It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Laughing at Islam = Racist. Laughing at Other Religions = okay

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 09:29 PM
link   
It's illegal to practice Christianity (or any other non-Islamic religion) in most Islamic countries. Nuff' said !

posted on Dec, 24 2005 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fromabove
Does any know if Islam has had any prophets after Muhammand ? I am a Christian, and I don't think all Islamics are bent on killing. But they have their scripture and I just wanted to know if it is subject to revelation by a prphet or council etc.

Fromabove

sorry fromabove, i just dont know.....you might try starting your own thread with this question.....might get some feedback from knowledgeable muslims that way.

posted on Dec, 24 2005 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nakash
It's illegal to practice Christianity (or any other non-Islamic religion) in most Islamic countries. Nuff' said !

Let us all be extra vigilant that we, as a nation, do not begin to imitate this kind of religious intolerance.

posted on Dec, 27 2005 @ 06:01 AM
link   
Nakash, I don't know where you get your information from, but it's not really true. First off, if you mean by "Islamic Country" a country that follows the law of Islam, then right now, there is not a single one in the world. If by "Islamic Country" you mean one where the majority is Muslim, even then, your statement is wrong. I think it's only Saudi Arabia (certainly not a country I'd call Islamic), that doesn't allow public worship of any religion except Islam.

Fromabove, Muhammad is supposed to be the last prophet in Islam, so there are none after him.

About the general topic, it seems to have gotten very warped. The only reason I've ever known for why Muslims cannot depict Muhammad is so that he wouldn't be worshipped. I doubt very much that those pictures will encourage anyone to worship Muhammad.

It's kinda sad how these drawings actually depict people's stereotyped ideas. I heard a while back (I forgot where) that when someone wanted to make a "Combination of all religion's thing", the only idea that came up for Islam was a bearded man with a book in one hand, and a schimtar in another.

Islam is less often discussed at ATS because most people who frequent ATS are not very knowledgeable about Islam.

posted on Dec, 27 2005 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
This blog, I beleive, has the cartoons. However the link to fullsize pics timesout.

I'd like to see the cartoons to see if they are racist.

For anyone having difficulity viewing the cartoons in question, you can see them all here.

See all cartoons in one image(click here)

My personal favorite:

Now for those of you who choose to shrug this off as just funny, think about it a bit deeper. We have a religion that does it's best to hide women and separate them from the men, not just physically but visually as well. Then they turn around and offer these poor female deprived young males a house full of virgins if they will wage war against the "infidels". If that isn't a conspiracy I don't know what is. Sounds like a perfect control mechanism.

posted on Dec, 27 2005 @ 10:18 AM
link   
And this is only my opinion, modern Islam is akin to a cult, not a religion. For starters... What kind of religion requires you to worship a non-God, a prophet. He is only a man, not God. Worshipping ANYONE other than God is idolotry. Secondly, I think we all agree that God is loving, caring, forgiving - in other words, He embodies all that is good. Why then would a religion call for the destruction of a people's who do not worship this man, Mohammed? A little warped, eh?

I'm not saying that Islam is bad or not a religion. I just firmly believe that the true religion has been hijacked! Islam, in it's mainstream effect, seems to run counter to what we understand as "Religion." Now, that being said, I think it's safe to say that we see this happening to a certain extent in all organized relgions. I just believe that Islam is a little bit ahead of the curve, so to speak.

I apologize if my opinion offends anyone; that was not my intent. I only had the desire to share my thoughts on the matter.

posted on Dec, 27 2005 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by babloyi

Islam is less often discussed at ATS because most people who frequent ATS are not very knowledgeable about Islam.

if you read through some of the threads i posted you will find that the majority of those attacking christianity arent very knowledgeable about it either....doesnt stop them from attacking it. so i'm sorry, but this argument doesnt hold any credence.

posted on Dec, 27 2005 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by dbates
Now for those of you who choose to shrug this off as just funny, think about it a bit deeper. We have a religion that does it's best to hide women and separate them from the men, not just physically but visually as well. Then they turn around and offer these poor female deprived young males a house full of virgins if they will wage war against the "infidels". If that isn't a conspiracy I don't know what is. Sounds like a perfect control mechanism.

