It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massachusetts sightings?? Hot Spots for UFO's??

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Hey, it's great to find out other folks in my area, I live on the South Shore in Mass. In Bridgewater specifically, I myself have been looking for hotspots in the area, but haven't found much yet. I've been outside during the summer and amongst the drunken college students hollering and acting like total asses, I've heard some sounds off in the distance that sound like no animal I'm familiar with, usually late late at night. I've never pinpointed the source, due to it being so random.
Supposedly I've read that Hockomoc swamp that runs through the area has provided on more than one occasion some indian apparitions, besides being the main breeding source for triple E mosquitos.
I'd be interested to find out more about this "MIB" prison in Plymouth, I've got some friends that live in Plymouth, I'll have to prod for info to see if they know anything about it.

good stuff,

-art

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alpha Grey
Anyone else in the New England area see anything ?? lets hear it all !! anyone ever get a good pic in this area ??

My only ufo experiences happened in Mass. I saw 2 in one day, almost the same location. This happened back in the mid 80's a when I was growing up. First one about 4AM, it was your typical saucer design but it was a bright yellow/orange in color. Almost like the same color as the setting sun. It had a ring of black dots around the middle of the craft, which I would describe as portholes. This craft hovered over my house for at least 20 minutes.

Second one, later that day. It was after school (maybe 3-4pm) and I was riding my bike around my neighborhood, and a sliver saucer flew past me right in front of were I was riding my bike. It was probably couple hundered feet off the ground and traveling faster than any airplane could travel. This happened about 500 yards from my house where the first encounter took place.

I would love hear of any experiences in the 80s in Mass.

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Hello All,
Great sight and I hope to be a welcomed member of the forum.
To the Guy who lives in Methuen, I was on The Methuen website today looking up some personal info when I stumbled upon a UFo sighting under the historic section of the website. Their it tells of an "unidentified flying object" sighted in the 60's.
I have posted
a link to the Methuen town website. On the 2nd paragraph down under chapter one is where you will find the story. I remember back in the mid 90's I was dating a girl who lived off of Hampstead street in Methuen, and one summer evening her dad said he saw a UFO in his back yard. He said he saw a sphere purple and red in color which he said seemed to look like the colors where reflecting out of it not actually an illumination like a light, it was larger than a basketball zipping above tree level, and then it shot straight up, out of sight. Nothing ever came of it and he was not interested in reporting it for the famous " They will come lock me away in the nut house" excuse. Anyway it is great to see others from "mingya Valley" in here.

Take care
Jason

www.methuenhistory.org...

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Myles Standish in Plymouth is a huge area look there for answers.

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 04:42 PM
link   
I live in Merrimac Mass along the border to New Hampshire. My house is located on a hill that overlooks Lake Attitash. Over the course of my life my friends and I have all experienced strange and unusual lights in the sky over the lake. My friends who have seen them also live on the lake. The lights look like planes at first glance but they lack blinking lights and they do things that arent possible for any aircraft ive ever heard of. Its quite unusual but its common knowledge in my town and everyone refers to them as the Lights of Attitash.

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Bridgewater Triangle is a HUGE spot for supposed paranormal activity. From UFO's to bigfoot to dimensional vorticies. Google it and you will get alot of info. I even think wikipedia has an article on it.

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 11:56 AM
link   
I have checked that out on everything on the net.....I just wish the damn UFO's would come to my place (for a nice cold Molson on tap !)

Maybe someday....my luck will change......

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Regarding the mysterious prison, maybe Google Earth would be a good place to check.

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 03:59 AM
link   
Long-time Massachusetts native here...

The only two UFO stories I have are from my girlfriend's grandmother and uncle, who saw one in the early 1960s in Dudley. It's been years since we discussed it, but as far as I can remember it was at night and the only things they could discern was a circular craft with different-colored lights along the edges. It flew silently and then flew away within the blink of an eye. That's as specific as I can get without asking them again, sorry to disappoint all of you detail hounds!

The second one is a sighting my brother and a bunch of his friends has in the Burncoat area of Worcester, late 1980s. I will never forget it because they came running into the house to terrified that even the kids who lived just a few houses away refused to leave the house again and their parents had to come pick them up. If I had been outside I would probably have seen it, wish I was! Anyhow...I can ask my brother again, but all I know is that they saw a strange-looking craft flying silently and at a very low altitude. I believe (but am not sure) it was either constantly emitting, or it "shot", a beam of white light straight down at one point, which caused the boys to run into the house in terror.

