It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Depleted Uranium causes Gulf War Syndrome and "Baghdad Boils"

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Recent evidence proves that depleted uranium (DU) is the definite cause of Gulf War Syndrome. Fourteen years after its introduction, DU has been revealed as a death sentence, lately brought forth by Leuren Moret (cf. e.g. www.sfbayview.com... and the sources to this article).

The biological particulate effect targets the Master Code in the DNA and causes numerous diseases difficult to define, but in effect devastating the human body for example with multiple malignancies and developing cancers. Out of 580,400 soldiers in first Gulf War, 11 thousand have died and already by 2000 there were 325,000 permanently disabled, the number increasing by 43,000 every year.

Besides, DU has internally contaminated their sexual partners, who have developed endometriosis and have been forced to have hysteroctomies due to health problems. 67 percent of a test group of 251 soldiers have had babies with severe birth defects (missing members, organs, immune system diseases).

I need to emphasize this: "Out of 580,400 soldiers in first Gulf War, 11 thousand have died and already by 2000 there were 325,000 permanently disabled, the number increasing by 43,000 every year."

580,400 soldiers in Gulf War
325,000 of them are permanently disabled from Depleted Uraniium

11,000 have died and every year another 43,000 get added to the disabled list. When is anyone going to wake up to this? What are we doing to our own troops?

Today it's being called "Baghdad Boils," but it's the same thing! Of our current 300,000 troops, how many of them are going to be permanently disabled? based on the figures above, it looks like they all are either going to die or become permanently disabled. There are already 2000 troops about to die of this disease which will double the current death toll without even having another battle.

When is the American government going to care about its troops? Instead of looking at every single soldier as expendable - just a pawn in a game where the politicians make tons of money from the corporations they have interests in that are making billions upon billions off this useless war?

Why don't our soldiers matter anymore? Why haven't they mattered since Vietnam? I'm not so sure they mattered in Korea either.....

source: www.uruknet.info...

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 11:47 AM
link   
While i do consider DU a great threat, especially to the local population, i find it doubtful that it's the real cause of 'gulf war syndrome'.

Think about it, exposure to DU wouldn't last long on the battlefield, and thinking that hundreds of thousands of soldiers were summarily exposed to DU dust strains credulity, doesn't it? it's not that common, is it?

Of course, what (imho) gives the DU theory the coup de grace is that local residents would suffer a lot more from contamination of water and / or food supply and remaining DU dust (sandstorms?) than US soldiers, wouldn't they? But they don't, from what i know about GWS, it's pretty severe, continued exposure would most likely kill.

That's why i consier fubared or intentionally tainted vaccine the most likely cause.

[edit on 5-1-2006 by Long Lance]

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 05:42 PM
link   

intentionally tainted vaccine the most likely cause.

There's been plenty of those going around for a long time now!

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Long Lance makes a good point, Excitable_Boy. Why don't the residents of these areas that DU was supposedly used present with symptoms of Gulf War Syndrome like the soldiers?

posted on Jan, 7 2006 @ 01:21 PM
link   
www.gulfwarvets.com...

relevant passage:

Evidence for infectious agents has been found in GWI patients' urine [4] and blood [12,26,42-44]. We [12,26,42,43] and others [44] have found that most of the signs and symptoms in a large subset of GWI patients can be explained by chronic pathogenic bacterial infections, such as Mycoplasma and Brucella infections. In studies of over 1,500 U. S. and British veterans with GWI, approximately 40-50% of GWI patients have PCR evidence of such infections, compared to 6-9% in the non-deployed, healthy population [review: 23]. This has been confirmed in a large study of 1,600 veterans at over 30 DVA and DoD medical centers (VA Cooperative Clinical Study Program #475, S. Donta and C. Engel, statements at the NIH Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Coordinating Board, 2/00).

Disclaimer, mycoplasma is much more durable that you might expect, contamination could as well be the result of bioweapon usage by the opposing force! doesn't mean i believe it, but keep the options in mind pls, it helps when investigating such issues...

