It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bohemian Grove Myths/Facts

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Ok, first of all I do have some valid credentials for knowing something about the Bohemian Grove. My father used to attend BG gatherings, I have a close friend who's father was a member and I also have another close friend who has spent much time researching the truth about the BG. Also, I lived only 4 miles away from the BG and knew many people who actually had worked there in the summers. Further, I organized the annual protest against the BG one summer and came into contact with folks who know some of what's going on. Following are the facts of what I know:

- The 40 foot statue of the owl is just that, a statue. No one worships it. I honestly do not remember if the owl is Moloch or not but it is either Moloch or nothing in particular. It is definetely not Athena. There is a ritual done where the men wear red robes in front of the owl and it is called "The Cremation of Care" (which BTW is NOT an ancient rite. The ritual comes from a comic strip ( can't remember the name) from the early part of 20th century, that has a character called "Dull Care". The ritual is the ONLY one done at the Grove and it is ostensibly to shed the heavy cares they carry about their worldly responsibilities for the several weeks that they are at the BG. The circle is not finished, it is left open, every year, for those of you who know what that means...

- There are many different camps with odd names. Both G W Bush and Poppy Bush are members, their camp is called "The Hillbilly Camp". I have seen the rosters that list attendees for every year for the last 25 years. I have seen with my own eyes (as well as read numerous MS news articles that confirm this) that the Bushes are members as were/are Gerald Ford, Nixon, Ronald Reagan, Rumsfeld, Cheney, various CEO's of huge corporations such as Bechtel, other high muckety muck politicians such as George Schultz and other former cabinet members, and also some artists, movie stars and musicians who are well known, such as Danny Glover and Mickey Hart. I will try to look in my files and dig up some other names.

- Alex Jones claims about the tapes of the Grove he's made are false. They do NOT sacrifice/eat babies or any other humans. If you've seen the film that was an effigy of a baby, not a real one. Alex Jones is something of a sensationalist. There are more objective journalistic accounts available, such as Peter Phillips, who teaches at Sonoma State (his dissertation was about the BG).

- Why is the BG so feared? Because policy IS made there. That is where Ronald Reagan and Nixon made the deal that Nixon would run for prez in '72 and Reagan would run in '80, which is what happened. They have Lakeside Talks, given by well-known policymakers, CEO's and politicians about various policies. I have seen the topics discussed and oddly enough, 10 years later, these "suggested" policies become actual policies in the real world. (nuclear rearming is a good example of this, we are now rearming again - that talk was given about 12 years ago or so.) Policy is made BEHIND CLOSED doors, without the input of the public. This is most undemocratic.

- They hire prostitues, both male and female. I had one as a client when I was a therapist years ago. Also, I have met the owner of the Northwoods Inn, which is where the guys go each evening after the festivities, to get a prostitute. THe owner actually acts as a madam, hiring some of the prostitutes and allowing them to hang out at the inn's restaurant. The local police BTW fully know about this and turn a blind eye. I know this for a fact, because I was at a meeting with the police and the Inn's owner. Also, lots of drugs are used, especially Ecstasy (got this directly from a guy that worked there who saw this himself).

- Every year, the folks who organizfe the annual protest in front of the BG, do a "Resurrection of Care" ritual to reverse the damage that the Cremation of Care does.

- There are also lots of plays that are put on by the members where men dress up as women alot.

There are probably several other things I'm forgetting to mention right now, but if anyone has questions about the BG I will be happy to answer from what I know.

- Forestlady

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by forestlady
-If you've seen the film that was an effigy of a baby, not a real one.

Say if they were to have sexual intercourse with a dummy of a baby, not a real baby, that would still be a hidious sick minded act.

- They hire prostitues, both male and female. I had one as a client when I was a therapist years ago. Also, I have met the owner of the Northwoods Inn, which is where the guys go each evening after the festivities, to get a prostitute. THe owner actually acts as a madam, hiring some of the prostitutes and allowing them to hang out at the inn's restaurant. The local police BTW fully know about this and turn a blind eye. I know this for a fact, because I was at a meeting with the police and the Inn's owner. Also, lots of drugs are used, especially Ecstasy (got this directly from a guy that worked there who saw this himself).

Thanks for the info

Why isn't this being discussed in the mainstreem media?? Why doesn't anyone I know have knowledge about this??

They would rather see what Victoria Beckem wears on holiday.......

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 11:30 AM
link   

The ritual comes from a comic strip ( can't remember the name) from the early part of 20th century, that has a character called "Dull Care".

