It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The irony of buying "made in china" toys for Xmas

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Although this article is a couple of years old it is still timely.

www.chinasupport.net...

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Am I the only one finding the link broken? Even if its a few years old, now my hopes of seeing old information has been shattered. Brb going to go cry.

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Try this one.

www.diacritica.com...

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 02:32 AM
link   
Thats honestly one of the best articles I have read in a long time, most likely ever. I was born in the USA, raised in the USA, and live in the USA today. Its hard for me to understand third world countries, and slave labor simply because I have never seen it, and was raised spoiled. Its horrible that even with a life like mine, I still find my self unhappy, yet so many people are suffering. I really hope that the Chinese are helped, and its people can live happily, and freely like I did, and still do.

Thanks for the working link, very good read.

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Im there man, this is horrific. I hate it too because where I am, the only place I can go to get any goods is a walmart.(I'm out in the middle of the mountains of Appalachia) In our small town there are a few restaurants, and only one palce to shop, and it is Walmart. I'm moving back to Charlotte soon where there is more places to shop, and this holiday season I will be boycotting "made in China" products.

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 04:53 PM
link   
that's just idiotic, when Ameria right now empahsizes so much on free trade economy an idea of boycottinga a country would just create contradiction and irony on yourself.

As far as i concern, China isn't the only country abusing labour right now, and even if they are it is the American multi-national's fault, they imposed the concept in place to minimize costs of production for profit maximization.

Ever heard of the Josh Foster Dulles food company, or the Rockefeller family exploiting Latin American labour in the 50s to fund the Eisenhower Doctrine to fight Communism? How come no one comes up with that?

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Boycotting simply toys won't do a scratch. Ever seen your gf's bra? Underwear that she wears? Or the sweatshirt she gave to you on your b day? Ever bought an IPOD?

Well guess what. They are ALL made in China. And unless you start living as a cave man, there's nothing you can do about 99% of your daily goods and necessities all made in China. Simply blame it on your own government, they wanted cheap products and cheap labour, they got it.

top topics

join