It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are People with ESP Better Able to Solve the Problems of War and Disease?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 06:54 AM
link   
If their abilities can be scientifically proven beyond the normalcy, they should be highly desirable to the Department of Defense and the American Medical Association. Some think every thought and perception, including all humans, animals, and plants, is important.

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Many times things like this are proven, but to all the people in some position of power, who could put it to use, It's BS. They are too closed minded to accept these sort of things. And even if they personally arent, they'd fear the reaction they would get from the closed minded that are watching and judging them. Therefore it wouldnt be worth their reputations.

But dont forget there are some people with different forms of ESP that are being used, but its never in a form quite as grand as what you are talking about. All the time they are used to help police find criminals, and solve crimes...etc. And I've heard somewhere that remote viewers have been used in a few wars.

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 11:18 AM
link   
I know there has been a few "projects" set up by the government to study, find, and utilize remote viewers. I can't remember what they're called - but some remained in operation for a few years, before eventually being disbanded. Something like that should be re-made, perhaps by the people themselves.

Just remember don't make The Corps...

"the Corps is mother... the Corps is father..."
- shameless Babylon 5 quote

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 03:18 PM
link   
There's mounting evidence that both the former Soviet Union, and the CIA, routinely employed remote viewers in a variety of different programs, some even with drug enhancement, etc. and even formalized training.

As long as such projects were going, and with the reputed success rates and utility, I can't see the wisdom in shutting them down. I'm assuming these projects have gone further black. Given the nature of terrorism, this tool would be especially useful in combating this threat.

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 03:27 PM
link   
With the disclosure that superpowers have studied and actually made efforts to "read the minds of the enemy", I'd have to come to the conclusion that people with ESP actually starts wars, famines and diseases.

It's all a game in the grand illusion of all things!

[edit on 3/1/06 by Intelearthling]

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Anyone familiar with the book, The Men Who Stare at Goats?

Pretty interesting stuff.

In 1979 a secret unit was established by the most gifted minds within the US Army. Defying all known accepted military practice - and indeed, the laws of physics - they believed that a soldier could adopt the cloak of invisibility, pass cleanly through walls and, perhaps most chillingly, kill goats just by staring at them. Entrusted with defending America from all known adversaries, they were the First Earth Battalion. And they really weren't joking. What's more, they're back and fighting the War on Terror. 'The men who stare at goats' reveals extraordinary - and very nutty - national secrets at the core of George W Bush's War on Terror.

From the author's (Jon Ronson) website

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by yeahright
The Men Who Stare at Goats?

I stared at a goat one time. The damn thing started chasing me! I'll never do that again! Big Nasty was his name. Urinated in his beard all the time.

top topics

join