Only if Islam didn't forbid the killing of others and the commiting of Suicide.

Originally posted by dbates
And this is only my opinion, modern Islam is akin to a cult, not a religion. For starters... What kind of religion requires you to worship a non-God, a prophet. He is only a man, not God. Worshipping ANYONE other than God is idolotry.

Muhammad(PBUH) is to be recongized as the person who brought forward the teachings of the Qur'an, the last Prophet of Islam, to recongize him is to recongize the Qur'an.
Yet, the chosen prophets were endowed with such moral, spiritual, and intellectual merits to be trustworthy of delivering Allah's guidance.

Muhammad(PBUH);

"Do not exaggerate in praising me as the Christians praised the son of Maryam, for I am only a servant. So, call me the Servant of Allah and His Messenger" (Al-Bukhari).

"Do not give me superiority over the other prophets” (Al-Bukhari).

Muhammad is held in Islam as high as all the other Prophets of God.
To worship Muhammad is to deny Allah for Allah alone has the right to be worshipped.

The Qur'an states this in several of its verses;

[The Messenger has believed in what has been sent down to him from his Lord, and the believers [believe]. Everyone [of them] has believed in Allah, and his Angels and His Books, and His Messengers. We make no distinction between any of His Messengers. And they have said, “We have heard, and we have obeyed. Grant [us] Your All-Supreme forgiveness, our Lord, and to You is the Destiny.]* (Al-Baqarah 2:285)

[And the ones who have believed in Allah and His Messengers and have made no distinction between any of them, those He will eventually bring them their rewards, and Allah has been Ever-Forgiving, Ever-Merciful.]* (An-Nisaa’ 4:152)

[Say [O Muhammad], “Surely I am only a mortal the like of you: it is revealed to me that surely your God is only One God. So whoever hopes for the meeting with his Lord, then let him do righteous deed(s) and not associate anyone in the worship of his Lord. ]* (Al-Kahf 18:110)

Hope it helped.

[edit on 27-12-2005 by shire19]

posted on Dec, 27 2005 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Cartoons - some were funny i have to admit.

Religion - Damm - You guys really get sucked into this don't ya
Look at yourselfs (shaking head) Muslim this Christan that Us this you that

YOU ARE SERVING RELIGIONS ONLY GOAL - To Seperate mankind !!!!

Where's the PROOF for any of it. - If i said no Aliens made it all -
You would call me crazy and ask for proof.
Well do the same for your beleives and i think you may be a little dissappointed.

I don't buy any religion/cult in any way shape or form -

I beleive in good and bad - right and wrong and that all are equal and SHOULD be entilted to equal rights ----

As for a GOD/CREATOR - Open minded. - - -

Happy New year 'Humans' - Remeber we ALL have one thing in common
BLOOD ALWAYS RUNS RED !!!

posted on Dec, 27 2005 @ 12:10 PM
link   
An example...Let's see. We have a UN investigation on charges of racism for drawing cartoons regarding Islam...Next door, in Sweden, we have a pastor being arrested for preaching the Bible. Granted, he's been aquitted, there has been no UN investigation of any sort. Interesting...

posted on Dec, 27 2005 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by andersonr
Cartoons - some were funny i have to admit.

Religion - Damm - You guys really get sucked into this don't ya
Look at yourselfs (shaking head) Muslim this Christan that Us this you that

YOU ARE SERVING RELIGIONS ONLY GOAL - To Seperate mankind !!!!

Where's the PROOF for any of it. - If i said no Aliens made it all -
You would call me crazy and ask for proof.
Well do the same for your beleives and i think you may be a little dissappointed.

