It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Interesting show in the UK this monday

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 01:44 PM
link   

"Good people do good things, evil people do evil things. But good people are doing evil things because of religion."

Wow, thats a really interesting way of looking at it. They seem to be saying, without religion, the good will do good, the bad will do bad, but when religion is thrown in, you have a lot of people, who are basically good, but they've been caught up in religious fallacies that they end up doing bad things.

Because each religion or any religion isn't necessarilly good or bad, its, in the end, a complicating factor.

IOW, without the religion, some of the people who're good but think that something wrong is being done because of religion, they might end up doing something bad to set things right with religion.

Interesting.

However, this ignores the idea that there is truth to at least some religions, and it also seems contradictory. If humans are either good or bad (or even if there are some people that are good and others that are bad, and others that are mixes), then how is religion really going to make a difference? If a person is truly good, then religion can't change that. And if a person is just a regular person who is influencable by religion, well, what if they were influenced by something else in the absence of religion?
And if religion can make some good people do bad things, then why can't it make bad people do good things?

Intersting.

I can see how it'd fit into the idea that the NWO or Illuminati want to 'destroy all religions' too.

[edit on 10-1-2006 by Nygdan]

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 06:46 PM
link   
people have hijacked religion to do evil, end of story

the positives of religion far outweigh the bad imo

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Peyres
people have hijacked religion to do evil, end of story

True, and these certainly aren't good people to begin with, which is what the show seems to suggest (good people are doing evil things because of religion).

If good people are doing evil things, they are possibly just idiots, but more likely not good people in the first place. But no, let's let them off the hook for their evil deeds and blame it on religion? What a stretch of the imagination.

Got a link to the show or anything?

posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Was that the "Root of all evil" program? I missed it, but I don't know if it is on again?

It was advertised with a picture of new york with the Twin Towers still there wasn't it?

posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 10:21 AM
link   
I am kind of
about this one!
The one thing I don't like about Christan religion is that If you don't do it this way baptist, or jehovah wetness that way, you are going to hell they say.
Each one wont you to do it that there way or you get to burn in hell for it!
Religion has been the biggest start of war throughout history! I believe in God! but I am not a church going person. I don't wish to go on with this.
I think I would be going off what is being asked here.

posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Yeh, it is "Root of all evil" and it will be on again.

The Show
The guy in it did have some good points though. But the people he interviewed seemed to be a bit arrogant and they weren't really willing to listen to the opposing view.

posted on Jan, 14 2006 @ 12:35 PM
link   
thats the root of the problem. Some people out there think they have everything figured out when they are watching corporate media.

It's definately not mainstream to think outside the box.

top topics

join