It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Hostel"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 01:52 PM
link   
here is some info regarding this movie:

imdb.com...

it's hitting theatres jan. 6th, 2006...

and it looks SICK (literally)!!!

i have heard that paramedics were rushed in because some viewer had a seizure while watching it...

i have also heard that people were running out of the theatre because they were so scared...

one story i heard claims that one man seen the movie, went to the bathroom of the theatre, and didn't want to leave because he was so scared haha...

they had to call his friend to drive him home...

also, various people threw up...

are these just rumours???

who knows...

hopefully, i will see it (and be able to watch)...

talk about it here...

posted on Jan, 22 2006 @ 07:17 AM
link   
I cant wait to see this movie, Eli Roth is a pretty good director.

posted on Feb, 26 2006 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Film opened here in Oz last week. Saw it the other night and loved it!
Great cameo by Takashi Miike.

One issue I had though was the lack of a well constructed bad guy.
The Dutch Businessman would have been great if they had built him up more. I thought it would have been cool if they had made him into some kind of Dr. Mengele character. Perhaps an ex-Nazi (a'la Apt Pupil) scientist that had successfully hidden himself from prosecution and had gone on to become a wealthy businessman, but just couldn't get that bloodlust out of his system. His murdering the Jewish Josh would have been far more shocking if this were the case.

Still, I thought it was a really cool, stylish horror.

posted on Mar, 8 2006 @ 02:04 PM
link   
this was the most overhyped movie of the year, it absolutley sucked. bad acting, bad story, bad fx, not scary, not really gory, hell underworld 2 had more realistic gore. shame on tarantino for putting his name on this movie, hes one of my favourite artists but god, he deffinatly goes down a peg in my books.

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 01:48 AM
link   
PLease, please ,please tell me this movie is the best, I am dying to see it and I know I waited on pins and needles waiting for "Devils Rejects" to come out because I was so nutso about House of 1000 corpses, and when I finally did see it, I almost put my head through my monitor
I am still sending Rob Zombie hate mail.

I have seen the trailers on the foreign sites and it looks pretty gross. I need to see this though. Horror for me is like my heroine.

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 02:46 PM
link   
I saw last Friday it was pretty cool and gross it hasnt been relaesed in the theatres here but saw it on a pirated DVD copy the copy wasnt that good but still loved the movie.

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Assuming that anyone reading this thread is ready for spoilers.

I saw the dvd recently. It was good. Supposedly it was the unrated version, but so I don't know what they cut out for the theatres. I would say that the things in it weren't as gruseome or horrible as one might expect. Sometimes you see things in movies that just completely bug you out, this one, not so much. The CONCEPT was freaky to all of us watching it though.

There was a person on this board who stated that something similar was going on in lebanon, where people'd pay to get set up in a hotel to snipe at people across some disputed zone, or some-such. Maybe they will tell us more if they come across this thread.

I wonder what people in Slovakia think of the movie?

By the end of it, everyone I was watching it with was like 'Damn Slovaks".

The interesting thing is, the bar that the two girls who bring them in are drinking in at one point, its got communist propaganda (but obviously from the old days) all over it. AND the group that is actually doing the killing, they're not slovaks, they're russians. The url on the business card has the extension 'gangs.rus'. Which is funny, because it seems to be saying 'its the russina mafia'. Neat little twist.

One of the more interesting things was the parrallel between the begining and the end. At one point, one of the vacation goers opens a door in the sex house and a dominatrix is beating a guy, she turns around and says to 'get their own room' or some such. Then, when the main character is going back to save the girl, the guy there says something similar, the whole scene is reminiscent, especially how there is a hall way with rooms, each with the murders going on, same as the sex houses, hallway with doors, and everyone's private 'degraded' fantasy is going on there.

I am not sure if the movie is intended as a criticism of the american culture, because the main characters are american goofball-sluts, or europeans, because they are the ones maintaining this 'culture of depravity', the same one that leads to the 'boredom' of the 'customer' in the locker room torwards the end, he's so bored with the wanton sex and debauchery that he's doing this to get his kicks.

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 03:59 PM
link   
I am a pretty raw guy, couldn't watch it all the second time. of course I could watch the first hour.

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpittinCobra
of course I could watch the first hour.

yeah...

it's all sex i heard...

that's pretty easy to watch...

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Nygdan, I don't think it was in the movies, it would be X, you can't have both sex a violence.

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 11:08 PM
link   
But the sex in the movie is just breats.. There's no penetration or genetalia or much of anything really. Hostel was in theatres for a while, I doubt that they edited the breast shots.

[edit on 8-5-2006 by Nygdan]

jra

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Saw the movie a few weeks ago. It was alright, it wasn't the best, nor worest horror movie that i've seen. I think it was over hyped with all the talk of people running out of the theater or having a seizure or just throwing up or whatever. But the story was interesting and rather bizarre/crazy at the same time.

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 11:11 PM
link   
I have to give this one 1 thumb up! I really dug it, it was disturbing, but no "Flower Of Flesh nd Blood"-which i watched with the sound completely off, LOL. Thank god it wasn't like Devils rejects. Im still sulking over that. But I do have to say the first half is all boobs and the second is all demented, so KUDOS! I liked it alot!

top topics

join