Interesting. I googled around for this. Apparently there was an animated short film called Begone Dull Care, considered a classic by some people apparently. Made in 1949 by one Norman McLaren with music from Oscar Peterson. Its a 'scratch-and-paint-on-film' type of film.

However, the cremation of care ritual apparently strectches back to before 1949. Considering that the film is apparently considered a classic, and that the Bohemian Club is made up of people from the upper class from San Francisco, its perhaps not surprising that they'd at least know about the film as literati. Perhaps thats why they'd say amoung themselves that the creamation of care is from the film.

Policy is made BEHIND CLOSED doors, without the input of the public. This is most undemocratic.

How is it undemocratic and how is it even really policy? People talking? Thats not policy. Democracy merely means that the public votes for the policy makers, not that there is a public vote on policy.

, do a "Resurrection of Care" ritual to reverse the damage that the Cremation of Care does.

What damage?

There are also lots of plays that are put on by the members where men dress up as women alot.

How do you intend for this to be taken? The group has performed plays like that for a long time, considering that there aren't any women in the group, its not surprising that men'd dress up to play the female parts. Apparently at the time when this group was growing it was a bit of a fad for people to have outdoor performances of breif sections of shakespearean plays and the like.

The Knights of Pythias, as an aside, are named after a character from a popular play, at the time of their foundation.

but if anyone has questions about the BG I will be happy to answer from what I know.

Thankyou for your input thus far. I beleive that we had someone hear claiming to be in the BC a while ago, but they didn't answer any questions or anything like that.

edit to add:
There is also a song called Begone Dull Care which, according to this site, was written down in 1937, and is originally from the 1800's.
Here is an audio file for it, it opens as a web-page.

Thats probably all I should bother saying on that, since its probably not connected to the BC.

[edit on 4-1-2006 by Nygdan]

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 11:51 AM
link   
imagine your a hooker, and you get stuck with rumsfeld on acid !!

imho opinion, it really doesn't matter if these deals are made in BG, camp david, bush's ranch or the oval office. The top of the food chain operates without public unput in every society, and always will. the only true democracy would be a structure where 100% of the people vote on 100% of the issues, with no representation at all.
As soon as you have elected officials weilding power of awarding billion dollar contracts, good ol corruption is guranteed to follow.

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 02:09 PM
link   
[quote
Why isn't this being discussed in the mainstreem media?? Why doesn't anyone I know have knowledge about this??

Actually, to a limited extent, it is. Every July when the gathering happens, it is reported in the nearby Santa Rosa Press Democrat and several other smaller newspapers locally. Don't know if it is reported in other MSM sources but not many if at all.
THis knowledge is common knowledge with the folks who live nearby, too many have worked there, to really cover it up much. But outside of the area, no, probably most folks don't know about this. However, the information is out there if you look.
Google Peter Philips + Bohemian Grove

also, here's another link with lots of excellent information that is well-documented and researched.
www.sonomacountyfreepress.com...

Addendum: Also, Walter Cronkite, William F. Buckley are members.
Happy reading!
- Forestlady

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 10:27 PM
link   

They do NOT sacrifice/eat babies or any other humans. If you've seen the film that was an effigy of a baby, not a real one. Alex Jones is something of a sensationalist.

I agree that he is very much a sensationalist. However as I recall he did not claim that it was a real baby, (that he was filming) he did say it was an effigy of a human.

Originally posted by Nygdan
Democracy merely means that the public votes for the policy makers, not that there is a public vote on policy.

Democracy should mean “rule by the people”. The people haven’t ruled for a long time, and politicians are rarely responsible for not doing the will of its people. (Although I have no idea how we could implement a real democracy, a free press would certainly be a first step.)

Close door meetings deciding policy are anti-democratic, because no input from the general public can be heard. Policies should not be made to enrich a minority, but to benefit a majority.

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by ConspiracyNut23
Democracy should mean “rule by the people”.

Technically it means 'rule from the demes', the demes being division units of the athenian countryside.

a free press would certainly be a first step.

I don't know what country you are in, but in the US the press is free to say all sorts of things. Its no coincidence that the Daily Show is filmed in New York, for example.

A free press simply means that people are able to say what they want. And that most certainly is the case in the US. Sure, there are really crappy major media outlets, as shown by this miner-death debacle, but what of it? The press is still free, its not restricted by the government like in actual societies that didn't have a free press.

Close door meetings deciding policy are anti-democratic, because no input from the general public can be heard.