A possible source for immune disturbances and chronic infections found in GWI patients is the multiple vaccines that were administered close together around the time of deployment to the Gulf War. Unwin et al. [8] and Cherry et al. [56] found a strong association between GWI and the multiple vaccines that were administered to British Gulf War veterans. Unwin et al. [8] and Goss Gilroy [57] also noted an association specifically with anthrax vaccine and GWI symptoms in British and Canadian veterans. Steele [10] found a three-fold increased incidence of GWI in nondeployed veterans from Kansas who had been vaccinated in preparation for deployment, compared to non-deployed, non-vaccinated veterans. Finally, Mahan et al. [58] found a two-fold increased incidence of GWI symptoms in U.S. veterans who recalled they had received anthrax vaccinations at the time of the Gulf War, versus those who thought they had not. These studies associate GWI with the multiple vaccines given during deployment, and they may explain the high prevalence rates of chronic infections in GWI patients [59,60].

Sure does look like vaccine borne, though.

[edit on 7-1-2006 by Long Lance]

posted on Jan, 7 2006 @ 03:34 PM
link   
More info here on DU:

www.uruknet.info...

Bernklau continued, 'This malady (from uranium munitions), that thousands of our military have suffered and died from, has finally been identified as the cause of this sickness, eliminating the guessing. The terrible truth is now being revealed.'

"He added, 'Out of the 580,400 soldiers who served in GW1 (the first Gulf War), of them, 11,000 are now dead! By the year 2000, there were 325,000 on Permanent Medical Disability. This astounding number of 'Disabled Vets' means that a decade later, 56% of those soldiers who served have some form of permanent medical problems!' The disability rate for the wars of the last century was 5 percent; it was higher, 10 percent, in Viet Nam.

'The VA Secretary (Principi) was aware of this fact as far back as 2000,' wrote Bernklau. 'He, and the Bush administration have been hiding these facts, but now, thanks to Moret's report, (it) ... is far too big to hide or to cover up!'"

Vaccines? Maybe...

DU? Likely...

posted on Jan, 7 2006 @ 03:37 PM
link   
So, Excitable_Boy...you aren't going to answer the question as to why no residents have developed "Baghdad Boils"? It would seem that would be a prime news story for the AP. Perhaps you just like to ignore the parts that are hard to explain away with circular logic...

~MFP

posted on Jan, 8 2006 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Perhaps you just like to ignore the parts that are hard to explain away with circular logic...

Perhaps I just like to ignore everything that comes from your keyboard.

E, non andante alla scuola in Italia. Andate alla scuola sul unito Dichiarate. Conosco questo basato sul vostro commento dell'università di Comunità su un altro alberino. Arrivederci med l'allievo.

[edit on 8-1-2006 by Excitable_Boy]

posted on Jan, 8 2006 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by bsl4doc
So, Excitable_Boy...you aren't going to answer the question as to why no residents have developed "Baghdad Boils"? It would seem that would be a prime news story for the AP. Perhaps you just like to ignore the parts that are hard to explain away with circular logic...

~MFP

That's a good point. Maybe the Pentagon should put some money into that research.

Wake me up when pigs fly.

posted on Jan, 8 2006 @ 01:08 PM
link   

That's a good point. Maybe the Pentagon should put some money into that research.

Wake me up when pigs fly

Right, because the journalists over there working for al-Jazeera, al-Arabiya, and any other international news agency wouldn't jump on the story about Iraqi civilians breaking out in boils and showing signs of radiation poisoning...

E, non andante alla scuola in Italia. Andate alla scuola sul unito Dichiarate. Conosco questo basato sul vostro commento dell'università di Comunità su un altro alberino. Arrivederci med l'allievo.

Ecitable_Boy: Your Italian is horrible, but I'm not going to hold that against you (except for the fact that you said, and I quote "your comment of the university of community on a another tree". hehe, I like that one, funny) like you hold me English against me...and my comment about the community college? You think that because I know about American medical schools, as pretty much ALL European medical students do since it's easier for us to get in there than here, that means I MUST not live in Italy? That's funny, right now, I'm sitting in my apartment looking at the tip top of il Duomo. But, what ou want to think is your own thing. I've already seen that you live in your own parallel universe from your threads.

Oh, e il tuo italiano e' terribilo. Non usare un traduttore internet provare un senso. Sembri essere un uomini molto tristi e solitario. Ciao!

~MFP

[edit on 1/8/2006 by bsl4doc]

posted on Jan, 8 2006 @ 01:41 PM
link   

I'm sitting in my apartment looking at the tip top of il Duomo.

Awfully defensive and seems you are trying hard to prove something. Why?

Oh, e il tuo italiano e' terribilo. Non usare un traduttore internet provare un senso. Sembri essere un uomini molto tristi e solitario. Ciao!

