It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feeling somethings there!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2005 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Having grown up in a generaly unpopulated area i have grown up in the woods so to speak.In my area there is an extreme amount of paranormal activity.It is strange because the whole county is haunted.Its very creepy.

I would like to talk about those empty fields and dank forests,abandoned buildings and dark hallways that we all know too well.Many paople might not believe in "such things now",but face it people we all once did.How many of us would run up the basement stairs or cross the street to avoid an abandoned building?How many of us have strange recolecctions of mystical happenings and nightmares of creatures under the bed.Many adults shirk this off as imagination or whatever.Teaching children that such ways of thinking are nonsense.

A great teacher of mine once told me that when we are young we have many powers and senses .Many of us cannot handle such powers so we ask them to go away either completely or until we can handle them.I managed to keep most of mine and develope them due to almost no interest with civilization.

Even though most of us "know" that there is nothing there,we still get an eerie feeling.We all use our not so recognized senses.I think there is more like eight or nine senses?

[edit on 26-12-2005 by toraylin]

posted on Dec, 26 2005 @ 04:17 PM
link   
In regards to teaching children that mystical happenings and creatures under the bed are a nonsense, I can see your point. However, I think you have to be careful not to scare them either. Perhaps if we don't know the exact reason why these things occur (which I would think is the case almost all the time) we should make up positive explanations so as to not create unnecessary fear. Ultimately the prime objective of most parents is to elimiate ideas that may cause our children to be frightened unnecessarily. Perhaps this way it will also enable them to be more open to developing these many powers and senses that we all possess.

posted on Dec, 28 2005 @ 09:32 PM
link   
I don't know, because teaching a child that some of his "perceptions" are nonsense, it may "block" his senses, as it has happened to almost all of us here.

Instead, i think it would be better to help the child to understand and control his perceptions.

posted on Dec, 28 2005 @ 09:41 PM
link   
I wasn't suggesting we should teach children their perceptions are a nonsense, I was implying that we should come up with positive explanations of what these noises are so as to not frighten them or cause them to close off those perceptive abilities.

posted on Dec, 28 2005 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Now i understand.

Well, pretty hard tho, because one must be very careful and deeply ponder explanations...!!

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 12:01 AM
link   
I believe these are the energies of our past, as we "evolve" throughout the generation we start to lose what we once found to be important. In times of old for instance, religion was big, much like pagons and the Stonehenge, a symbol of great power and success. Perhaps through the years these additional energies we once used so keenly have found little use in this materialistic and technology driven world. Kind of makes me sick to think about it. Tell my your opinion on this Toraylin

[edit on 12-1-2006 by Siphous]

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Siphous let me say that yes.The powers that be I have found do not listen to the flow of modern civilization.Where most is forgotten and the world has been foreshadowed by human self importance.Unfortunately I have never been able to flow the same way to this civilization,Not that it is a bad thing...Just hard to be outside of the circle and basically working alone.

As we age we can not age.It depends on how much you pay attention to the civilized world.Remember that all these phones and televisions are extreme when it comes to alienating yourself with your true exsistence.

I would like to now bring up a point of my friend majic

quote( maybe the whole point of being here is to develop an ego and become all that is human.
Perhaps only then is it possible to move beyond this point in our growth)majic

I often connect with the whole destiney way of thinking.I realize that although we have opinions as to what is happening,regardless it is happening.To try to surpass our own thoughts and desires and egos.We must understand them?Now majic truly offers me new grounds to explore.
too often when we can create truth in ourselves based on personal opinions without observing what we are doing.This is where civilization comes in.It is up to you to decide what you do in it.

I think humanity is awakening together.All part of the picture mabey.Most important is to focus on yourself.I dont drive i dont watch t.v I dont like scociety but without it i would not have attained all of my knowledge I believe we should focus on what is beneficial and just convienience...
all for now..Toraylin....The Scarecrow

top topics

join