It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bomb Defused At San Francisco Starbucks

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 11:04 PM
link   
How do you take your coffee...

No wonder someone got antsy and laid a firecracker..

Where is this thread going? Just curious?

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Perhaps it was a roving band of militant conservatives:

BUSINESS: Conservatives Angry at Starbucks Over Cup Quotes

Or perhaps something far more sinister:

The Starbuck's Experiment - Just to see.

But someone upset with the prices does seem the most likely...that place is a rip-off, I'll never understand why it always is full of people tripping over each other to pay $5 for a medium coffee. :shk:

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 11:33 PM
link   
That's what I'm saying, man. It's gotta be some angry white male. Sick to his gillsof paying $5 per cup and still not getting any.

It gets 'em every time.

The scary thing is, I've actually known a coffeehouse guy that could fit that profile.

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Thats my main complaint. Ya get a cup full of foam and a gram or 2 of caffeine. (btw I used to live in Asheville NC) There was a recent article in the local news about college kids runnin up their credit cards at the local Starbucks. Then throw them student loans in. OW.

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 11:57 PM
link   
I wanna know right now why a cup of so-called coffee should be $4.50?!

Can anyone explain that to me - logically?!

There is no logical explanation!

Its really sad when you think of the suffering going on in countries all over the world.

Sorry - I don't mean to get all missionary!

It's just insane.

posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Starbucks charges $4.50 for a cup of coffee because it can. It is what the market will bear.

Starbucks is not selling coffee. It is selling self-esteem, the sense of being with the "in" crowd, maybe you want to look smart (huh?), or how about successful, or just pick any one of the many human psychological needs that labels seek to fill.

If all consumers wanted was a good cup of coffee, they could find it somewhere else and at a much cheaper price.

Hey, I couldn't help but notice the logo on your shirt as you flashed your Starbucks cardboard cup.

posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 12:19 AM
link   
I reject that silly high school X.. that labels carry.

Like I said, we make coffee at work & sell it for 20 cents a cup. It's great coffee, too.

I go down to our neighborhood corporate coffee house once, maybe two times a week and get a iced mocha. Its good. But the price is insane.

posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 12:26 AM
link   
You obviously don't need what Starbucks has to offer. However, could we interest you in this (pick one: foreign, expensive, luxury, hip, politically correct/incorrect) automobile. It will bring you all (we have been pushing on TV) you don't have and desperately want in your life.

Not interested. How about our calling plan. Isn't it time you had that heartfelt talk with your parent figure?

Still not interested. Careful, they'll start calling you a communist or worse, a terrorist.

posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Thankfully I got enough self esteem to avoid all that nonsense. Won't catch me with one of them cups in my hand.
Am I still a suspect?

posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 12:43 AM
link   
$4.50 . . . hmmm . . . I just figured out why they call it latte . . . 'cause it costs a la tte money!

posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 02:50 AM
link   
I think it was someone that was upset about the fact that when standing in front of a Starbucks, if you turn around, there's another Starbucks behind you.
And at least two more within two miles of that location.

posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 03:44 AM
link   
please whatever you do dont call that piss at starbucks "coffee", becouse its not

my guess is this was an anti globalist "protest" kind of bomb, if there even was one

[edit on 11-1-2006 by nukunuku]

posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 04:01 AM
link   
Starbucks coffee sux .. Tim Hortons coffee rules

Actually the coffee at Starbucks is quite good id have to say. I only tried it a few times but I was impressed, and I agree most people go to starbucks because of the image it projects. Sometimes you can sit down at a table and just watch the people that go in and out of that place and its quite funny.

The main thing that sets your .20 cent coffee apart from the 4.50 is the quality. Its usually always good for 4.50.

posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 04:15 AM
link   
Update.

www.cnn.com...

SAN FRANCISCO, California (AP) -- A 44-year-old man was arrested Tuesday night on suspicion of planting an explosive device in the bathroom of a Starbucks coffee shop, police said.

Ronald Schouten of San Francisco was being held in San Francisco County jail on an unrelated drug charge, police spokesman Dewayne Tully said.

Sorry to have to get this thread back on topic...

[edit on 11-1-2006 by North Rider]

posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 10:58 AM
link   
People, people I gladly pay 10 dollars for a steamy frothy cup of coffee at starbuck with lots of sprinkles and whipped cream.

If I can afford it I will pay it, and how dare anybody tell me how to spend my money, Is my god given constitutional right in this country

Please leave Starbuck alone.

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by North Rider
The main thing that sets your .20 cent coffee apart from the 4.50 is the quality. Its usually always good for 4.50.

Well, now.. that depends on one's taste. I actually prefer regular coffee to all that pricey high test X. Like I said before, I like the adult milk shakes they offer, but that's about it.

I go to Stabucks next to never. I find the people who go there to be a largely vaccuous crowd.

Give me a good old-fashioned independent coffeehouse or cafe, anyday over coffeecorp. It's so bad here, I'm about this_far_away from opening my own bar/grill. I am for real.

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
People, people I gladly pay 10 dollars for a steamy frothy cup of coffee at starbuck with lots of sprinkles and whipped cream.

Marg is a closet elitist.

You learn something new everyday.

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 01:07 AM
link   
There was no bomb.

www.cnn.com...

The police claimed to have disarmed it, but it contained no explosive material. Just a flashlight folks.

So what happened? The press had a field day with this one.

Once more, for clarity, there was no bomb. It was just a flashlight in a bathroom stall.

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rasputin13
My guess is that someone has finally had enough with the prices at places like Starbucks. Either that, or the mind-blowing length of the menu.

These days if you ask for a straight-up coffee they look at you like you're speaking Greek. That's why I get my coffee at Dunkin' Donuts! Good, old-fashioned cheap American joe!

Pfew! If Starbucks really too fancy for you or what? Boy, you're really deep in the mainstream trash if that's so! Starbucks is the Wal Mart of coffee shops in my book... not fancy for a dime, just plain commercial crap for the old ladies and underpaid, mistreatened employees (DD is quite the same in a way but trashier).

[edit on 13/1/06 by Echtelion]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join