To translate: "Oh, being Italian is terrible. I don't know how to use the internet and I have no sense. Because I have no friends I usually play solitaire. Good bye."

This is rather off topic and I'm sorry you have no friends. I said nothing about medical schools, I did say something about community colleges which is curious that anyone from Italy would have any clue existed in the United States. You've become awfully defensive, so I'll assume I'm correct.

You keep disputing my claim med student, but all I've seen is you ridiculing my posts. Why don't you give me some evidence that I'm wrong instead of just providing your opinion! As you once posted and I quote: "Cite, Cite, Cite!"

posted on Jan, 8 2006 @ 02:06 PM
link   
First, I'm going to say something on topic:

You keep disputing my claim med student, but all I've seen is you ridiculing my posts. Why don't you give me some evidence that I'm wrong instead of just providing your opinion! As you once posted and I quote: "Cite, Cite, Cite!

Acutally, my original post in this thread did not ridicule you at all. I was merely pointing out that Long Lance had asked a good question, that is, why do none of the residents and journalists in Iraq mention civilians with "Baghdad Boils"? It would seem logical that people living in the area where DU was supposedly used would present with these symptoms. Now, if you can present something to the contrary, I'll eat my words.

I'm sitting in my apartment looking at the tip top of il Duomo.

Awfully defensive and seems you are trying hard to prove something. Why?

I'm not trying to prove anything, Excitable_Boy. I said in the previous post that I don't really care if you believe me or not.

To translate: "Oh, being Italian is terrible. I don't know how to use the internet and I have no sense. Because I have no friends I usually play solitaire. Good bye."

Actually, the translation is "Oh, and your italian is terrible. Don't use an internet translator to prove a point. You seem to be a sad and lonely man. Bye!"

See, your problem is vocabulary. You are obviously either translating via the internet or just picking and choosing which words to use. the phrase "il tuo" means "your", which doesn't show up in your translation. "Non usare" is the tu form of the imperative, meaning I'm making a directed command to you, in this case "Don't use". The I form has a totally different ending, so it CANNOT be translated as "I don't know how to use", especially since the verb for "know" wasn't in that phrase... Also, the word "friends" never appeards in my statement. Please, please, don't try to ridicule me in a language you don't understand.

As for me knowing about community colleges must mean I'm not Italian, have you ever taken a language course? A major part of any language course is learning the culture of the nation you are studying. When I took English (primary-secondary school), we learned all about the cultures of America and the UK. We learned about their governments, educational systems, history, etc. It helps understand the context of their literature and some phrases. I'm sorry you don't understand this.

You keep disputing my claim med student, but all I've seen is you ridiculing my posts. Why don't you give me some evidence that I'm wrong instead of just providing your opinion! As you once posted and I quote: "Cite, Cite, Cite!"

Mod Edit: Fixed Quote Tag.

[edit on 8/1/2006 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Jan, 8 2006 @ 02:14 PM
link   

I was merely pointing out that Long Lance had asked a good question, that is, why do none of the residents and journalists in Iraq mention civilians with "Baghdad Boils"? It would seem logical that people living in the area where DU was supposedly used would present with these symptoms.

You have a valid point...so prove it! You are just making a statement and stating an opinion. Back it up with facts. Where's your proof that civilians haven't contracted the same disease? I've proven my point....do you want me to prove yours also? That's your job!

Così ottenga esso l'amico.

posted on Jan, 8 2006 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Which is: Medical Issues & Conspiracies » Depleted Uranium causes Gulf War Syndrome and "Baghdad Boils"

Also, please confine posts to the English language only.

Thanks.

posted on Jan, 8 2006 @ 02:20 PM
link   
I'm sorry? I don't understand what it is you're asking me to do. You posted a link to an article about a possible link from DU to Gulf War syndrome. Fine. Then Long Lance mentions the effects on the local population and I follw up by asking you why there have be no reports of this? I didn't ask you to show me reports of local population effects. I'm putting the burden of truth on YOU to prove that your supposedly widely dangerous DU weapons have had the effects you state. Obviously, since nearly all combat in Iraq is urban, when a DU weapon is used, the dust would remain in an urban setting around many, many people. So where are the articles that this is happeneing? It is up to YOU to prove that these weapons are having the effects you report are occuring. Now, scientifically, if only the soldiers are becoming ill, it would have to be caused by something only the soldiers are encountering, in this case, NOT DU weapons. Vaccines, perhaps. I'm not going to dismiss the idea of tainted vaccine batches. Not purposely tainted, most likely, but perhaps still tainted.

