It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bigfoot Search in Malaysia

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2005 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Authorities began searching the jungles of southern Malaysia on Friday for the mythical "Bigfoot" following a reported sighting of three giant human-like beasts, officials said.

Wildlife authorities may set up cameras in the 309 sq.mile Endau Rompin National Park in Johor state to see if the creatures do exist, they said.

Park director Hashim Yusof ventured into the jungle Friday to survey the site where three fish farm workers reportedly saw the beasts _ two adults and a young one _ last month, Hashim's secretary told The Associated Press. She did not want her name used and declined to give details.

The fish farm workers were in the jungle to clear an area for a fish pond. They alerted their employer who photographed what appeared to be footprints measuring up to 17 inches, said Lim Teong Kheng, the chairman of the Malaysian Nature Society in Johor.

He said brown hair reeking of body odor was also reportedly retrieved nearby, and a broken tree branch at the site appeared to indicate the creatures were some 10 feet tall.

The New Straits Times newspaper on Thursday reprinted one of the photographs taken by the fish farmer, showing what appears to be a triangular depression in the undergrowth.

Story Sources
Yahoo
CBS
Toronto Star

Here is the original story I guess

New Straits Times

Stuff From BFRO
www.bfro.net...

Bernama.com Articles
www.bernama.com...
www.bernama.com...

I really do not have much to add to this, but I guess their country takes it seriously.

posted on Dec, 30 2005 @ 10:05 PM
link   
I wonder if they're going to attempt any DNA testing on the brown, smelly hairs allegedly found at the scene?

Of all the "creatures" discussed in the cryptozoology forum here, and in the crypto field in general, I feel that "Bigfoot" is the most likely to actually exist. More so than other creatures like the Loch Ness Monster, the Jersey Devil, chupacabras, etc. This of course only includes the popular "mythical" beasts.

I think that a Bigfoot will be captured or its corpse discovered in the next few years or decade, especially as humans spread out further and further into the wilderness, more and more remote areas are explored, and as technology continues to advance. Maybe someday we'll be able to use satellites to monitor areas for these creatures.

posted on Dec, 31 2005 @ 02:14 AM
link   
Yeah, kinda makes you wonder if any concrete evidence will turn up anytime soon. If there are real "Bigfoot" type creatures what would it take to get that type of evidence?

Massive sweeps of remote areas? Clever traps? I'm sure any type of picture will be labeled as fake no matter how authentic.

posted on Dec, 31 2005 @ 05:29 AM
link   
I'd like to see pics of the supposed foot prints found.

posted on Dec, 31 2005 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Mostly likely they are never going to catch these bigfoots soon, if there are. The rainforests of Malaysia are so thick and dense, the canopy of the trees can shut nearly all the sunlight out. I believe this is either a hoax or they must have chanced upon one of the many types of primates that inhabit the forest there.

posted on Dec, 31 2005 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Actually I was highly suprised to find this story on my local online news. I don't know if they actually aired this story or not.

kdka.com...

It would be something if someone actually found solid hard evidence someday, or was able to take a decent picture of one.

Wig

posted on Jan, 7 2006 @ 04:23 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

join