It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Zarqawi claims 40,000 American soldiers killed, criticize Sunnis for voting.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 08:13 PM
link   

thescotsman.scotsman.com...

IRAQ'S most wanted terrorist, Abu Musab al-Zarqawi, yesterday rebuked his fellow Sunnis for taking part in last month's elections, saying they had helped to rescue United States policy in the country.

The leader of al-Qaeda in Iraq issued a statement "to the Sunnis in general and the followers of the Islamic Party in particular" - the party, whose spiritual leader is Mohsen Abdul-Hamid, is the biggest political movement for Sunni Arabs in Iraq.

"Where are you being led to? Don't you fear God?" he asked.

No wonder Zarqawi feels confident of victory, he and his group inflicted 40,000 soldiers and Marines dead which forced America to withdraw.
I wonder how he manage to reach that number...

Mod Edit: New External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 10/1/2006 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 08:27 PM
link   
What a complete idiot. He can't even keep his exaggeration to even a moderately believable level. A good indicator that he be a bit desperate though.

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 08:33 PM
link   
You know doesn't seem kind of funny that Zarqawi still have a voice in Iraq?

I mean really, a Jordanian men supposedly link to a lesser group under Al-qaida tag as a Sunni, when in reality Sunnis from Iraq will not relate to him because he is an outsider and a "Trouble Maker".

I wonder as why this man still gets the attention of the Press.

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

I wonder as why this man still gets the attention of the Press.

Cause the press loves him. Good news is bad news. Bad news is good news for the press. Not to mention any good news is boring. Chaos is what they love to show to the world. Why you think Osama, Zarqawi or Zawahiri talk to the news.... just for fun?

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 08:47 PM
link   
You know the creation and relation of Zarqawi with Al-qaida seemed to sprout when US was having a hard time in Iraq with the insurgency.

He has been capture, released, founded, lost again and still he is somewhere able to feed the media, I find it a littler bit suspicious.

Don't you think.

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 08:52 PM
link   

You know the creation and relation of Zarqawi with Al-qaida seemed to sprout when US was having a hard time in Iraq with the insurgency.

He has been capture, released, founded, lost again and still he is somewhere able to feed the media, I find it a littler bit suspicious.

Don't you think.

Nobody is perfect. Even for the Iraqi police who released him in the first place. Remember what happened in Afghanistan that a couple of wanted prisoners escaped in a supposedly maxed prison camp under the noses of the U.S. guards? Also, the creation of Zarqawi is himself since he begged for Osama's recognition for his group in Iraq. Not the U.S. Osama praised Zarqawi. Not the U.S. Back then many Iraqis claim he is a myth. But now we have Muslims in Iraq and even Jordan who condemned Zarqawi for the attacks on them. Go figure.

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 08:57 PM
link   
See you agree with me, I am glad that you have your information right, I have been reading on Zarqawi and to tell you the truth sometimes I think he was onces real but has turn into a myth.

Supposedly he was inviting Al-qaida to fight the US invasion but then you most ask, why does he needs to invite Al-qaida when Al-qaida will invite himself.

That tells you that he and his groups were not very close to Al-qaida at all.

Don't you think? Why will he needed support from them when supposedly he had support from Iraqis insurgents. I wonder.

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Sounds to me like the press trying to get a story by making up a person and giving it a name, face, etc. but one that never existed. I know 40k "soldiers" are not dead but there is over 30k wounded total.

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 09:08 PM
link   

That tells you that he and his groups were not very close to Al-qaida at all.

Don't you think? Why will he needed support from them when supposedly he had support from Iraqis insurgents. I wonder.

Because he is well known, since he started talking to the news organization and wants Al Qaida to recognize him, if the sympathizers around the world know Osama and they hear Osama about recognizing Zarqawi, it makes sense to get notice and Al Qaida supporters will support Zarqawi now. Kind of like a gang.

The Iraqi insurgents don't like him, but they still have to live with him. But its known that the insurgents hope to deal with him later but now is not the time since Zarqawi has brought many of his followers from around the world to Iraq now.

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vekar
Sounds to me like the press trying to get a story by making up a person and giving it a name, face, etc. but one that never existed. I know 40k "soldiers" are not dead but there is over 30k wounded total.

The press didnt make up the story. They printed out what they got from his quotes and other statements he made. He exists of course. Otherwise, he wouldnt be having a family that is disowning him just recently.

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 09:38 PM
link   

What a complete idiot. He can't even keep his exaggeration to even a moderately believable level.

You know what the sad part is? Some people will still believe that statement.

I know 40k "soldiers" are not dead but there is over 30k wounded total.

Umm... you really need to stop making up numbers, the total wounded is no where near that high.

[edit on 10-1-2006 by WestPoint23]

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Calculate for both wars, Afghanistan, AND Iraq. I think the US govt. is not realeasing the real numbers none the less add both wars up including those who suffer from DU exposure that causes mutations and other illnesses.

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Calculate for both wars, Afghanistan, AND Iraq. I think the US govt. is not realeasing the real numbers none the less add both wars up including those who suffer from DU exposure that causes mutations and other illnesses.

You talking about civilian casualties only? Or both?

posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 07:41 AM
link   

So the man dosnt exsist, but his casualty reports arent far off? What the holy hell are you talking about? Which is it?

It is really amazing to me the amount of people who beleive things that have been proven false.

[edit on 11-1-2006 by Dronetek]

posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Maybe its a code?
A signal?

did anyone stop to think of that?

posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Does anybody really knows from where Sarqawi really came from or how US has make him such a well known figure after Bin-laden was a no show.

It's amazing, it actually started with Colling power selling to the UN the WMDs, all by a very questionable leak, than prove to be false but still it made it to the media as true.

Sarqawi became enemy number two for the US after that.

posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Does anybody really knows from where Sarqawi really came from or how US has make him such a well known figure after Bin-laden was a no show.

Sarqawi became enemy number two for the US after that.

Sarqawi as you call him...
was known for the first time by the U.S. for his assassination of an American diplomat in Jordan I believe in 2002. Zarqawi was born in Jordan in a place called Zarqa hence the name Zarqawi after that. He met Bin Laden in Afghanistan in response to the Soviet invasion of Afghanistan. Also he was known to be in Afghanistan again after the 9/11 attacks and to fight of the American led coalition in Afghanistan. If you are asking why the U.S. is making Zarqawi as a very well known figure, makes you wonder why we made Osama as a well known figure.

posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy
If you are asking why the U.S. is making Zarqawi as a very well known figure, makes you wonder why we made Osama as a well known figure.

And the worst thing is that both of them are very elusive figures and still on the lose, sometimes all these facts kind of make you wonder at least it does to me.

posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy
If you are asking why the U.S. is making Zarqawi as a very well known figure, makes you wonder why we made Osama as a well known figure.

And the worst thing is that both of them are very elusive figures and still on the lose, sometimes all these facts kind of make you wonder at least it does to me.

Actually when you consider that both are getting a tremendous amount of help from certain countries and individuals then it is not so hard to understand. America does not have the infrastructure on the ground in the Middle east to successfully track them down. We have to rely on the intelligence of others and we all know where that has gotten us! It is like finding a needle in a haystack, when the farmer keeps moving the haystack.

posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 11:49 AM
link   
I always said that if bin-laden is alive he is hiding in Pakistan, Pakistan will keep him safe, even if they claim to be helping US into looking for him.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join