It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who Created Stonehenge?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 05:21 AM
link   
[

-the midsummer sunrise, midwinter sunset, and furthest points of moonrise and moonset meet at right angles ONLY at the latitude of Stonehenge.

This indicates that Stonehendge incorporated both a solar calendar & lunar calendar in its design and the Lunar aspect can only be sighted accurately if the site is located where it is, no where else on the globe will this work.

The only figure in history to institute a solar & lunar calendar was Thoth (The Moon God)or Hermes as he was known to the later Greeks and his involvement with these calendars in Egypt date very close to the time of stonehendge's construction. The reason for this is that the "gods" of Sumer each had a reign allocated for them to rule the world or a part thereof and this sort of relates to ages as in the age of Aquarius & so forth and came down to a period of about 2200 years each. The problem with this is that it is very difficult to plot the start & end of these periods with a calendar such as the one we use today but since the reigns would be based on equal divisions of the cycle of precession an astronomical calendar would fit the bill.

The respected author Zecharia Sitchin has researched this subject to a very convincing degree and his recearch pertaining to Stonehendge is the most comprehensive and convincing argument I have yet heard from anyone that has taken the time to analyse this enigmatic structure and is well worth investigating.

In fact six of his books known collectively as the "Earth Cronicles" should serve as an compendium of world history & be incorporated in every nations school syllabus & tought to every scholar instead of the crap our future generations are being indoctrinated into.

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gmall101

-the midsummer sunrise, midwinter sunset, and furthest points of moonrise and moonset meet at right angles ONLY at the latitude of Stonehenge.

This indicates that Stonehendge incorporated both a solar calendar & lunar calendar in its design and the Lunar aspect can only be sighted accurately if the site is located where it is, no where else on the globe will this work.

The only figure in history to institute a solar & lunar calendar was Thoth (The Moon God)or Hermes as he was known to the later Greeks and his involvement with these calendars in Egypt date very close to the time of stonehendge's construction. The reason for this is that the "gods" of Sumer each had a reign allocated for them to rule the world or a part thereof and this sort of relates to ages as in the age of Aquarius & so forth and came down to a period of about 2200 years each. The problem with this is that it is very difficult to plot the start & end of these periods with a calendar such as the one we use today but since the reigns would be based on equal divisions of the cycle of precession an astronomical calendar would fit the bill.

The respected author Zecharia Sitchin has researched this subject to a very convincing degree and his recearch pertaining to Stonehendge is the most comprehensive and convincing argument I have yet heard from anyone that has taken the time to analyse this enigmatic structure and is well worth investigating.

In fact six of his books known collectively as the "Earth Cronicles" should serve as an compendium of world history & be incorporated in every nations school syllabus & tought to every scholar instead of the crap our future generations are being indoctrinated into.

I agree completely with what you just said

I wonder if Zecharia Stichen was a prophet sent by the annunaki?

Does the bible say anything about Zecharia returning in the future? That would be incredible.

[edit on 10-1-2006 by MagicPriest420]

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 06:31 AM
link   

midsummer sunrise, midwinter sunset, and furthest points of moonrise and moonset meet at right angles ONLY at the latitude of Stonehenge.

Care to explain this? Right angle?

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 07:21 AM
link   
In my opinion Stonehenge might just as well be the creation of Romans.
Britain is "littered" with Roman sites and towns, and Stonehenge is in close proximity of a majority of the sites, such as Bath.
I am far from a historic architecture expert, but there are some resemblances. Romans loved their circular designs and the use of pillars. Use some imagination and Stonehenge could be a miniature coliseum? Maybe some sort off "temple" or "altar" for one of the Roman gods?

There are just two things against my theory.
Timeline. Romans colonised around 40 A.D. - at the most. Stonehenge may be dated back to 3200 B.C.
The lack of Mosaic or other Roman works of art. (But there are ways to explain this one away.)

Is that it? Is the carbon dating all that stands in the way of my theory? Damn.

Top 30 Roman Digs
Roman Heritage Trail

(Or maybe the Gauls created it. Doesn't Obelix always carry around some similar obelisks?) ...

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Not impossible for a crowd that considered the Earth to be flat.....

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gmall101

It means it's specific to the lattitude. Shift it across the ocean (still on the same latitude) and erect it, and you'll see that same phenomina occuring. There are many multipurpose ancient calendars around -- here at Painted Rocks in Texas is another solar calendar and it is sighted accurately for its latitude. There are literally thousands of similar examples.

