It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bomb Defused At San Francisco Starbucks

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 10:38 PM
link   
An explosive device that was found in a San Francisco Starbucks has been defused after the store and surrounding apartments in the building were evacuated. Police say that about 100 people were evacuated after an employee found the device in the stores bathroom. The device was defused after an hour and people were allowed back into the area. The store remained closed while the investigation continued.

news.yahoo.com
SAN FRANCISCO - Police defused an explosive device found in the bathroom of a Starbucks on Monday. No one was injured.

Authorities were called around 1:15 p.m., after an employee reported finding something suspicious in the store's bathroom. About 100 people were evacuated from the store and apartments above it, and the street was closed to traffic, said Sgt. Neville Gittens.

"This was a good device. If it had exploded, it would have caused injuries or damage," said Gittens, who would not describe its size.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Well this one is a hard one to call. It could be a terrorist attack or just someone who really doesn’t like starbucks. I guess well just have to see after the investigation is finished.

CNN.com

[edit on 9-1-2006 by North Rider]

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Well since this isnt really news "worthy" of ATSNN for some reason Ill add that Police have a suspect in custody. Foamy the squirrel was picked up shortly after the incident for questioning. Police are using previous interactions with starbucks employees as a motive.

Link has some bad launguage

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 07:45 PM
link   
My guess is that someone has finally had enough with the prices at places like Starbucks. Either that, or the mind-blowing length of the menu.

These days if you ask for a straight-up coffee they look at you like you're speaking Greek. That's why I get my coffee at Dunkin' Donuts! Good, old-fashioned cheap American joe!

I must add that if this becomes a regular occurance at Starbucks it'll be pretty ironic to see the frightening world of IED's being brought into the lives of the left-wing, anti-war Starbucks yuppies!

I'd put someone like Juan Valdez at the top of the suspect list. With places like Starbucks popping up on every corner of America it must be hurting his business. I heard he already had to pawn his donkey!

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 08:48 PM
link   
This was well written North Rider. ...Next time you submit, maybe add a bit more commentary at the end, and focus on the conspiracy angle?

Good job tho. Keep trying.

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 08:51 PM
link   
How dare somebody blow up my favorite places for coffee.

I can not live without my toffee nut latte

Now they have the Cinnamon Dulce latte and I tell you is to die for.

But not been blown

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Hey Marg, meet me at Dilworth Coffeehouse.. I swear I'm craving a Blended Ice Mocha.

If someone blows up a high end coffee shop these days, who can much blame them? I got hooked on those stupid adult vanilla milkshakes and now I pay like $4.50 for one! That's insane!!!!

[edit on 1/10/06 by EastCoastKid]

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by EastCoastKid
I got hooked on those stupid adult vanilla milkshakes and now I pay like $4.50 for one! That's insane!!!!

[edit on 1/10/06 by EastCoastKid]

I got a card so I get free venti coffees all the time
But really why look at the price when you are enjoying something that is truly good.

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
But really why look at the price when you are enjoying something that is truly good.

If the Dairy Queen was closer, I'd gladly give them $1 or $1.75 or whatever it is, for a milkshake instead.

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 09:15 PM
link   
This in insane; $4.50 for a Vanilla Mocha shake?

What has the world come to...

Deep

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 09:28 PM
link   
The police just released a picutre of a person of interest; why can't they just call them suspects.

SFPD Release Picture of Person of Interest

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 09:32 PM
link   
starbucks is a ripoff. Wawas have just as good coffee IMO for much much cheaper

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 09:39 PM
link   
That right there is a good reason to do what I do and put my money right in Juans pocket and brew it at home. Straight up no cream no sugar no sissified mocha milkshakes. Straight up black hot coffee.

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 09:42 PM
link   
I once heard an old-timer order "coffee flavored coffee" They just wanted a cup of cofffee.

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 09:46 PM
link   
We make it at work and sell it for 20 cents a cup.

We totally undersell the copy desk.

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Thanks for the props... So i guess the suspect wasnt foamy the squirrel after all.

I will also endevor to come up with a conspiricy for every piece of news i come across. I personally think its just some wackjob that has a grudge against yuppie starbucks drinkers and the company.

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 09:58 PM
link   

I personally think its just some wackjob that has a grudge against yuppie starbucks drinkers and the company.

That put me square on the suspect list(even though I'm about 3,000 miles away).

BOHICA you accusing me of bein old?

[edit on 1/10/06 by longhaircowboy]

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Hello Longhaircowboy,

In answer to your question, no I am not accusing you of being old. Maybe of being as wise as an old-timer, but certainly not old.

Actually, it was an older relative I was treating to their first Starbucks coffee experience. They too were not into all the flavors, cremes, froth, soy, non-fat, etc. When they placed their order, I thought it was the best.

By the way, I also take mine hot and black; no sugar or cream.

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Well.. since we're getting all personal..

I take my coffee with cream.

Over and out.

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Cream is coffee is cool. One thing I cannot get used to is cream in tea. Yikes! What's that like (or about)?

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Cream in tea? Never heard of that. But then I dont hang at starbucks cause I'm a suspect in the bombing attempt.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join