Why? Its not as if public input holds legal weight, as if in the whitehouse the public can say 'you shoudl do this', and then it must be done. All that happens at the Bohemian Grove, as far as I can tell, is networking.

Pericles didn't go to the people to make decisions in Athens, he just talked to them about stuff he and his friends had previously privately discussed, and that state was about as close to real democracy as anyone has gotten.

Also, the vast majority of people in the Bohemian Club are not politicians, those people are not setting government policy anyway.

Policies should not be made to enrich a minority, but to benefit a majority.

But that has nothing to do with where the policies are discussed and amoung whom. Is it the way in which the policy is formed or the actual policy that troubles you? Is not the policy itself whats important?

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Alex Jones never claimed a real human baby was being burned in front of the Cannanite deity...he said it was an effigy as well. However what he did say was there were a bunch of wealthy old men grinding their teeth in a frantic manic ecstasy state when the ceremony was taking place.

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 10:44 PM
link   

I don't know what country you are in, but in the US the press is free to say all sorts of things.

A free press perhaps, but subject to the “controversial” propaganda model. Which are a series of filters through which the news must go through before we see it. (first 3 must important.) (en.wikipedia.org...)
1. Ownership of the medium (Who who own’s the news outlet. See www.cjr.org...)
2. Medium's funding sources (advertisers)
3. Sourcing (who are the experts, usualy Pentagon and other government officials)
4. Flak
5. Anti-communist ideology (updated to anti-Muslim ideology)

All that happens at the Bohemian Grove, as far as I can tell, is networking.

I feel that anytime policy is discussed by active politicians (not private citizens) it should be broadcast on c-span or available otherwise.

Also, the vast majority of people in the Bohemian Club are not politicians, those people are not setting government policy anyway.

I beg to differ, these elites make up the plutocracy, and their opinions can often become government policy. But of course they are entitled to their privacy, I’m not suggesting their meetings be broadcast. But if Nixon or Reagan are in attendance, (while active) policy should not be discussed. They can write their congressman like anyone else. – or be willing to have their conversation available to the general public.

PS again your knowledge of history impresses me, thanks.

[edit on 5/1/06 by ConspiracyNut23]

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 04:42 AM
link   

Technically it means 'rule from the demes', the demes being division units of the athenian countryside.

Democracy's etymology:
from Greek demokratia: demos= people;
source: dictionary.reference.com...

and cracy from Greek -krati,= power
source: www.bartleby.com...

hence, rule by the people, but you appear well versed in classical history, where is the “demes” stuff from?

The press is still free, its not restricted by the government like in actual societies that didn't have a free press.

I'm not saying the government is restructing the free press, I'm saying there is no free press.

My father used to attend BG gatherings, I have a close friend who's father was a member and I also have another close friend who has spent much time researching the truth about the BG.

clip...

That is where Ronald Reagan and Nixon made the deal that Nixon would run for prez in '72 and Reagan would run in '80, which is what happened.

You know this from your father? Or your friend’s father? – You know this for a fact?

EDIT: clarrified and added question for FL

[edit on 6/1/06 by ConspiracyNut23]

[edit on 6/1/06 by ConspiracyNut23]

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 07:21 AM
link   
any one have a photo of that bohemian club gambol's? that 21 doller bill that was printed for the bohemian club for gambling debt's only by the fedral mint in san francisco. It had an owl in front of the bill. with big eye's that were kind off staring off to the right. on the back of the $21 doller bill it had the shrine of the owl. ya that stone owl of thier's. It's from the old nonwo site wich is no longer up. do any of you have a photo of it? if so can you post it here. it was posted on anther thired here about bohemian grove not being satanic, but it's not showing....

[edit on 6-1-2006 by cryztalwing]

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Policy is made BEHIND CLOSED doors, without the input of the public. This is most undemocratic.

How is it undemocratic and how is it even really policy? People talking? Thats not policy. Democracy merely means that the public votes for the policy makers, not that there is a public vote on policy.

, do a "Resurrection of Care" ritual to reverse the damage that the Cremation of Care does.

What damage?

There are also lots of plays that are put on by the members where men dress up as women alot.

How do you intend for this to be taken? The group has performed plays like that for a long time, considering that there aren't any women in the group, its not surprising that men'd dress up to play the female parts. Apparently at the time when this group was growing it was a bit of a fad for people to have outdoor performances of breif sections of shakespearean plays and the like.

[edit on 4-1-2006 by Nygdan]

I am not intend for any of this information to be taken in any particular way. I am merely reporting what I know. Personally, I don't think there's anything wrong with actors dressing up as women. I'm just putting out there what I know since I've seen alot of misinformation on this site regarding the Boho Grove. Anyone is free to believe, disbelieve or scoff as you will.