The only figure in history to institute a solar & lunar calendar was Thoth (The Moon God)or Hermes as he was known to the later Greeks and his involvement with these calendars in Egypt date very close to the time of stonehendge's construction.

Sitchin really mangles history. I don't think he's even looking for the information any longer. He just "channels" it from somewhere, and it's really wrong.

Ancient Egyptians had orignally a lunar calendar, but developed the solar calendar based on the rising of the star, Sirius, in about 4500 BC. This is long before Stonehenge was built: webexhibits.org...

The reason for this is that the "gods" of Sumer each had a reign allocated for them to rule the world or a part thereof and this sort of relates to ages as in the age of Aquarius & so forth and came down to a period of about 2200 years each.

Sumerian gods ruled cities. Not "parts of the world." There's no 2200 year cycle, either in the Sumerian calendar. It's a simple lunar calendar of 12 months with 30 days each and a feast period that isn't a month.

At least, this is what the calendars of the ancient Sumerians and Babylonians and Egyptians and Greeks indicate. We have a number of them around (and you can learn to read the language for yourself and see the original artifacts if you like.)

Calendars and inscriptions on temple and palace walls and the records of feasts and so forth left by these ancient civilizations constantly contradict the things presented by Sitchin. Their prayers and incantations (again, you can learn to read the languages for yourself... I've managed to learn some Egyptian) talk about the gods very specifically, and they recorded many stories and songs about the gods, also.

And all of that contradicts Sitchin, too.

Go look at the original material and learn to do a little bit of translating for yourself. Don't rely on Sitchin. I'm not sure that he believes his own stuff any longer.

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 10:00 AM
link   
I did not say that it was a sumerian calendar or cycle, it was a cycle of 26000 years divided by 12 allocating each house a period to reign mankind for about 2166 years respectively and had no relation to the sumerians or their calendar but was used as a reference for the Annunaki. I mentioned Sitchin in relation to his work on stonehendge and I draw from an ecclectic range of sources and am not a Sitchin zealot by far. You analyze all available from all sources and after a while a pattern emerges and the rest is ignored.

I totally agree with you on the ancient translations & do collect translations of ancient manuscripts and as of yet none of them were translated by Sitchin, most way before his time. I have been to Egypt to check it out myself and yes it is an easy lanuage however I believe the giza necropolis was a legacy the ancient egyptians inherited and as such no amount of hyroglyphics found anywhere in egypt will reveal the origin or tecnique employed to construct these structures nor the purposes of these devices in their entirety as Zahi Hawass's ancestors were not around when they were constructed or opted to ignore and obscure all pre dynastic references of the time when the gods ruled that land.

As for learning cuniform that can wait till i'm old and bored enough, right now there is still too much to work through.

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Gmall101, where do you get that idea from? The whole "cycle of 26000 years" which I have never seen any credible person mention...

P.S: When talking about Ancient Civilisations, it is worthwhile to know the language. Really can help you out...

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by vietifulJoe

midsummer sunrise, midwinter sunset, and furthest points of moonrise and moonset meet at right angles ONLY at the latitude of Stonehenge.

Care to explain this? Right angle?

I did a look on the internet for a picture to explain this. I found one here (the first image on that page shows it)

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 08:50 PM
link   
You just can't really be 100% sure until you go back in time because whoever built this they left no calling card.

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gemwolf
In my opinion Stonehenge might just as well be the creation of Romans.
Britain is "littered" with Roman sites and towns, and Stonehenge is in close proximity of a majority of the sites, such as Bath.
I am far from a historic architecture expert, but there are some resemblances. Romans loved their circular designs and the use of pillars. Use some imagination and Stonehenge could be a miniature coliseum? Maybe some sort off "temple" or "altar" for one of the Roman gods?

There are just two things against my theory.
Timeline. Romans colonised around 40 A.D. - at the most. Stonehenge may be dated back to 3200 B.C.
The lack of Mosaic or other Roman works of art. (But there are ways to explain this one away.)

Is that it? Is the carbon dating all that stands in the way of my theory? Damn.

Top 30 Roman Digs
Roman Heritage Trail

(Or maybe the Gauls created it. Doesn't Obelix always carry around some similar obelisks?) ...

would have been a one time creation then nothing else attributed to roman engineers looks like stonehenge , and then as you mentionned , the age makes it doubtful to say the least. Last but not least most roman buildings were actually brick buildings .Megalithic monuments can be found all across Europe though , and it is widely recognised that the Etruscans hadn`t thought about founding Rome at the time of the megaliths construction.A few attempts have been made at recreating the construction of these monuments , one of them i saw on a BBC show in which a team managed to transport a similar sized blue stone (stonehenge outer ring) on a raft made of two dugout canoe and a simple platform.

