It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Zarqawi claims 40,000 American soldiers killed, criticize Sunnis for voting.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 01:48 PM
link   
A few weeks ago I saw "60 minutes" (I think it was "60 minutes") and they were making interviews to the soldiers in Iraq and they were telling that the numbers of casualties are far superior to the numbers shown by the US government. In fact the jornalist showed that in the 10 minutes he stayed on the base, many helicopters arrived with several wounded soldiers.
He asked the soldier if that was a common thing and the soldier said with some hesitation that yes it was. Then the soldier said that he didn't want to talk no more because he was afraid of being punished. Many other soldiers made similar statements.
The jornalist said that it was hard to believe in the numbers of the US government. What he saw in Iraq showed him that the war was much more violent and difficult then many think.

posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 04:27 PM
link   
This is a link from the DOD on wounded in iraq by month,

www.icasualties.org...

We can only hope that their list is accurate and nothing is been hidden from the American public.

After all everything the present administration does while deciving the public is all for the good of national security.

posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 06:49 PM
link   

I always said that if bin-laden is alive he is hiding in Pakistan, Pakistan will keep him safe, even if they claim to be helping US into looking for him.

I watched a good documentary on the Discovery Times channel about Pakistan not too long ago. It brought into perspective to me how different the Northwest Region of Pakistan is from the rest of country. Those people up there consider Osama a hero and they are the ones helping and supporting him. Many of them have even fought in Afghanistan against US troops. So Marge when you say Pakistan, please be more specific about who you are referring too.

We can only hope that their list is accurate and nothing is been hidden from the American public.

I don’t believe you have any solid proof to suggest otherwise? As such, don't make false assumptions based on personal interpretation, feelings or hunches.

[edit on 11-1-2006 by WestPoint23]

posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 06:53 PM
link   
I tell you what I do not trust the government in Pakistan they do not have power over the people.

The people of Pakistan is another story they have never been friendly to US and they never will.

They will protect Bin-laden and any other terrorist that they consider their heroes.

posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 07:02 PM
link   

I tell you what I do not trust the government in Pakistan they do not have power over the people.

I’d rather trust them then the MMA, at least they wont use Nuclear Weapons on us. Image just what would happen if Pakistan's arsenal fell into the “wrong hands”. I’d rather we not push the current Pakistani government to the point where they could be overthrow, we have to make compromises for the greater good.

They will protect Bin-laden and any other terrorist that they consider their heroes.

Marge, again I have to ask who is they? The majority of Pakistan does not want Osam’s crazy version of Islam, nor would the die to protect him. However, the Northwest region praises him like a god and have fought to protect him, I believe they are the ones you are referring to.

posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23

Marge, again I have to ask who is they? The majority of Pakistan does not want Osam’s crazy version of Islam, nor would the die to protect him.

That is not the way it looked like when the people in Pakistan were protesting the government involvement with the US.

Really WestPoint you can not be that trusting do you.

I don't trust their nuclear capabilities when obviously their government is hanging on a thread.

But It seems that that is find and dandy as long as their Government in power call themselves US friends.

Really I find that country like a time bomb.

Whenever the people starts rioting the Pakistani government gets very nervous.

posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 08:05 PM
link   

That is not the way it looked like when the people in Pakistan were protesting the government involvement with the US.

While I don't dispute that the whole of Pakistan may not want close relations between the US and Pakistan, I do dispute that this in some way implies that they are ready to accept Osama’s version of Islam.

I don't trust their nuclear capabilities when obviously their government is hanging on a thread.

Marge, like I said do you have a better alternative? Again, I ask you to look up the MMA and what they believe in.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join