called "lithium aluminum" which is three time lighter that regular aluminum.

the Gov wants future rockets to be made of "lithium aluminum" for weight reduction...although my freind states that right now the "lithium aluminum" is very brittle and even turns to powder when touching it....but also said the scientists have figured out how to make it more durable.

(Spincraft in Billerica, Massachusetts is a heavy fab shop with numerous Gov contracts for select rocket parts and possible shuttle and missile parts)

[edit on 13-1-2006 by Alpha Grey]

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 05:59 PM
link   
So your buddy is working on a secret project at a company who's name you posted. The govt told everyone to keep quiet, but your friend told you, and you decided to post it in the internet. the g men should be there any minute

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Your post should have looked like this to protect everyone, especially your "buddy".

New Gov Project !!

A buddy of mine who works at a company called
in
, Massachusetts told me of a new Gov project they are working on there which entails a rocket-launched
that is launched from the back of a
!! while
.....the back of the
opens, deploys a parachute which is attached to the
....once the
is in a controlled drop with the chute open it fires, dropping the chute and shoots into
deploying its payload (
)

he said all sorts of Gov
have been swarming his shop to get the project underway. and of course told all there to keep it quiet !!

also at his
they are working on a new
called "
" which is three time lighter that regular

the Gov wants future rockets to be made of "
" for weight
...although my
states that right now the "lithium aluminum" is very brittle and even turns to powder when touching it....but also said the scientists have figured out how to make it more

(
in
, Massachusetts is a heavy
shop with numerous Gov contracts for select
parts and possible
and
parts)

- One Man Short

posted on Jan, 14 2006 @ 06:25 AM
link   
dont think the project is secret.. u can see pictures of the first state of the rocket on their webpage www.spincraft.net...

btw.. Spincraft has worked on government projects( shuttle program, missile program) before.. this is just another regular project, but interesting

[edit on 14-1-2006 by WindWalker]

posted on Jan, 14 2006 @ 11:09 AM
link   
my buddy states that although they said to be quiet about it...he also said that at no time did anyone say it was "top secret" nor did he sign anything.

I told him my intent to post the info here and he said "ok..go ahead"

so I did.....if he told me to not do it...I would have not posted anything.

posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 04:54 AM
link   
I was just about to tell you off for posting this, but I have decided to become a rebel and go agaisnt what everyone else is saying . . . but dont worry, ill be watching my back for suited goons.
In Matthew Reilly's 'Area-7', I read about a shuttle launch from the back of a 747, and that got me thinking. I had no idea that people were actually thinking about it in reality, even if in a slightly different manner.

This metal sounds intresting, althrough a bit dodgy. Something that turns to dust when touched should not be used to make rockets, even if it is going to be improved. Rocket parts should start out hard and durable, then be improved.

ps One Man Short of Manhood, I am so sick of seeing that black-stuff impede my research that I am tempted to ignore you, just to make sure that I wont have anymore nightmares after tonight.

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Latest on the "Lithium Aluminum" issue......my buddy states that they are making it much more stable...now they can form it, weld it and machine it....quality of the metal is much better.

small story here: Lithium Aluminum

[edit on 8-2-2006 by Alpha Grey]

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Well I believe your friend may be in a heap of trouble if his employment is contingent upon a security clearance, which it sounds like it may be. I worked part time for a security company in college, and they would only hire people with a certain active DoD security clearance due to what was going on at the facility. Obviously as guards we saw all of the parts of the facility and could have seen sensitive things. It was the only situation I've ever been in outside of the military where a security clearance was involved, but the deal was that because we were working there with a security clearance to begin with, that we had to assume that anything we saw or heard in the facility was protected by that clearance. In other words, there was none of this "well nobody told me not to tell" type of thing. If it was a project going on there, it was considered classified, period.

You'd better check with your friend before someone gets in trouble....

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by therainmaker

I just did and all is cool....he asked his boss directly and was told its ok to mention the lithium aluminum and the C-17 rocket project.

like I said in a past post....

if he told me to not do it...I would have not posted anything

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Just a pointer...
As others have stated, it is often good to "limit" the traceability of these "secrets" but also as stated, this doesn't appear to be a true "top secret"

which is exactly why i am here...
to see all these tidbits of "almost secret" developments...
things the papers wont report on for years... but are out there...

good job

posted on Feb, 10 2006 @ 06:12 PM
link   
This isn't secret i have seen a similar thing on some channel a while ago, nothing special at all.

posted on Feb, 10 2006 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alpha Grey

Originally posted by therainmaker

I just did and all is cool....he asked his boss directly and was told its ok to mention the lithium aluminum and the C-17 rocket project.

It's called free advertising & publicity. There are those that believe that if a new technology captures the fancy of the general public, it will result in better funding profiles. In most cases, it doesn't hurt, though sometimes this kind of tactic could be viewed as an act of desperation.

top topics

join