As for policy-making behind closed doors: Nygdan, reread my post. I state clearly that policy is made behind closed doors. There are many, many examples. Please go to sonomafreepress site and read up on it. That is where you will find the best information. It's not just that policy is made behind closed doors, it's that information is given out at the BG that normal people don't have access to. The American people are kept in the dark and backroom deals are made. Of coruse, this happens all the time, but when you have people like Reagan, Rumsfeld, Kissinger, both Bushes, Nixon, Cheney and a host of other high-power types, well, then you've got policy being formed by a very small group of elitists - I don't think that is democratic.

- Forestlady

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
imagine your a hooker, and you get stuck with rumsfeld on acid !!

ROFLMAO!! I'm still laughing over that one, good one!

- Forestlaldy

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 10:54 AM
link   
quote: Originally posted by forestlady
My father used to attend BG gatherings, I have a close friend who's father was a member and I also have another close friend who has spent much time researching the truth about the BG.

clip...

That is where Ronald Reagan and Nixon made the deal that Nixon would run for prez in '72 and Reagan would run in '80, which is what happened.

Conspiracynut23 replied:
"You know this from your father? Or your friend’s father? – You know this for a fact?"

Yes this is a fact. THis particular bit of information was given to me by my close friend, who's father was the only person in all of the BG's histsory to be high priest twice in the owl ritual. All others were only chosen once to lead the ritual.
It is common knowledge among those who research the BG. It has also been published in a number of books and
some MSM press. Every year in Sonoma County (where the BG is) they run articles about the Grove in July when the gatherings are held.

There are many, many more examples. For instance, I believe it was Rumsfeld (I may be wrong but it was some top level guy) who gave a talk in the early '90's about why we need to rearm the U.S. with nuclear weapons. Isn't it interesting that 7 years later we started rearming our nuclear arsenals? I have seen membership rosters and topics of the famous Lakeside talks from the BG's own lists. THere are many, many instances where what the information given to the BG by high-level pols and CEO's such as Bechtel, discussed information known only to themselves to create policy.

Nygdan, it may be true that most of the BG's members are not politicians but the ones that are the movers and shakers are the most high level pols in the world. See my previous post about members such as Rumsfeld, Cheney, both Bushes, Nixon and Reagan, GEorge Schultz, etc.There are also alot more, just can't remember right now, also alot of names that are not generally known to the public but are behind the scenes type of big movers and shakers.

- Forestlady

Cug

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Democracy should mean “rule by the people”. The people haven’t ruled for a long time, and politicians are rarely responsible for not doing the will of its people. (Although I have no idea how we could implement a real democracy, a free press would certainly be a first step.)

Don't forget, the United States of America is not a Democracy, It is a Republic. (Or if you want to be exact we are a democratic Republic)

In a Republic, the peoples representatives decide what is best for the country and dictate policy.

In a Democracy, the public is consulted before policy decisions are made and the majority rules.

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Thank you for answering my question FL - I had heard the Nixon thing before but didn't know if it was fact or not.

... was given to me by my close friend, who's father was the only person in all of the BG's histsory to be high priest twice in the owl ritual.

I guess you don’t think BH is dangerous, or you wouldn’t give information that could easily identify you. - That’s comforting to hear.

Thanks for the clarification Cug.

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 11:48 AM
link   

A free press perhaps, but subject to the “controversial” propaganda model. Which are a series of filters through which the news must go through before we see it.

I agree, cnn, nbc, cbs, fox, etc, these are mainstream news and they stick to the middling ground. That doesn't mean that there isn't a free press. People still publish books, newsletters, newspapers, have media shows, etc. Places like CNN are what the mass of the public likes. So of course its not very relevatory.

I feel that anytime policy is discussed by active politicians (not private citizens) it should be broadcast on c-span or available otherwise.

But this is immpossible. Also, just because a person is a public officer doesn't mean that they've given up all rights and claims to privacy.

I beg to differ, these elites make up the plutocracy, and their opinions can often become government policy.
I agree, then can affect public policy. But they cannot effect policy. They simply don't create policy. There is nothing illegal about private citizens being influential.

