It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Quantum Entanglement Idea

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 03:16 PM
link   
(First post so bear with me if it sucks, lol)

Quantum Entanglement

This so called "spooky action", plays a vital role in the understanding
of modern physics. Recently, researchers were able to use a semi-conductor
to create pairs of entangled photons. Now, this is phenomenal from a technological
stand point and I was thinking how this can be applied to current day use.
It may be possible that if they are able to create pairs of entangled photons, if
there was a way to split each of the pairs of photons into their own "capsule" for
lack of a better term, in opposite devices could lead to FTL communications
between two devices. Now, this is granted that the devices are configured before
hand and will only work between the two, this could play a vital role in the
transmission of data through space. One "box" of encapsulated photons used
for communication from our terrestrial domain, and another "box" of its entangled
pairs as the other communication device. Now data would be transmitted simply by
changing the spins of indivudual photons, much like a binary system. Any thoughts
about such a device? therotical or nonsense?

Here is the link

www.newscientist.com...

posted on Jan, 14 2006 @ 12:16 AM
link   
quantum dice,
one set rolls a number and the other set roll one less!

posted on Jan, 14 2006 @ 03:05 AM
link   
Here is a link about an optical amplifier that might interest you. physicsweb.org...
The connection with quantum-tunnelling experiments is interesting to me.

Therotically If we could use communications with photons in this classically-forbidden way there would be plenty of possibilities that could happen, such as communication to other star systems, Mapping planets around other stars .....ext.

All this would be awesome.

It is believed that "faster than the speed of light" communications cannot be used to transmit information.

Entanglement produces some interesting interactions with the principle of relativity that states that information cannot be transferred faster than the speed of light. en.wikipedia.org...

If Quantum entanglement can be used in communication, I would guess it would have to use the classical channel, so as to make it more noise free. It would not reach faster than the speed of light though.

So I guess we need some type of Quantum filters to make it possible lol.

Hopefully soon in the future we will be able to send information through classically-forbidden energy states. This is the communication I would like to see. Communicating with the other me would be entertaining

lol I really don't know what I'm talking about, but it is fun to think about.

[edit on 14-1-2006 by XPhiles]

posted on Jan, 14 2006 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Sounds rather boring to me. Are you refering to quantum computers? Have you at all heard of P=NP problem, do you know what it offers in terms of quantum computing? en.wikipedia.org...

What do you call a conductor that works only part-time?

posted on Jan, 14 2006 @ 08:03 PM
link   
sorry, it won't work, but don't worry many people are confused about this. and some clever advanced people are working on it too, so you never know. but anyway there is no way to know the "spin" of the photons when starting out without destroying it so you will not be able to send anything meaningful. next even if you did know the spins there would be no way of detecting the change without destroying the photons so you couldn't send more than 1 bit at a time with continually sending bubbles. as of now people can't generate photons at a fast enough rate to be useful anyway. the fastest you will be able to transmit anything would be at the kilohertz rate so conventional methods will still be faster. the last misconception is that once these entangled photons go on their way once you change something on one it will immediately change on the other. this is not true, once they are apart changing one will have no effect on the other. entangled just means they have the same states to begin with.

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 10:42 AM
link   
One way to envision the 'spooky action at a distance' is by doing the following.

Set up two TV cameras focused on an aquarium (for instance).

Have one camera pointing on the front and one pointing at the side.

Set up a video monitor in another room.

Install a split screen on the monitor so you can see your favorite Oscar swimming around.

Now, for the sake of the experiment, ignore that you're looking at two cameras on one tank and imagine you're just watching an independent feed.

When Oscar turns right and you see him broadside in feed one he suddenly and instantaneously turns in the other feed and you see him facing.

If you had no conception of TV monitors and cameras, you'd have to conclude that both these fish were able to communicate with each other and synchronize their swimming.

However, in truth, there's another 'reality' and you're seeing the same fish.

Now we're not saying that quantum entanglement and simultaneous adjustments of spin of two particles is just seeing the same particle, but there is, apparently, another 'level or reality' which we can not perceive.

Bear in mind that at this point the phenomena is a property of particles and not something that happens to macroscopic large bodies, or not that we can perceive readily.

Anyway, just sharing a thought that I read about recently.

For a fun time, check out Jason and Grant's Radio podcast show - they discussed this in an archived show:

Beyond Reality with Jason Hawes and Grant Wilson.

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 11:02 AM
link   
BTW, here's a list of the topics that Jason and Grant discuss:

(note: by listing these, I'm not endorsing the site or any of these topics. They're just a fun listen)

Uri Gellar Joins us, and we talk Crop Circles!
Uri Geller calls in to talk about his new show with Criss Angel as well as his new documentary he is producing. In hour two we chat with Crop Circle expert Freddy Silva.

PSIence and the Paranormal
We chat with Marie Jones, author of “PSIence: How New Discoveries in Quantum Physics and New Science May Explain the Existence of Paranormal Phenomena”, www.mariedjones.com... and Dr. Susan Shumsky, www.doctorsusan.org

Mothman
Charlie McCracken, Director of “Darkwings: The Mothman Chronicle”, blackriverfilms.com and Dr L.A. Marzulli, author of “Politics, Prophecy & the Supernatural” spiraloflife.com

Spotlight on Lousiana: Voodoo and Ghosts
In hour 1 we talked to Jerry Gandolfo, the curator of the New Orleans Voodoo Museum about voodoo myths and misconceptions. In hour 2, Brad Duplechian, Co-Founder of the TAPS Family Group, Louisiana Spirits joined us to talk about some of his favorite Louisiana haunted locations!

Communication After Death
Jason and Grant talk to Dave Kane, author of “41 Signs of Hope” and Dianne Arcangel, author of “Afterlife Encounters”. This audio will be added shortly.

Skepticism
Jason and Grant talk with James Randi and Robert Lancaster, the founder of www.stopsylviabrowne.com

Psychics in Law Enforcement
Jason and Grant talk to Dr. Sally Headding, a forensic psychic and Josh Mantello, founder of Berkshire Paranormal and a Police Officer.

Astral Travel and Remote Viewing

God Part of The Brain
Grant and guest co-host, Adam Blai, discuss the psychology of the paranormal and talk to Mathew Alper, author of the book, God Part of the Brain.

Harry Potter and Witchcraft

Jason and Grant, talk to Steve Wohlberg, the author of “Exposing Harry Potter and Witchcraft: The Menace Beneath the Magic” and the founder of the website www.avoidharrypotter.com. They are also joined in the studio by Heather from TAPS, a pagan.

top topics

join