It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus Never Existed. End of story.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 05:36 PM
link   
The Bible - The Greatest STORY ever told. Think about that.

But it is also the greatest LIE ever told.

Religion? Don't even get me started. For man who looks up to the skies for salvation is a fool. Look inside yourself. Change your ways and you will change others. Love is the ultimate truth. And it is the only real thing that can and will turn this planet around to the paradise that once was.

When will the world wake up to the truth?

www.thegodmovie.com...
Watch This Documentary! Explosive Evidence!

www.jesusneverexisted.com...

Most important question: Where's the historical evidence? Even if he did exist, the church probably used him for their own twisted agenda to enslave the minds of many. Having the world believe that the true way to the heavens i

By the way, the word church comes from the witch goddess Circe.

"The Greek word ekklesia is translated as CHURCH in English. Church or kirke comes from the Greek goddess CIRCE who specialized in turning men into PIGS....Here is the definition of the word "CHURCH" from the FINAL AUTHORITY on word meanings: the Oxford English Dictionary:

"CHURCH: FORMS: (a) cirice, cyrice, chiriche, churiche, chereche, (b) CIRCE, cyrce, chyrce, cirke, etc., etc.,
"The ulterior derivation has been keenly disputed. The L. circus, and a Gothic word kélikn 'tower, upper chamber' (app. originally Gaulish) have both been proposed (the latter suggested by the Alemannic chilihha), but are set aside as untenable; and there is now a general agreement among scholars in referring it to the Greek word, properly kurion adj. 'of the Lord, dominicum, dominical' (f. Kurios lord), which occurs, from the 3rd century at least, used substantively (sc. doma, or the like) = 'house of the Lord', as a name of the Christian house of worship. Of this the earliest cited instances are in the Apostolical Constitutions (II. 59), a 300, the edict of Maximinus (303-13), cited by Eusebius (Eccl. Hist. ix. 10) a 324, the Councils of Ancyra 314 (Canon 15), Neo-Caesarea 314-23 (Can. 5), and Laodicea (Can. 28). Thenceforward it appears to have been in fairly common use in the East: e.g., Constantine named several churches built by him Kuriaka (Eusebius De Laud. Const. xvii),"(Oxford English Dictionary)."

The Anatomy of a Church

www.freedomdomain.com...

If only people knew, do you think they will still attend this..."church"?

The Church is corrupt. It is far from being holy.

So is our beliefs in god and religion.

Here's another hint: The entire bible is based on astrology. Yes, it's that simple. Once your perspective changes when reading the bible looking through the eyes of astrological science, everything will make sense.

jordanmaxwell.com...

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Wow the blatant ignorance of any serious historian's point of view is all too obvious in this post. Have you ever heard of Josephus, Tacitus, Lucian, Mara Bor, or any of the other historians not only documented Christ the PERSON, but his crucifixion. This post really suprised me.

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Hate to break it to you but the Bible is not the only book in which you will find that Jesus did exist.
If you check out the Koran, you will see that Jesus is also mentioned there
www.islam-101.org...

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 05:59 PM
link   
I figured I would list some more historians who document Christ's existence: Clement of Rome, Ignatius, Tertullian, Origen, Dyonisius. Even the Talmud documents the crucifixion of Jesus.

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 06:15 PM
link   
eudaimonia

The greek word for Church is EKKLISIA.....it actually means to gather!
The early Church gathered together in peoples homes to worship God..
Whenthe gatherings became many , many people, the peoples homes could not fit all ....so a place of worship was built!

It doesn't matter whether one is a priest or a common person, we all ''Fall short of the Glory of God'' and being in the position of a priest, they face more temptations because of their position......who are we judge them!
If only we would look at ourselves and judge ourselves firstly , then maybe we would HUMBLY ask for Gods forgiveness and win Gods LOVE!

Religion? Don't even get me started. For man who looks up to the skies for salvation is a fool. Look inside yourself. Change your ways and you will change others. Love is the ultimate truth. And it is the only real thing that can and will turn this planet around to the paradise that once was.

tHERE YOU GO!
You said it!
LOVE......if only people loved more and stopped JUDGing others, then maybe we wont be having so many arguments and disagreements on WORLD PEACE.....for it is written, when PEACE .....
“The day of the Lord will come like a thief in the night. For when people will say,’There is peace and security,’ then sudden destruction will come upon them” (1 Thes. 5:2-3)

The greatest LIE ever told is that God does not exist!
God is LOVE.....
God is love (I John 4:8).
and as GrendelsBacon has said...

Have you ever heard of Josephus, Tacitus, Lucian, Mara Bor, or any of the other historians not only documented Christ the PERSON, but his crucifixion.

