It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New? Lost? No worrys just come here,

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Hello members,

Welcome to ATS and i hope this is the start of a long stay here,

Now being new to this board it can be a little scary, But! thats where we come in:@) We are here to help you take them first steps in to the boards.

And the best way to do that is to jump right in, One way to do this is by going on over to the intros forum and making your first post!

Its nice and easy once you know how,

so here is a quick guide just to get you started on that first bit,

1st, go to intros, (see on the main page)

Then look to the top right an see (New thread) click that

You will then see a box, 1, Make sure you put in a title, ie,,, hey im new ect..ect..

2, write your intro,

3, click post

There you go, thats it!

Now i here you scream! DOnt leave us!!! well i got that covered,
I also have a thread in intros that i opend up to new members who wanted to know lots of other things, like what heck is an avatar? or ummm how do i do a quote again??

So drop by and take a peek as it will cover some more of your questions,

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

Also dont forget you can always u2u me, im more than happy to help with any questions,

Good luck and i will see you soon,

posted on Aug, 6 2006 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Gulp! A couple days ago, I successfully edited my profile. Then, I wanted to change it yet again. Now I cannot recall how I did it, as the more obvious route does not lead me anywhere. I click on “edit profile” and get nothing. What’s up?

Would you tell me how to edit my profile?

posted on Aug, 6 2006 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Yup things have changes a little

Il have to update this lol,

Ok to edit your profile,

1...... go to memeber center (top of the page,

2, look at the left colum, theres a list of things,

to edit your profile go to the ATS store, there you can use your points to get colors ect,

Anymore help needed just shout,
Im only a u2u away or just get back to this thread,

posted on Aug, 6 2006 @ 12:26 PM
link   

posted by asala

Yup things have changes Anymore help needed just shout,
I’m only a u2u away or just get back to this thread, chow:

Thank you. I followed your good instructions, went to ATS Store, bought a background color - purple - but wanted to change my text color (to white) and I cannot repeat at the Store. Also I wanted a lighter background color and I can't get back into the colors either.

Finally, note my color has now filled this entire thread.

More help please, to change my color and to add a text color.

posted on Nov, 17 2007 @ 03:23 AM
link   
After registering and looking over the site for an hour I'm still confused! I'm afraid my ex was the computer geek....I don't know if I'm posting right and still can't figure out how to post a picture, but I'll try again later..I really just wanted to thank those who debunked James Casbolt...I happened to catch him on the radio and was horrified at the idea of children being taken and tortured. I was ready to go buy some guns, dig down into that underground base and start shooting lizards! I tried to find info online and came across David Icke and others and was getting really freaked out. I finally looked for skeptics and came across this site somehow. I'm glad people smarter and less gullible than me are out there making sense of these scary claims. I think I can finally sleep tonight! I have no doubt aliens exist and abduct people, but why do people have to make such horrible stories up? The energy and time it must take to weave such elaborate tales! What's the point? Anyway, thanks for the sleep I'll get now!

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Hi,
I just read a great post by a member and wanted to know if I can give them applause or how I can let the mods know that the person did a good job with their post.
Thanks!

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by WildViolet

Posting images:

This should get you started: New AboveTopSecret.com Image Hotlinking Policy (updated again)

Don't hesitate to ask for further clarification here in this thread if you need to.

reply to post by jfj123

If you're not a mod, the best you can do is to 'star' that post. But you can also let the mods know about an exceptional post that is applause-worthy.

Use the ALERT button at the bottom of the post in question. Of course you ought to modify the text in the form a bit, because the default is set to 'complain about post'. I've done it before and I assume the mods did respond to it because I checked the profile of the member who made the post and saw an increase in their applause count.

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Beachcoma

Not to be a pain but how do I modify the alert? Thanks again !

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Just edit it as you would a post. What I did was I just changed the subject from "Post Complain: member name" to "Give this member a round of applause". Then I changed the message text from "Complain about post" to "Applaud this post" plus I added a little commentary after that on why I think the post deserved an applause.

Edit to add: The ALERT button looks like this, in case you're not sure:

[edit on 22-11-2007 by Beachcoma]

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Okay, yes I did a seach about my question, but I couldn't find the answer sooo...

I want to upload a pic. My profile says I have somthing like 30 points, but when I go to upload it says I can't because I only have 12 posts.

Could someone please explain this to me?

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Hey philosopherrose

Ok Look like something may be being done wrong
As its free to upload your Pic, Im taking it that you mean Avatar?
like my thing on the Left

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Yes, I read those instructions before. My problem is that the pic is on my hard drive, therefore I have to upload it.

When I go under the "member upload section" it says I must have 25 posts to upload, but under my name now I have something like 80 points I think and in the upload section it says I only have 14 posts.

I read about the points system also and it says a point for each post, so I don't get it...

I am pretty computer savy so I don't think I'll have a problem, once I'm allowed to do it.

Same goes for U2U's btw. I got one today and then I typed to reply, but when I sent it it said I couldn't do it. So I'm not really sure if it sent or not. And now the U2U button on the bar is gone...

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Ah right I now get you,

Yes there is restrictions on certain things until you have enough posts. the reason it to stop it being misused i.e. advertisers ect,

right Avatar first,

upload the image you want to Image Shack, or photo bucket, Then come on here an go to Account settings in the member center,

Add the Link, And Badda bing,

To gain some more posts so you can do these things, head over to BTS

www.belowtopsecret.com... Its out more relaxed place and has many topics you can just add your thoughts to like Music and chit chat, A great way to gain your self a few extra points,

So lets start there and im sure we will have you up and Running ASAP

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 12:14 PM
link   
hi,
I joined ATS and have also visited BTS, however when I try to post in the BTS forum I am not logged in there.
It only lets me post anonymously (every 12 hours), even though I am logged in to ATS.. help please.

Do i need a separate login account for BTS?
Is there a button or setting that I missed?

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Hey there www.belowtopsecret.com...

Top right- theres alog in button for BTS Just use your ATS name and password to enter

and Welcome to ATS

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Why can't i delete some of my older posts? I really need to, at least edit them.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Jownathown

You can't delete your own posts, and you can only edit them for a few hours after you've posted them.

If it's anything bad you could ask a Moderator to delete it for you.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Hey there, Theres only a 2hour Edit window,

If you explain to me the reasons for wanting to delete then i can see what i can do.

But I cant garantee it can happen, So let me know ok

Yuo can do that via u2u if you would feel better about that,

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 04:44 PM
link   
ok what do them stars meen on the top of each post??

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 04:46 PM
link   
bugs_n,

Check the last link in my signature and you'll know all about the Star System.

Hope this helps.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join