Ciao,
~MFP

P.S. You've almost gotten the Italian right, Excitable_Boy, except you don't need the esso, and ottenere is conjugated wrong, but it was at least understandable. Bene!

posted on Jan, 8 2006 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Obviously, since nearly all combat in Iraq is urban, when a DU weapon is used, the dust would remain in an urban setting around many, many people. So where are the articles that this is happeneing?

That would be up to you to come up with med student. I have stated and provided evidence regarding the link between DU and GWS...if you dispute it...then prove me wrong.....don't expect me to prove myself wrong. That's not the least bit logical. You state you believe I am wrong, yet, you are unable to find any documentation to back it up....so you want me to?

posted on Jan, 8 2006 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Unwin et al. [8] and Cherry et al. [56] found a strong association between GWI and the multiple vaccines that were administered to British Gulf War veterans. Unwin et al. [8] and Goss Gilroy [57] also noted an association specifically with anthrax vaccine and GWI symptoms in British and Canadian veterans. Steele [10] found a three-fold increased incidence of GWI in nondeployed veterans from Kansas who had been vaccinated in preparation for deployment, compared to non-deployed, non-vaccinated veterans

i'm not disputing that DU is highly dangerous, but why would people contaminated with radioactive metal show a disproportionally high incidence of mycoplasmal and brucella infections?

on top of that, i can't see how contamination would infect family members and often respond to antibiotics treatment.

During the last year we have documented the spread of GWI infections to immediate family members [12]. According to one U. S. Senate study [50], GWI has spread to family members, and it is likely that it has also spread in the workplace [18]. Although the official position of the DoD/DVA is that family members have not contracted GWI, these studies [12,50] indicate that at least a subset of GWI patients have a transmittable illness. Laboratory tests revealed that GWI family members have the same chronic infections [12] that have been found in ~40% of the ill veterans [42-44]. We examined military families (149 patients; 42 veterans, 40 spouses, 32 other relatives and 35 children) with at least one family complaint of illness) selected from a group of 110 veterans with GWI who tested positive (~41% overall) for mycoplasmal infections.

you're going to ask me what the other 59& had, well, probably a different, less detectable strain, tbh, it wouldnt surpirse me. certain thing is that this disease is apparently contagious and has curious parallels to chronic fatigue...

which has skyrocketed in the 1990s, hasn't it?

[edit on 8-1-2006 by Long Lance]

posted on Jan, 8 2006 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Excitable_Boy
I have stated and provided evidence regarding the link between DU and GWS...if you dispute it...then prove me wrong.....

Will this be enough for you, or would you like more?
Sandia Depleted Uranium Study: No Serious Health Risks Found.

seekerof

posted on Jan, 8 2006 @ 03:46 PM
link   

That would be up to you to come up with med student. I have stated and provided evidence regarding the link between DU and GWS...if you dispute it...then prove me wrong.....don't expect me to prove myself wrong. That's not the least bit logical. You state you believe I am wrong, yet, you are unable to find any documentation to back it up....so you want me to?

I'm not asking you to prove yourself wrong. I'm asking you a hypothetical question and wanting to know your answer to it. Why wouldn't the civilians be affected by DU? Does it mention it anywhere in any "evidence" you can find? I don't see why I'm supposed to research the answer to the question I'm asking you. I'm asking you to further prove your point. I'm not saying they DON'T have symptoms of DU poisoning, I'm asking YOU if you have come across it.

Please seriously consider reading a persons entire thread, I mean REALLY read it, not skim it. And also, please don't skirt difficult questions. It's really annoying.

Also, I really liked Long Lance's post. The question as to why DU would cause an increase in mycoplasma and brucella titer is very interesting. Are you going to dodge that one, too?

Ciao,
~MFP

posted on Jan, 8 2006 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Also, I really liked Long Lance's post. The question as to why DU would cause an increase in mycoplasma and brucella titer is very interesting. Are you going to dodge that one, too?

I like what Lance had to say as well. He was able to do what you were not and that is provide information contrary to mine....not just state his opinion. Why don't you back your opinion up with some research? Cite, Cite, Cite!!

Will this be enough for you, or would you like more?

It's not really enough. There's obviously a lot of information on both sides of the issue. I guess one needs to look at where the information comes from and what the agenda is of the source.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join