It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God is the universe theory? anyone know much about this...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 11:13 PM
link   
I've heard this theory bounced around a bit in different forms, but only in rumours and what not, I was wondering if anyone had any sites that could relate to it.

If you look at the human body there are hundreds of organisms, working together, to help us survive, not knowing that they exist simply to help us live. Or take a jellyfish for example, thousands of organisms, together they make one organism. This theory is basically saying that god is the colabarate mind of all of us, looking at earth, we all interact and work together helping eachother(most of the time). Then if you were to look at the whole existance, and all its creatures, it's like one big organism, e.g. GOD.

any comments or know any sources on similiar stuff? Cheers

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 11:23 PM
link   
i've nver heard/read anyone put this theory out before, but i've had those same ideas in my own search.. and actually, that's pretty much where my theory on what/who g-d is stands at the moment.. however, i know it's not complete..

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Yes god is everything.We are all part of one giant organism so to speak we are all energy.Now we have a very hard time understanding everything because we are new to the game.But yes god is the universe itself in a way.The more you study science the more everything seems to not make sense.We are god in a sense for we act out the intentions of it or him or whatever.People seem to think that there is some guy out there watching us.It doesnt work that way.You and i were taught that we send signals from our brain to our body to tell it to move.Recent studies of the brain have proven that we actualy move our body then send a signal to our brain or something like that.There is so many complex things going on that arnt really physicaly there like our thoughts and feelings how we walk one way not the next how we run into this person.One of my light teachers taught me that the universe wants us to succeed in its will for us and will
help us do what we are supposed to so a,on the flip side to that if we go against it,it will send us warnings until finally giving up and moving on to the next one.Until you listen that is......I dont know...

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 01:20 AM
link   
I also had this thought arise in my own progression, and I really don't see any other explanation that would fittingly describe God in accordance with the myriad facets we are given to understand, here and there. To some, those traits might seem contradictory and so therefore some 'right' and 'some' wrong. This idea of God is one that causes all duality to become unity--and the ultimate proof of both religion and science. Which turn out to be Yin and Yang, or perhaps Romulus and Remus, instead of battling fields of man's limited process of thought.

But I understand God to be the Most High, and The All, the Pleroma, the Energy, the Source, the Mind, and the Will. All seeing and all knowing is truly only feasible if God is the energy that is both power and substance--the Creator as well as the Creation. We are in the individual components of creation, and through material creation God's thought was voiced and the name spoken formed the Universe. In every quark and molecule and particle that is, God is. He holds it together and contains it and there is nothing outside of God.

To say God is the universe is really only saying that we understand Him to be all that we perceive as existing. But that is not to say there is nothing else, and that perhaps He is even more than the Universe. Who knows if there is more? We don't even know what the universe is made of, really--we know the scientific data from the results of our feeble arms of experiment and exploration, and we base our understandings upon our findings and their relation to how we know our own world to behave. But who is to say that it is absolute? That our ideas of what light is, and gravity, and nuclear energy are not just incomplete descriptions of things that we cannot comprehend?

In fact, who is to say, for sure, that we are not actually in the 'abyss' in our universe, and that the black holes that seem so mysterious and final in their light consuming vortexes are not wormholes but actually the passage out of a place more dark than light into the next dimension where the real light is, and
that much closer to understanding what God is.

And if this were the darkness and what is literally death, then the whole fathomless universe that we can barely perceive might turn out to be nothing more than a tiny little offshoot that is for the purpose of education and will be completely absorbed back into the light at the moment the Earth hits the event horizon?

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 10:32 AM
link   

God is the universe theory? anyone know much about this...

I have pondered some on this and....

This may either support your theory or throw a wrench in it, but:

Show me anything in the material world that when you add enough pressure to it, it can cease to exist.

Is there anything that can be squeezed out of existance?

Who is to say consciousness itself isn't the same way?

So, using your imagination, what do you think happens to consciousness when it enters a black hole?

What do you think happens to the consciousnesses of Worlds when they enter a black hole?

If infinite pressure is applied to them, then perhaps they bounce throughout all infinity, very very very small, and phasing in and out of existance everywhere.

If I were to shrink you down to the size of an atom, and ask you to reach out and grab me an electron, a proton, or a neutron. . .. . . you could not do it.

The small peices that comprise us and all matter are not matter at all.

Protons, electrons, and neutrons are compressed energy, compressed light.

So, utilizing all you know, what has the power to condense light?

What has the energy to capture light, and compress it into a form that would resemble matter?

A black hole.

