It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does anyone care about the Liberal Party?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Is anyone paying attention to the Liberal Party election? Anyone actually heard of any charismatic folk in the Liberal Party? Will the Liberals stop and fall into mediocrity again after they cloak and daggered Charles Kennedy?

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Here's a one word answer:

No.

At first I just watched the news and then thought "Well they'll never get elected in anyway, so there's no point."

posted on Mar, 31 2006 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Id rather them than the tories or ´labour´.

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 01:30 PM
link   
in local elections...
They are the only ones who seem to care...
They write a lovely local newsletter that told me how they had improved the grass verge in front of my house.

To be honest they are the closest to my political view point, the tories and labour are shambolic at best.

Dan

posted on Apr, 22 2006 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Whether or not you like the Liberal’s masup was right when he said "they'll never get elected in anyway". This is true. Murdoch's press hates them. How can anyone win an election without the support of the Sun, Star, Times, News of the World? Or perhaps Sky News (but defiantly not fox news).

People may say people who tolerate his media are often intellectually stupid. I say so what? If people are paying money to buy newspapers there is a good chance they will pay the petrol money to vote. In any case if you ever read "the Sun Says" you will realise how vulnerable to propaganda you are. Read it and you do not realise what they "neglect" to mention. That is the best type of propaganda because everyone is effectively misled by what they do not know.

All said I do care about the Liberal Party, as far as they could have been (and perhaps someday will be) a good opposition to the government. But their election was weird. Not only did very few MP’s put their names up, but those that did tendered to be of very bad character. Interestingly enough to realise it was a daily star reporter who court one of their top candidates in bed with a toy boy, even though he was a married man. And they say you can’t trust a politician!!! Do government politicians really wonder why they are hated? Or do they wonder why they are not hated enough?
The Lib Dem election campaign could never have been good un less the right people had stood. So in some ways I guess Rupert Murdoch’s press performed a service. They showed up the bad selection of men.

Sadly though in many ways Ming is still the party’s caretaker. Some day he will die of old age and the party will need a knew selection of would be leaders. When that time comes (and it could be 5 minutes away) let's hope the LibDems come up with a champion. That said LibDem conditions are currently quite good. Many people may vote them for not being Labour or Conservative.

[edit on 090705 by Liberal1984]

posted on Apr, 23 2006 @ 06:37 AM
link   
From a purely selfish point of view, they don't offer me anything of any interest. The way I believe the current social climate of the country is in, and heading towards, I don't think they'd help in this department either.

posted on Apr, 28 2006 @ 02:31 AM
link   
They have the most appealing policies, and up until Charles Kennedy was "offed" I thought the whole 'Outfit' looked ready to start playing in the "big boy's Yard". But now, the press, public and the party itself has ensured it took a step back and will once again be the noisy onlooker in the elections.

I think Liberal1984's post was excellent, and I completely agree with it. I too still care about the Lib Dems, sadly I don't see any way of changing their situatuation, while the two party "rotating dictatorship" is still being pushed in equal measures by equally influencial media outlets.

Don't vote Labour or Conservative in the upcoming local elections! Show the government that we won't be goaded into voting by propoganda (Dave the Chameleon? Kettles? Pots? Black?) or by party controlled media. Who am I kidding, it's Labour again, isn't it? Well, one day things could change.....but I'm not sure if it'll be the Liberal Democrats who break the chain.

[edit on 28-4-2006 by chebob]

new topics

top topics

join