The Psalms also clearly speak of this: "By the Word of the Lord the Heavens were established, and all the might of them by the Spirit of His mouth" (Ps. 32:6). Here "Word" means the Son of God, "Lord" means God the Father and "the Spirit (breath) of His mouth" means God the Holy Spirit.

The Son of God, Jesus Christ, is plainly called "Word" in the Gospel: "In the beginning was the Word...and the Word was God...all things were made by Him, and without Him was not anything made that was made" (John 1:1-3).

It is especially important for us to know this, because the creation of the world would have been impossible if there had not first been the voluntary will of the Son of God to endure the sacrifice of the Cross for the salvation of the world. "All things were created by Him" (the Son of God) "and for Him: and He is before all things, and by Him all things consist: And He is the head of the body, the Church: Who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things He might have pre-eminence. For it pleased the Father, that in Him should all fullness dwell; And, having made peace through the blood of His Cross, by Him to reconcile all things unto Himself; by Him, whether they be things in earth or things in Heaven" (Col. 1:16-20).

ABOVE QUOTE
Take care...
IX
helen

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 07:01 PM
link   
I am the last person in the world who would ever argue for structured religion. I debate the fact that God exists. But I don't think I could argue the existance of Jesus (which you never backed up, by the way. Isn't it the title of your thread?). He could have easily been a real person. God is the one who cannot be proven.

How can anything that brings people together under one roof, peacefully, be bad in any way? Do you honestly believe that the faith is corrupted, or the people that follow the faith are corrupted?

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 07:07 PM
link   

[edit on 14/12/05 by The Surrealist]

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 07:21 PM
link   
those historians that mentioned jesus either: weren't in israel at the time, were alive long after he died, or were christians (ie inigo aka st. ignatius).

there aren't any accounts from the LIFE of jesus, or even anything about him from his formative years (except for a few weird stories in the gnostic gospels).

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Kenshiro:
If your proof of jesus is that he was mentioned in the Kuran...well you ain't got much. The Kuran, best I can figure, was written much like the bible, by committee, over several decades by people who didn't know each other or any of the principal characters.
The best information we have is that there is no evidence that jesus was anything more than the construct of a tax collector called Saul, name later changed for proprietary reasons by people who didn't know him.
There is as much evidence for the existance of jesus as there is for the exiatance of the exodus...absolutely NONE!
skep

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 07:31 PM
link   
People have been trying to save, change, improve "themselves", from the inside, since we first walked the earth, and guess what, EVERY attempt at "enlightening" mankind has failed.

Now consider India, the nation so big on, working on their inner being, vegetarianism, peace, etc.; how just is that nation at looking after it's people; poverty, disease, corruption, filth...they justify this state of being on the 'law of karma' and 'reincarnation'...into the same sick, sad, unjust world...

What Christ promises is resurrection into a perfect world and perfect body and He demonstated the fact of that resurrection.

That's why so many people risked their lives to keep telling that TRUTH and not letting it be forgotten, ever since His resurrection, despite no worldly power or rewards comming with the faith for generations, untill others, who couldn't kill the faith, adopted and corrupted the message that is still there to be read by anyone who cares to.

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 07:32 PM
link   
I would have to say, you obviously haven't researched Jesus very well, because believe it or not, he said the exact same thing you just did...

It is inside you.

You are correct about religeon, christians and the whole rant but Jesus spoke of the Christ within you... Jesus himself said let Christ form in you as it has formed in me.

Don't be a hater, try understanding the man, and not the people talking about the man.

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by suzy ryan
People have been trying to save, change, improve "themselves", from the inside, since we first walked the earth, and guess what, EVERY attempt at "enlightening" mankind has failed.

Now consider India, the nation so big on, working on their inner being, vegetarianism, peace, etc.; how just is that nation at looking after it's people; poverty, disease, corruption, filth...they justify this state of being on the 'law of karma' and 'reincarnation'...into the same sick, sad, unjust world...

What Christ promises is resurrection into a perfect world and perfect body and He demonstated the fact of that resurrection.

That's why so many people risked their lives to keep telling that TRUTH and not letting it be forgotten, ever since His resurrection, despite no worldly power or rewards comming with the faith for generations, untill others, who couldn't kill the faith, adopted and corrupted the message that is still there to be read by anyone who cares to.

india's problems aren't the fault of hinduism, they're the fault of the west primarily. india was thriving more than any area in europe during the "dark ages" (you know, the period that was so bad that people turned to jesus instead of trying harder).

i'm unaware of any attempts to enlighten humanity as a whole, could i be given some examples?

suzy, what i read in what you type is that a person can only achieve betterment through another.

also, christianity isn't the only religion with martyrs. buddhist monks lit themselves on fire to protest (they did this because they knew they'd be executed in prison for their stance against china)

*Graphic Image*

Mod Edit: Reduced Graphic Image To Link With Warning.