I mean, think about it. Yes, the bohemian club has lots of influence on government, and some members of government are also there and they talk about matters of policy.
But whats wrong with that? Peopel have a right to meet in private, without scrutiny from the government just as much as they shouldn't have to have scrutiny from the mass of the public. Even people in the government.
Also, the bohemian club probably has more influence on the country via the fact that its members can be thought of as a ruling elite, than thru direct influence on the government. They are the captains of industry, industrialists, etc, so what they do can affect the country greatly. They might not even be good people or be doing good while at it. But, really, what right does the rest of us have to say 'sorry, you can't freely associate with out government permission'.
Its unfortunate that lots of these people are scum, but its not illegal to be a bad person.

PS again your knowledge of history impresses me, thanks.

Hey man, I never heard of this 'propaganda filter' definition for, so I'm the one who's impressed!

where is the “demes” stuff from

The 'demes' are the subdivisions of the countryside in athens. The public was grouped into these demes by the government and thats how they functioned in the assembly. I wouldnt' say it changes the meaning significantly from 'rule of the people' though, so i probably shouldn't've brought it up.

forestlady
Anyone is free to believe, disbelieve or scoff as you will.

I'm not scoffing, to be clear, I am just disagreeing with the import of some of these things.

It's not just that policy is made behind closed doors, it's that information is given out at the BG that normal people don't have access to

But this allways happens. There are lots of closed door meetings and private meetings with government officials.

The nixon-regan bit is intersting. I am reading a book on the grove that mentions it, but it was printed in the 70's, and it states that the agreement was that Regan would stay out of the primaries and the election unless it was terribly obvious that nixon was going to loose, so as to not split the party. I am curious as to whether or not your information is infact better, and that it was over the specific timing of when regan would run.

Do you really think that that decision wouldn't've been made somewhere tho?

I'd think that the big information are the Lakeside Chats. Apparently nixon made some speeches there that later served as the basis for policy speeches.
But do we really think that the policy was formed there? Nixon was obviously already thinking of the topics anyway no?

you've got policy being formed by a very small group of elitists

The election of the elite into government is what makes it democratic.

gave a talk in the early '90's about why we need to rearm the U.S. with nuclear weapons. Isn't it interesting that 7 years later we started rearming our nuclear arsenals?

But lots of republicans have been talking about doing these sorts of things for a long time and in lots of places. And where ever the original discussions about these things were, they still had to go through the government to accomplish it.

BG by high-level pols and CEO's such as Bechtel, discussed information known only to themselves to create policy

On the one hand, they'll just do it somewhere else.
But, what if, they don't? What if they don't have this networking effect and this information isn't shared? Why would that be a good thing?

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 11:59 AM
link   
I like Alex Jones because he digs up alot of dirt.

I even like his sensationalist approach a bit because so many people get bored the second serious issues are discussed in a clam reasonable fashion.

They would rather not know - thats why his antics actualy do us all a favor as he gets people to use their emotions to motivate them - even if its just to try and disprove what AJ says on his sites/shows.

Imho you have not told us a single thing that AJ did not make clear in his videos and site - although, granted, I think he takes the cult comparrisons too far.

I wonder why you sit on this info you have instead of shouting it out on street corners?

This is clearly a corrupt system of influence and the people should be made aware that our "representatives" are really criminal degenerates who long ago sold themselves out to special interests and have a huge contempt for the citizens of this country!

We thank you for your imput here - but what are you - and any of us gonna do about it?

I say we fight back with media campaigns - billboards - tv - radio - anything we can do to get people asking questions.

Let us get the word out now - before Internet 2 and the Microsoft's Palladium plan conspire to take away even those small gains we have made in truth and freedom at places here such as at ATS.

"‘The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

- Edmund Burke

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 12:10 PM
link   

But this is immpossible. Also, just because a person is a public officer doesn't mean that they've given up all rights and claims to privacy.

Ha! Now I have to ponder this for a bit. Yes, I did fail to account for the rights of privacy of public officials. – that would be ideal though.

People still publish books, newsletters, newspapers, have media shows, etc. Places like CNN are what the mass of the public likes.

Good point, ATS itself is a great example of free press. (on US servers I believe)

I think this might apply here:
A free press, if you can afford it. – Ted Koppel (on the Russian revolution)

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 12:14 PM
link   
so none of you have a photo of that $21 doller bohemian club gambol bill?if you do have please post it or a link to a web page that has it.

ehh they eat some disguesting stuff at the poison oak camp

sociology.ucsc.edu...
It's an Elks Club for the rich; a fraternity party in the woods; a boy scout camp for old guys, complete with an initiation ceremony and a totem animal, the owl

[edited to remove large cut and paste -nygdan]

[edit on 6-1-2006 by Nygdan]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join