It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New? Lost? No worrys just come here,

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by bugs_n_recovery

Stars are just for good posts. If you think a post is good you can give it a star. All it means is someone thought that post was good.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Hi and thanks for having this thread for us n00bs.

Is there a list of ATS-specific acronyms anywhere?

After a few threads I figured out some of them, like OP and FDR (not our late president but Flight Data Recorder), but a few are still confusing me, like what's MSM when it's obviously not referring to the dietary supplement my husband takes for joint pain?

Thanks!
Heike

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Here is a thread I found. It has a bunch of terms used. If you look through the posts people explain them.

I could use that thread to. I don't know what most of them mean either.

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 11:45 AM
link   
I'm a little curious as I had always just read things on ATS and then recently joined so that I could participate. For some reason it shows me having -900 or so points. What does that mean and why do I not have a positive value there?

Just wondering as I really do enjoy this site and would like to learn to participate more and in better ways.

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Hey there, Im wondering if you used the ATS store? anyhows ill fix it for you this time so you can start with a clean slate,

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Writer status confuses me. I want to write-but, I don't want to post and find out that I went about things wrong. Could somebody help me?

How does one achieve writer status-or and is it needed to post in writing sections.

For the Halloween contest it said, email Intrepid for writing status, i did and am waiting for a shout back, but will this apply to other area's of the forum.

Not for tiki. Just for contest and short storys and things.
Long time later I am interested in tiki.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 04:32 AM
link   
Hey there Hug,
Contact the mod Masqua, www.abovetopsecret.com...

He is in charge of the writer issues and im sure he will get back to you,
Ill let him know you are needing help ok

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Hello,
Just a quick querie from a noob. I wanted to start a thread in the UFO/Aliens area just to ask people 'What first got you interested in aliens/UFO's?' Is there a thread already along these lines somewhere? I have had a search around but can't find anything that fits the bill. I would have thought a thread like that would have cropped up somewhere in the history of ATS. Should a thread like that be in the UFO/Alien area or in BTS General Chit Chat?
Thanks

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Im a newbie and stlll a little lost on the blue stars???
I have read some stuff saying it is a ranking system?
but i have noticed that peoples 'stars' vary from 1 to 20+
is this a cumilitive system?
is it 'as per' post or is it based on site participacion?

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bluebird69
Hello,
Just a quick querie from a noob. I wanted to start a thread in the UFO/Aliens area just to ask people 'What first got you interested in aliens/UFO's?' Is there a thread already along these lines somewhere? I have had a search around but can't find anything that fits the bill. I would have thought a thread like that would have cropped up somewhere in the history of ATS. Should a thread like that be in the UFO/Alien area or in BTS General Chit Chat?
Thanks

Hey there, Well i think that could go in the UFO forum if you are going to tell how you also first got interested,
Im sure there is threads around on a simular note but as theres many new members who may have not responded it may be nice to have a new one,

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by must be a way
Im a newbie and stlll a little lost on the blue stars???
I have read some stuff saying it is a ranking system?
but i have noticed that peoples 'stars' vary from 1 to 20+
is this a cumilitive system?
is it 'as per' post or is it based on site participacion?

Hey and Welcome

The star system is for members to show post they like, If you like what a poster has written, you star their post, So if you see a members post with lots of stars its other members who have liked what that person has to say,

Each member can give 1 star to each post,

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 12:30 PM
link   

The star system is for members to show post they like, If you like what a poster has written, you star their post, So if you see a members post with lots of stars its other members who have liked what that person has to say,

thank you Asalar

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 03:34 PM
link   
I am confused on how to FLAG a post. It seems pretty easy to give a "STAR" to a post, but no where do I see a place to FLAG a post. Can anyone offer some advice?

You'd think it would be easy to find, but I tell you, it clearly is not.

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Hey there,

Ah i see, YOu can only Flag a thread, stars are for posts but Flags are for threads,

If you look at the top of a thread ( say this one- above the first members avatar on this page)

You will see the little box that says (FLAG) this thread has 2 flags,

Let me know if you can see it ok

Asala

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by asala
Hey there,

Ah i see, YOu can only Flag a thread, stars are for posts but Flags are for threads,

If you look at the top of a thread ( say this one- above the first members avatar on this page)

You will see the little box that says (FLAG) this thread has 2 flags,

Let me know if you can see it ok

Asala

Thank you Asala. That is crazy. I never saw that little box before (I do now and automatically saw it when I just clicked on this a minute ago [never saw it before though]) and I am not sure I have ever seen it on any other posts. Thank you for pointing that out to me. I am going to surf other threads to see if in fax that little box is on all beginning threads.

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Great stuff!

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Hi, I want to add a link to an ATS thread in my signiture, although I can just copy n paste the actual address of the link I wanted to give the link the title of the thread??
I know its possible but at the mo my html barely goes beyond wysiwyg!
any pointers please?

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 08:29 PM
link   
1. "U2U" vanished from my nav bar. I finally found a doorway to it through the memcenter. I'm just not clear on why it vanished.

2. I bought a month access to the 'secret' board. They said it would show up on the 'board home'. I have gone to that page and looked at the bazillion boards there (my eyes are crossing). I even searched the page for the term 'secret'. But I cannot find it. Can you point me to specifically where it appears?

Thanks very much,
PJ

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by RedCairo

The U2U button only shows up when you have a new u2u in your inbox. Otherwise you need to click MemCenter and do it that way.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

There's a link to the RATS forum.

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Which reminds me that although I have read the FAQ pages, I cannot find any explanation of how or based on what criteria the 'points' are assigned?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join