[edit on 14/12/2005 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Saul who became Paul was not a tax collector. He was a tentmaker.

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by GrendelsBacon
Wow the blatant ignorance of any serious historian's point of view is all too obvious in this post. Have you ever heard of Josephus, Tacitus, Lucian, Mara Bor, or any of the other historians not only documented Christ the PERSON, but his crucifixion. This post really suprised me.

I've been studying Josephus for a few months now. The main text version I've been reading is edited by a Christian and I've read his disertation wherein he "proves" Jesus through the writings of Josephus. Well, if you really read the words of Josephus without any particular religious frame of reference, you can see it's quite a stretch! The words that Josephus actualy uses are in the context of "this is what certain people have said and/or believe" - no first-hand accounts of anything. More than anything, you can tell that Josephus is making no claim to the accuracy of those stories - just relating the tales that have been circulating among the followers.

Interestingly, also, read Josephus and several others when they discuss the crucifixion/resurection stories - see if you see anything in there that proclaims that Jesus actually died. Many, if not most, say he was "condemned to the cross" and was "seen among his followers in the days following". Hmmm...OK, that fits a death/resurection story but, it also fits perfectly well with the story that he did not die and was removed from the cross and "resuscitated" (which is actually the correct translation of the word so often mistranslated as "resurrection").

What we find in several of those other ancient authors that are frequently cited is something like "according to Josephus...." - back to the same source material which is nothing more than a repeating of a story that was going around...far too shakey to be in any way conclusive.

BTW - I'm not taking one side or another in this...I'm just pointing out that all the "proofs" for the Biblical/Gospel stories about Jesus, using other sources, are not proof of any kind. If I write about "The Great Pumpkin" and quote Charles Schultz, that doesn't make it true - even though he was actually present during the "birth" of this Holy Vegetable.

Sorry for any spelling errors.

[edit on 14-12-2005 by Al Davison]

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by queenannie38
Saul who became Paul was not a tax collector. He was a tentmaker.

yes he pitched a very large tent upon seeing jesus for the first time

sorry I couldn't resist

I think the most interesting thing that should be mentioned about Jesus is not whether or not he in fact existed, but where did those missing years of his life take him? And why were those books taken out of the version of the bible that many religions adhere to today?

Even if he did not exist, the content of those books could give us some insight as to what ideas the catholic / christian church were apparently afraid of.

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by eudaimonia
The Bible - The Greatest STORY ever told. Think about that.

But it is also the greatest LIE ever told.

And beliefs such as you have posted here will damn you eternally to hell. Truly, End of story! I will pray for your soul

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 10:36 PM
link   
I think the reason this topic comes up so often is because Jesus wasn't as big as he is portrayed in the bible.

I think that Jesus was a real man who achieved Christhood. I think the stories in the bible are greatly exaggerated to appeal to the masses.

I think he was man who was enlightened similar to how Buddha did.

I think his sermons were true.

I think stories of others around that time were mixed in with Jesus' and that made him larger than life. With a life that large, one would expect there to be other literature on him. However, if he was a simple man, he would not be written about like most others aren't.

I think it is still important to listen to his message, but I think the stories are exaggerated. That IS something that humans would do. We have all painted stories a brighter color than the original.

Sadly, what I think doesn't matter, because this debate will come up again and again with no one ever finding a common ground like it has for the last 2000 years.

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 11:07 PM
link   
www.jesusneverexisted.com...

what did you find convincing from that site?

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by godservant
I think the reason this topic comes up so often is because Jesus wasn't as big as he is portrayed in the bible.

Sadly, what I think doesn't matter, because this debate will come up again and again with no one ever finding a common ground like it has for the last 2000 years.

I dig what you are saying. I think that is an accurate assessment, no doubt.

I would say that there is a major assumption that His fame and 'household name' status was something that was the same 2000 years ago as it is today. As well as the lack of realization that it was not His being the first-born of the dead, or 'the way the truth and the life' or even as the first begotten Son of God that caused Him to go from obscurity to global recognition (in all terms man applies to Him, whether it be Christ, 'holy vegetable,' fairy tale, etc) in 2000 years...but rather the theft and defamation which started with Constantine's clever solution for uniting a starting-to-fray-at-the-religious-seams Roman empire.

It wasn't truth that spread the truth--essentially the lie has served far better than the truth in disseminating the name of God as manifested in the Son of Man.

That is what 'the fullness of the gentiles' is all about.

What did Paul say?

Philippians 1:18
But what does it matter? Just this, that in every way, whether in pretense or in truth, Christ is being proclaimed, and because of this I rejoice. Yes, I will continue to rejoice

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 02:55 AM
link   
ha! im a athiest, but im no idiot.. there is as much historical evidence for jesus exsistance than what there is for julia cesars!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join