Furthurmore...

1) I seriously doubt there is any kind of detention facility in Plymouth as someone mentioned. I believe some things I have done in my line of work (law enforcement, including some regional, state, and federal task forces) would have certainly made me aware of it.

2) I do believe there is something at Quabbin, and believe I mentioned it to someone who has posted to this thread in the course of our U2Us about a year ago (you know who you are). Whether it is under the reservoir, on an island (or islands), near one of the shores, or whatever...I believe something odd is going on there. I knew someone who had some particularly strange experiences there, and those combined with things I have heard from acquaintances of mine who had to be near that area in official capacities, lead me to believe that something is amiss. What is is, I do not know, but I have some suspicions. I do not care to share them publicly since it would reveal what kinds of people had told me the stories, and they would not welcome the attention.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Here is a video shot in Massachusetts
UFO Massachusetts New UFO

And here is a video that could debunk the UFO video (link above),
debunk Massachusetts UFO

If Roswell was a weather baloon,
then this UFO is easily debunked as well.
See the similiarities between the UFO in the first video
and the known object in the second video?

What do you think?

[edit on 25-6-2009 by imd12c4funn]

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Since I am from Ma I'll throw in my 2 cents on this thread even though its an old one.I did a quick search on ATS and found nothing about it so I'll put this out there.Years ago my dad told me that there was an underground bunker built underneath the Mount Holyoke range he said they used to store missles there I am not sure about that but after the military was done using it it was supposedly turned over to the Federal Reserve who is using it now who knows.Heres a link to it on Google Earth.Well I can't figure out how to make a link to the place on Google Maps but if you put in this in the fly to it will bring you there

Military Rd, Amherst, MA 01002

I would love to know if there is any more info on this place around.

Well I guess I should have googled this first.

ludb.clui.org...

[edit on 8-7-2010 by skeeterslint]

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Black Tri in mass 2011

Black Tri in Amherst 2013

I myself had an experience with the black triangle in mid 90`s in Blanford mass on the Tennessee pipline, while camping.

Also saw something in Becket Mass while camping on my land with my son. I got some footage

red orb

Alot of people think its a Chinese Ballon but I checked the wind patterns on that day on Wunderground weather and it was blowing the opposite direction.

Bill

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 09:44 AM
link   
I'm a longtime resident of Massachusetts. Personally I've had a few sightings-One in Melrose while golfing, one nearby my house in Boston and one up in the Lowell Area.

I'm surprised nobody mentioned the following but there have been a few more "noted' sightings-including a large scale sighting in Southwick in 2008 that was featured on a documentary I believe on the Travel Channel. Also a alleged abduction occurred near the old Iron Works area in Saugus back in the 80's.

Southwick UFO video: www.youtube.com...

Snippit about the Saugus abduction: books.google.com... en&sa=X&ei=ItbyUIL3BoWN0QHZn4GQDw&ved=0CC0Q6AEwAA

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by SigmapiHT103

Southwick UFO video:

I'd say its been there longer than 24 hours as to me it appears to be a Star , there are many videos on youtube of Arcturus that look the same ... here's one .

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 10:07 AM
link   
I was able to find this on the Southwick UFO sighting. I spent a lot of time in Southwick back in the college years as I dated someone there. It does have a fair amount of air traffic from Bradley Airport-which lends a little more credibility to the sightings. It's not as if nobody sees a low flying aircraft in that area.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alpha Grey
It funny how things happen....
While reading Obscure's post regarding a supposed secret prison in plymouth I happened to mention it to my buudy who's house I was at while checking in here at ATS and out of nowhere he blurts out "its true..seen it..." now this floors me
so I ask "are you kidding me..no bull right??" and he says " yup seen it...passed by it on the way to a job....boss told me to keep it quiet". (my buddy's a construction worker) said he saw a fenced in area with a few buildings in it guarded by guys dressed all in black...with machine guns of course. said a black humvee followed them for a mile or two...then left.

sounds real to me.....

I am born and raised in Plymouth. Do you have any more information about this secret prison? I've seen a lot of strange things in the skies my time living here and there are always state licensed vehicles driving around looking suspicious. Where is this secret prison? I think I know what you are talking about but I just want to make sure.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join