It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fireball sighting over Helsinki

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 03:40 AM
link   
Fireball sighting over eastern Helsinki, Finland at 13.12.2005 4pm. Local TV night news MTV3 22:00 show a short video, from which the following photo is a capture. www.vaurio.fi...

The upper text at the picture tells that the video is an amateur video and the lower text is still on the screen from the previous article and tells that thousands of russians are in freezing winter conditions with electricity cut.

The news told that aviation and rescue authorities do not know about anything unusual and that it could be a plane or a satellite. According to the astronomers, the geminids meteor shower activity peak is at these days and could produce fireball events at the sky, the news said.

[edit on 14-12-2005 by slas]

[edit on 14-12-2005 by slas]

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 05:21 AM
link   
Looks like a meteor or satellite reentry. good picture though!

Would love to see the video footage, it looks like the object was captured quite well by the photographer.

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 01:18 PM
link   
There's a video clip at www.vaurio.fi...

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 01:39 PM
link   
after watching the video, i find it puzzling that it moves at such an extreme slow velocity?
weird, but maybe that is normal for meteors?

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by glastonaut
Looks like a meteor or satellite reentry. good picture though!

Would love to see the video footage, it looks like the object was captured quite well by the photographer.

satellites are not made to withstand reentering the earths atmosphere.

They would break apart into hundreds of pieces

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 03:06 PM
link   
I know what it is. Here, have a look before you read any further.. just look at the pics, the site is in Swedish. www.ufo.se...

When planes fly, espcially larger planes, they compress and expand air causing a 'cloud' to form behind it. In certain light conditions, like dusk, they become lighted by the sun and cause the effect seen in the vid and the pics on the site. Case closed.

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Drexon could be right, I don't know for sure. It's definitely not a plane or meteor or satellite. Unless someone comes up with something quite convincing otherwise, I think Drexon's explanation is by far the most likely.

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Wow Drexon, that's pretty good! Sounds plausible.

The video was the best. It was like an old episode of the Twilight Zone. This guy wakes up and language has totally changed. So for example an apple was actually called a shower...I know I can't really explain it and maybe I'm just weird.

D

[edit on 12/14/2005 by apocalypta]

top topics

join