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 03:56 AM
link   
I dont think the Romans built them. Sure they used colums but they were totally different. Romans were just copying greece who was copying middle east.

Stonehenges/menhirs/dolmens are trait of interesting culture of ancient europe that was culturally assimilated and then subsequently destroyed by greece and rome, which is why we have no answers today.

btw there are mehirs and dolmens in south america aplenty (the east west aligned Pedro Pentina in the amazon is way cooler then stonehenge), and some 4000 of them on the algerian coast in africa. There are actually standing stones similiar to stonehenge in the pacific islands and even australia but none of them as complex or interesting as stonehenge.....

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 04:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hvitserk
would have been a one time creation then nothing else attributed to roman engineers looks like stonehenge , and then as you mentionned , the age makes it doubtful to say the least. Last but not least most roman buildings were actually brick buildings .

Originally posted by mosca
I dont think the Romans built them. Sure they used colums but they were totally different. Romans were just copying greece who was copying middle east.

Sigh... Why does the facts always mess up my theories?

But speaking of the Romans... The Romans spent many years in that region... Are there no records of Stonehenge in the Roman culture, or the British Roman history to be specific?

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 11:57 AM
link   
I was under the impression that they already figured out who invented them. O_o;

It was most likely the Celts that did, since they were the first known inhabitants of Brittania(Or am I wrong?)

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by DragonsDemesne
I did a look on the internet for a picture to explain this. I found one here (the first image on that page shows it)

We can create all shapes with this on any place on earth. But this does not make a sense because earth shifts.

I do believe that there is something extraordinary with Stonehenge position, but I do not believe that this is it.

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kacen
I was under the impression that they already figured out who invented them. O_o;

It was most likely the Celts that did, since they were the first known inhabitants of Brittania(Or am I wrong?)

Originally posted by Tamahu
According to 19th-Century Masonic-Rosicrucian and said to be authentic-Druid, Godfrey Higgins; it was built by Kush-ite (pre-Shakyamuni)Buddhists from the Indus-Kush(India).

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Originally posted by Tamahu

Freemasonry and the Druids

More: members.tripod.com...

BOOK I - CHAPTER IV

Page 59

In my Essay on The Celtic Druids, I have shewn, that a great nation called Celtæ, of whom the Druids were the priests, spread themselves almost over the whole earth, and are to be traced in their rude gigantic monuments from India to the extremities of Britain. Who these can have been but the early individuals of the black nation of whom we have been treating I know not, and in this opinion I am not singular. The learned Maurice says, "Cuthites, i. e. Celts, built the great temples in India and Britain, and excavated the caves of the former."* And the learned Mathematician, Reuben Burrow, has no hesitation in pronouncing Stonehenge to be a temple of the black, curly-headed Buddha.

Godfrey Higgins is considered an authoritative source(at least for his time) in many authentic esoteric circles.

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 08:14 PM
link   
it was an out post of the borders of atlantis
at least that is what i think .

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Stonehenge was built by our own species, as was every monument on the planet. We are the only species to have built anything that has no immediate practical value. And by the way, I don't consider any of the celestial observation and calendar functions that have been attributed to Stonehenge as having practical value. The same number of logs and such would have accomplished the same thing, if such is true.

[edit on 2006/1/13 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 10:29 PM
link   
In my oppinion, stonehenge, the pyramids and the giants of easter island were built by the nephilim. The halfbreed angel and human giants in the bible. The bible doesnt say exactly what they did but it did say "they were the men of fame the men of reknown" so they did something amazing to be called that. Human skeletons have been found that are 12 feet to 20 feet in length. Believed to be the remains of the nephilim killed by the flood of noahs day. the bible describes the time before the flood as "the >world< was full of evil and nephlim. so they pretty much were all across the globe. And being so full of evil, enough to cause the anger of god to wipe off every living creature except noah and his family i imagine the nephilim were conducting evil acts sacrifices an such and the oddities like stonehenge and the giants of easter island have a definate magical meaning.

just imagine a 20 foot tall being with the intelligence of an angel and heart of pure evil. they possesed incredible strenght and 2 of them could probably do what would take 50 men to do......like lift huge stones and place them on top of each other

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 11:51 PM
link   
How about the ones found in Miami circa 98? Very similar. I think humans could have built them but those stones are HEAVY! Maybe lost technology based on simple principles.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join