I don't buy any religion/cult in any way shape or form -

I beleive in good and bad - right and wrong and that all are equal and SHOULD be entilted to equal rights ----

As for a GOD/CREATOR - Open minded. - - -

Happy New year 'Humans' - Remeber we ALL have one thing in common
BLOOD ALWAYS RUNS RED !!!

Some would say it was the belief in a God that made humans teach the difference about right or wrong and to respect each other aswell as helping those in need out.

But yeah, I myself eventually left my religion and I agree with your comments.

posted on Dec, 27 2005 @ 12:22 PM
link   

...I have to tell you that Islam and those who follow it do respect the rights of the people.

Are you blind? According to Islamic law women have no rights! According to Islamic law all other religions are outlawed. You can be killed for just drawing a picture?

They do not respect others rights, because in their view non-Islamic people are sub-human!!

-- Boat

posted on Dec, 27 2005 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by babloyi
...I think it's only Saudi Arabia (certainly not a country I'd call Islamic), that doesn't allow public worship of any religion except Islam.

Saudi Arabia is not a Islamic country?!

For your information Saudi Arabia is the home, and heart of all Islam.

-- Boat

posted on Dec, 27 2005 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Boatphone
Are you blind? According to Islamic law women have no rights! According to Islamic law all other religions are outlawed. You can be killed for just drawing a picture?

They do not respect others rights, because in their view non-Islamic people are sub-human!!

Incorrect, for those laws to be a part of Islam law they have to be in par with the teachings of the Qur'an.
They are not allowed to force their religion onto others nor kill them if they turn away from it.

The Qur'an distinctively mentions this several times;

Had your Lord willed, all the people on earth would have believed. So can you (Prophet) compel people to believe?” (Yunus 10: 99).

“Say, ‘Now the truth has come from your Lord: Let those who wish to believe in it do so, and let those who wish to reject it do so’” (Al-Kahf 17: 29).

“So (people) respond to your Lord before there comes a Day that cannot, against God’s will, be averted—you will have no refuge on that Day, and no possibility of denying (your sins). If they still turn away (remember that) We have not sent you (Prophet) to be their keeper: your duty is to deliver the message” (Ash-Shura 42: 47-48).

“There is no compulsion in religion: true guidance has become distinct from error, so whoever rejects false gods and believes in Allah has grasped the firmest hand-hold, one that will never break. Allah is all hearing and all knowing” (Al-Baqrah 2: 256).

Originally posted by Boatphone
Saudi Arabia is not a Islamic country?!
For your information Saudi Arabia is the home, and heart of all Islam.

In his opnion he doesnt see it as an Islamic country, I hold the same opnion regarding that matter, Saudi Arabia is run by an corrupt government that only sees Islam and its Holy cities as a way to control their already frustrated people.

[edit on 27-12-2005 by shire19]

posted on Dec, 27 2005 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Imagine what would have happened if this was someone wearing an Ihram. Or if a Muslim were to wear a turbin to the dance?

I'll bet you we'd have something taking place like this.

posted on Dec, 27 2005 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Now jokes aside, you get lashed and whipped in Saudi Arabia for apostasing to another religion. Same in Iran (though it's much "looser" and you can openly be of another religion). Yeah, the virgins thing sounds absurd, especially when you hear orthodox Muslim scholars dodging questions on the issue. Imagine- no women for you, no wine for you, no nothing for you, but you can get 72 virgins in heaven for blowing up some "infidel Kafir".

posted on Dec, 27 2005 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by junglejake
An example...Let's see. We have a UN investigation on charges of racism for drawing cartoons regarding Islam...Next door, in Sweden, we have a pastor being arrested for preaching the Bible. Granted, he's been aquitted, there has been no UN investigation of any sort. Interesting...

Was he "preaching the Bible" or:

But it was how he described sexual practices like homosexuality that brought the charge against him: Green told us, "What I said was that sexual abnormality was like a cancer of the society." In more precise English, a "cancerous tumor."

