It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush finally said something right.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 07:18 PM
link   
" US President George W. Bush has called Iran "a real threat", repeated his charge from 2002 that it was part of an "axis of evil", and urged Tehran to prove it does not seek nuclear weapons."

Wow, this is a good political ploy in my mind..

He can start using this challenge, and when IRAN doesnt comply.. could he use that as a reason?

" We gave IRAN the chance, the opportunity and the bottom line by requesting to them, to PROVE beyond a a doubt they ARENT making nookular weapons. They have failed. The US and it coalition are giving the Iranian president 48 hours to hand himself over, or he will be caught and tried for this Outrageous finatical stance, THE US does NOT STAND for WMDs in the hands of terrorists.

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 07:23 PM
link   
you're being sarcastic right ?

[sarcasm]
Iran: The Sequel to Iraq - War coming to a country nowhere near U so U don't really have to worry about all the people dying just because President Bush said so

[/sarcasm]

[edit on 14-12-2005 by ImJaded]

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 07:28 PM
link   
The real question is that when ( and we will) attack Iran, what will the reaction of North Korea be? We know that 3 countries were named in the Axis of Evil, with two of them taking on the US will NK make this the real 3rd world war?

[edit on 14-12-2005 by Dreamz]

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Course im bein over the top..
but honestly...

... they only need the war to be ' technically ' right.. like iraq.. the us gvt doesnt care about public outcry..

if they can create a resonable enough scenario, and deam themselves responsible to remedy the issue... then can you see, any mass protests stopping him?... sure did a lot last time... Im all for them, but basically who's really gunna listen?

They've even publically stated to the WORLD, they are going to get IRAN regardless of who's responsible for the next attack.... that they supposidly dont know about.

So yeah, in a way im being serious.

I will have a quiet chuckle inside, when hear bush say
" we gave iran the opportunity to prove they wasnt making nukes "

mark my words....

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop

I will have a quiet chuckle inside, when hear bush say
" we gave iran the opportunity to prove they wasnt making nukes "

mark my words....

I'll keep an eye out
lol
Ok and yeah I knew U were serious to an extent, don't disagree with anything U just said.

*sigh* more war blah

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 07:37 PM
link   

... they only need the war to be ' technically ' right.. like iraq.. the us gvt doesnt care about public outcry..

Ill disagree, the Congress is who is responsible to a far greater extent on who we go to war with than the administration currently in office. And we all know congressmen/women care for mainly their constituency. So saying they dont care about public opinion is flat out wrong IMO and at the time of Iraq war, it was heavily supported by the nation to the tone of almost 2-1.

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 07:43 PM
link   
fair enough.

... but really... that speaks for itsself..

Just because we were duped doesnt mean a a thing..
but when the internal network were ' also ' duped..

that means something..

Im not saying bush can manipulate the recomendations of the congress, but he managed to fool them once.. and once is one to many times in my mind when your dealing with things at this higher level...

This is the super power of the world, man in space, computers, largest economy, rah rah rah... how did we miss these hijackers training inside our schools.... how did we have so much hard concrete evidence iraq was possession chemical weapons... how can we have this much firepowre to remove an entire nation.. yet we cant find one man in a cave?

these to many very large question marks over the entire process... to put my faith that the congress will stop the next stupid move.

[edit on 14-12-2005 by Agit8dChop]

[edit on 14-12-2005 by Agit8dChop]

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 08:16 PM
link   
I think people overlook the whole hijacker thing. I never understood why people think it would be so difficult. I mean seriously, people come freely into this country all the time, why should we be looking twice at just a few people from a different country? I could see if only a few from these countries were allowed here, but there are millions every year that come and go. Getting into a flight program wouldnt be all that difficult if you had qualifications and passed a pre-screening which is entirely possible and getting onto planes with box cutters doesnt seem like it wouldve been that hard in those days. I understand the intelligence couldve done more, but infiltrating a group like Al - Queda cant and wont ever be done very easily. I guess I dont understand the sentiment we couldve stopped it because unless we had agents inside Al Queda at very high levels, its next to impossible to stop.

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 08:19 PM
link   
The thing is that the FBI had men TAILING them while they attended the flightschools. They knew these guys were on the watch list, and when the admiinistration was contacted, nothing happene.

Bush says this was a complete surprise, but back in the 1990s yousefs laptop which was capture had PLANS to attack the Wtc with planes.

I agree that it wouldnt be hard to pull off.. but when your on a list, and your being watched.. theres something fishy tgere

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 08:41 PM
link   
I know were your going but I dont see it as fishy, just human error and lack of communication on the potential of this. Humans make errors all the time especially with intelligence as has been admitted.

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Ok humans make errors... i think the problem is that all the errors seem to fit into a nice tight little package that was fed to the people.

Isnt it easier to admit u made mistakes then to admit u had anything to do with it.

top topics

join