Since we are made of matter, and it is possible that matter is only light compressed inward with infinite force, then all we can see and physically touch has gone through black holes.

Perhaps this would explain the 1 ultimate observer concept, and explain the universal consciousness concept as well.

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Perhaps what we perceive as pressure strong enough to vacuum both light and what we feel is solid matter

(but really just particles held together by forces that might be defined as 'pressure'--I am no physicist of either practical or theoretical knowledge, please remember when my words reveal my ignorance)

into a vortex than appears to be terminated in a thing so tight and small that it must surely equate to 'annhilation' and 'non-existence'...

perhaps this speck of seemingly no power to contain the 'largeness and mass' of our reality is actually a portal to a state that we cannot reconcile as being compatible with life as we know it--but is a place/state/reality that is full of things that require not even particles, where light is pure waveform and its duality is resolved into perfection...

And despite it's being far more populated with life than the world, at it's most populated state and including all the life unseen in our galaxy, is only a very small proportion of in comparison--that despite that, it is still more empty than full, and the emptiness is what draws us into it, rather than some unseen force of catatrophic compression...

And that the entering in purifies all the reality by purging it from it's particulate
identity--and that what we perceive as a black hole is none other than our ultimate destination. First, one by one, then at some point in the near or far reaching incomprehensible future, all the remainder of the whole that is still in this darkness that we call the universe.

Has anyone read any accounts of NDE's?

posted on Dec, 24 2005 @ 04:26 PM
link   
"g-d" is light..
Esoteric Teacher, your post reminded me of a series of thoughts i had not too long ago...

so "g-d" is light.

.. when it comes down to it, everything is light..vibrating at different rates.. matter is light vibrating slow..

"g-d" is everything.
part of us all.

.. matter cannot be created or detroyed, only changed in form..
"g-d" is infinite..always has been, always will be...

.. so if the world is made of "g-d"... ..that poses no problems for me.

..however, seeing "him" as ..conscious poses a problem for me....
i can't see it that "g-d" is conscious of himself.. or.. i can't understand how..before there was anything..when "he" was all that was, i don't understand how self awareness could exist. (and i cannot possibly put my thoughts into words, so if this stuff doesn't make sense, ..let me know, let me work on it. )
parts of me want to say "g-d" can only exist through "his" parts..
creation was the only way he could see what he was... or something like that.

i'll have to see if i can't find my journaled ramblings where i was finding better words, better comprehensive ways of explaining this..

posted on Dec, 24 2005 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by hollyjo
so "g-d" is light.

.. when it comes down to it, everything is light..vibrating at different rates.. matter is light vibrating slow..

"g-d" is everything.
part of us all.

.. matter cannot be created or detroyed, only changed in form..
"g-d" is infinite..always has been, always will be...

Perhaps it is more 'energy' than matter--as physics has discovered, both matter and work are energy--the creation and the creative force.

..however, seeing "him" as ..conscious poses a problem for me....
i can't see it that "g-d" is conscious of himself.. or.. i can't understand how..before there was anything..when "he" was all that was, i don't understand how self awareness could exist. (and i cannot possibly put my thoughts into words, so if this stuff doesn't make sense, ..let me know, let me work on it. )
parts of me want to say "g-d" can only exist through "his" parts..
creation was the only way he could see what he was... or something like that.

Yes!!!

Man created in God's image--an image is a reflection. If not for a mirror or someone else to communicate with, would we really conceive of ourselves? Would we actually exist? Why would we think, if there were nothing to think on, no reflection of self in the glass or in another person's eyes?

My ideas are this:

God was--without form and void.
Not vain (void) but empty (void).
A thought came and in that thought, an image arose, and the image was given a name when the thought was spoken.

Would God exist without creation? Why would He need to? He has always been? Then so has both sides of reality.

But only when man began to ponder himself, through the contrast of his own reflection with God, the original, did we perceive that we existed and that God existed.

Because only when there were two particles of light trying to fill one singular space could anything like the 'Big bang' occur. And just like splitting atoms destroy, do colliding atoms create.

But in the end, it is all light. And light is love. And that's as simple as it can possibly get.

posted on Dec, 24 2005 @ 05:33 PM
link   
This is true if you look into Hinduism, or even modern string theory. All matter and energy in our universe is connected at the most basic level. You are everything , and everything is you.

By the way wes_mc_11, jellyfish are a single organism. The Portuguese Man O' War is a siphonophor. It looks like a jellyfish, but is just a collection of four different types of polyps.

new topics

top topics

join