Some Christians handle snakes, some Muslims beleive in the virgin thing. There are nuts on both sides.

posted on Dec, 27 2005 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Considering that in 1 Corinthians 6:9 it specifically states, "Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders". In today's society, we're being told homosexuality is not only perfectly ok, but has gained a protected status not allowing people to speak out against it.

In other words, there is an active attempt by people who define themselves by their homosexuality (homosexuals I know do not think of themselves as gay first and human second) to deceive people into believing false teachings.

Yes, he was preaching from the Bible.

posted on Dec, 27 2005 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Incorrect, for those laws to be a part of Islam law they have to be in par with the teachings of the Qur'an.
They are not allowed to force their religion onto others nor kill them if they turn away from it.

That is the face of Islam today. It may not be "pure" Islam, but the topic of this thread is [about the] people who are the face of Islam today. And they are upset over these cartoons, when in the name of Islam the same rights are not given to others. I'm sure you can understand this.

In his opnion he doesnt see it as an Islamic country, I hold the same opnion regarding that matter, Saudi Arabia is run by an corrupt government that only sees Islam and its Holy cities as a way to control their already frustrated people.

It is the case that Islam in the middle-east has been take-over by religious extremists who do not pratice "pure" Islam, but never the less, Saudi Arabia is the home and heart of Islam.

Could you please name a country that is Islamic if Saudi Arabia is not???

-- Boat

posted on Dec, 27 2005 @ 01:48 PM
link   
(Taken from the Holy Qur'an)

Qur'an (9:6): "And if anyone of the pagans seeketh thy asylum (O Muhammad), then give him asylum . . . and afterwards convey him to his place of safety . . ."

"If then they have recourse unto thee (O Muhammad), Judge between them or disclaim jurisdiction; if thou disclaimest jurisdiction, then they cannot harm thee at all; but if thou judgest, Judge between them with equity; lo! God loveth the equitable. How can they come unto thee for judgment when they have the Torah, wherein is contained the judgment of God? Yet even after that they turn away; such folk are not believers. Lo! We did reveal the Torah, wherein is guidance and a light, by which the prophets who surrendered (unto God) judged the Jews, and the rabbis and the priests judged by such of God's Scripture as they were bidden to observe, and thereunto they were witnesses; so fear not mankind, but fear Me, and barter not My revelations for a little gain; whoso judgeth not by that which God hath revealed: such are disbelievers. And We prescribed for them therein the life for the life, and the eye for the eye, and the nose for the notes, and the ear for the ear, and the tooth for the tooth, and for wounds retaliation; but whoso forgoeth it (by way of charity) it shall be expiation for him; whoso judgeth not by that which God hath revealed: such are wrong doers. And we caused Jesus, son of Mary, to follow in their footsteps, confirming that which was revealed before it in the Torah - a guidance and an admonition unto those who are God-fearing. Let the people of the Gospel judge by that which God hath revealed therein; whoso judgeth not by that which God hath revealed; such are evil-livers. And unto thee (O Muhammad) have We revealed the Scripture with the Truth, confirming whatever Scripture was sent before it, and a watcher over it: so judge between them by that which God hath revealed, and follow not their desires away from the truth which hath come unto thee: for each We have appointed a Divine law (Shari'ah) and a traced-out way; had God willed, He could have made you one community, but He may try you by that which He hath given you (He hath made you as you are); so vie one with the other in Good works; unto God ye will all return, and He will then inform you of that wherein ye differ." [Qur'an 5:42-48]

Holy Qur'an (5:2) " . . . and let not the hatred of a people who have stopped your going to the Inviolable Mosque (of the Ka'bah) incite you to transgress; but help ye one another unto charity and piety. Help not one another unto sin and transgression. Lo! God is severe in punishment."

The Qur'an (2:256) prescribes that there should be no compulsion in religion

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join