It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Triangular thing in Missouri

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 01:34 AM
link   
A couple nights ago, I was driving out to Missouri to see my sister. I was about 20 or so miles outside of Springfield, MO, and on the phone with my sister, when I saw this strange light in the sky. (I made some crap pic in MSPaint, but it gives a basic idea of the shape).

I thought nothing of it, maybe just a glare on my windshield, as it was very dark out and it could have been anything, an antenna, city lights, anything.

About ten minutes later, I was off the phone, it was sitting in the same spot. Then it started to move, very very slowly to the right. It was a pretty large triangular shape. I wasn't sure what it was. It flew to the right for maybe about... I'd say AT LEAST 15 minutes. I went through Springfield, and forgot about it. I was outside of the city maybe 5 minutes later and the craft was still lingering in the area I saw it in last.

Finally, the craft turned direction and started flying away. It turned very slowly, it took about 10 minutes to turn direction and move. It stayed in sight as it flew in the opposite direction for about 20 or so minutes after that before leaving my sight.

So, the first thing I thought was, it was a plane or a helicopter. It could NOT have been a plane because planes have strobe lights (usually) and they move faster than this. It took this "craft" at least 15 minutes to pass across the horizon, then about 10 minutes just to turn.
A helicopter maybe? I never knew helicopters were of a perfect triangular shape. Nor did I know they moved that slow, steady and smooth.

Then I thought, "hmmm... maybe we're next to a military base." Couldn't be the case. Fort Leonard Wood was the nearest military base next to me, and they don't deal with aviation. \

I know the pic I drew is really crap, but I wanted a picture to go with the story when I posted it. Even though it's pretty lame, it points out the horizon and city lights. It's supposed to be when I was outside of Springfield, as I could see the city's lights in the distance. That's about how it big it appeared from my location.
Yes, there were a set of 3 or 4 horizontal lines across the object, as shown in the picture.

posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Fort Leonard Wood does have a landing strip, I have seen fighters take off and land there....But anyway I live in St. Louis and am Allways looking up outside when im smoking but haven't seen anything yet.

A few years ago a triangle shaped craft was seen east of here in Illinois, if I remember right most of the sighting of it was reported by the police in the area

Link

Cool stuff, I wonder if anyone else saw it....

posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 02:00 AM
link   
Yeah, Ft Leonard Wood does have a landing strip, but I mean that they don't deal in aviation. They do have planes though.

I've been told by people that live there that Missouri is a really weird place. When I lived there as a kid, I saw a couple things, but this here, is probably the weirdest thing I've seen.

posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 11:08 AM
link   
This reminds me of that triangular UFO over Belgium and Italy. Did the craft you saw happen to have any lights under it? Like one light on each corner, and another light in the center?

posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 03:58 PM
link   
We weren't underneath it. Look at the pic I made. I saw it from the side as it was moving right.

posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 06:22 PM
link   
I also live in STL. we have an air show everyyear with the stealth bombers/fighters. I dont know if it is Leononwood or not but they fly from MO. I have seen this on the news when the Iraq war first started. Those babies fly from MO, to Iraq, then back. Pretty intense flight.

posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Yeah ive seen something similar to that but that was when i was living in florida so it was probally from Macdill air force base.

posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 09:25 PM
link   
I would think it to be a plane IF planes had triangular wings and flew at a very slow speed.

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pwnerer
We weren't underneath it. Look at the pic I made. I saw it from the side as it was moving right.

Wait, you saw lines on it? Are you sure it was the side of it? Maybe it was the underside...it sounds like the Aurora. The jet intakes or thrusters underneath could be the lines...

www.globalsecurity.org...

[edit on 12-1-2006 by Kacen]

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a friend of mine who lives in missouri described a large low flying triangular craft moving at slow speeds along a road side where he was walking.

just a note

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kacen

Originally posted by Pwnerer

Wait, you saw lines on it? Are you sure it was the side of it? Maybe it was the underside...it sounds like the Aurora. The jet intakes or thrusters underneath could be the lines...

www.globalsecurity.org...

[edit on 12-1-2006 by Kacen]

I'm not sure how it could be the underside if we weren't underneath it, nor anywhere near the craft itself.

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 11:16 PM
link   
ARe the strobe lights always on both sides. Isn't it possible that the side containing a functioning strobe light was blocked from your line of sight due to the position of the plane from your reference frame? Why so quick to say UFO are you?

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Well, see, as I said above, I'd consider it a plane, IF planes had triangular wings. I don't think anyone really understands here.

I believe that I saw it from the side. I saw it on the left side of my windshield, then it moved to the right at a very slow pace. So I'm assuming, it started from the left side, and moved to the right. I guess that would be the side of it?

Frosty, it IS a UFO. Just in case you didn't know, UFO stands for Unidentified Flying Object. I don't know what it is, so in my case, it would be a UFO. I never said it was an alien craft.

new topics

top topics

join