It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hitler May Have Acted Under Hypnosis

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2003 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Not sure if this is the best forum, but the best I could come up with on the spur of the moment...

I think this is rather interesting, esp when you consider the stories about Winston Churchills "black dog".

Forensic psychiatrist David Post thinks hypnosis may have been responsible for Hitler's dreadful deeds. When he was recovering from wounds suffered during World War I, he was given a hypnotic suggestion that he misinterpreted as divine revelation, telling him he was destined for leadership and glory.
Danny Heitman writes in 2theadvocate.com that Post's uncle Robert C. Holtze was once an honorary consul to the Federal Republic of Germany. Post found a copy of "Adolf Hitler," a biography by John Toland, at his uncle's house. In a footnote, Toland said Hitler may have been hypnotized during treatment for battle-related trauma he experienced during World War I. As a result of this, he might have experienced hallucinations that he interpreted as a divine summons to lead the German people.

www.unknowncountry.com...

posted on Sep, 24 2003 @ 08:26 PM
link   
I do not know where you mange to acquire these links or webpages, but keep up the great work!

Very interesting theory, I wonder what merit it has. Is it possible to find out if the German medical records were stored in a secure location, or would Hitlers medicals have been destroyed?

posted on Sep, 24 2003 @ 09:34 PM
link   
I would suspect that most of Hitlers personal records were destroyed by the Germans as the Russians advanced on Berlin. If any were captured, they were likely by Russia, and the KGB probably has custody of them, meaning the rest of the world will never see them.

It is interesting to note that Hitler was a very big believer in the occult, and had at least one soothsayer/psychic who regularly told his fortunes for him.

posted on Sep, 24 2003 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Dragonrider how the hell did you find an article about this? I do not think the article is true but i was wondering how you found it.

posted on Sep, 24 2003 @ 11:31 PM
link   
It was posted today on unknowncountry.com

posted on Sep, 25 2003 @ 01:12 AM
link   
im actually just reading that book, but i dont remeber reading anything about any hypno therapy... ill check bacwards to see if i cant ffind that part.

posted on Sep, 25 2003 @ 01:27 AM
link   
I think the fact that he was the victim of two separate gas attacks (one left him blind for awhile, I believe) had a little to do with him becomming a twisted maniac...

That and the years of poverty plus reported syphilis...

posted on Sep, 25 2003 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by dragonrider
Forensic psychiatrist David Post thinks hypnosis may have been responsible for Hitler's dreadful deeds.

No that was not the case.

Hitler got busy with the occult and became possessed.

[Edited on 25-9-2003 by Freeman]

posted on Sep, 25 2003 @ 11:13 AM
link   

No that was not the case.

Hitler got involved in occult and became possessed.

where did you read this from?
im reading that Tolands biography, no mention of any occults...
maybe too much RTCW ?

posted on Sep, 25 2003 @ 11:19 AM
link   
I have heard of this.. if im correct he did get hypnosis treatment for his shock after the 'mustard gas' injury'..

And this doctor that gave him the 'treatment' was somekind of a occultist..

The Occult history of third reich..

Your choice if you download or no.. but it is very educative..

After one sees this, one will learn just how mad were they..

[Edited on 25-9-2003 by FULCRUM]

posted on Sep, 25 2003 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Hitler allegedly was mesmerized by an artifact in a Vienna museum. The Spear of destiny. He heard a tour guide telling a tour that if the spear of destiny and certain other artifacts related to Jesus were brought together, the possessor would gain great earthly power.

That was the onset of his occult career.

If you read books about the occult, for occultists, you will see many references to "overshadowing" - the occult equivalent of possessed.

He was a bit of a lout before he got into the occult. He had a half-sister, unmistakeably retarded. She was said to be smarter than him. The oratorical ability came after the occult involvement.

posted on Sep, 25 2003 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Hitler was possessed, hypnotized or possible an alien sent to destroy us from within or maybe he heard what he thought was the voice of god telling him to lead his people. But my brothers I think the most simple truth and the most terrible truth was he was an evil man with no real super natural gifts let lose on the world .We all find it easier to believe the above I know I do but in my heart I know he was just a evil man who given the opportunity in hard times in Germany to present a simple and easy solution to a people willing to believe.

Hitler was more then likely mental ill and a gifted orator and given the state of the society he lived in rose up to do the terrible deeds we all have seen and read about. The evil that man can perpetrate unaided and let lose on his fellow men is beyond belief, as resent events have reminded us all. I wish I could believe that it was hypnosis and not just a human doing what we seem to do best.

posted on Sep, 26 2003 @ 05:27 AM
link   
Hitler was just a crank like another one. Human history is full of these cranks ( Stalin, Lenin, Mao Tse Dong, Pol Pot, Gengis Khan, Caesar Neron... ) They were all nuts and were there just to make us suffer. Fortunatley they're all dead now. Unfortunatley, many are still thinking they were all great men.

posted on Sep, 26 2003 @ 08:44 AM
link   
UP!!

Your back! Where the hell have you been???

posted on Sep, 26 2003 @ 10:12 AM
link   
As evil as Hitler was, Heydrich and Himmler were worse. They were the actual hench men and think tank under Hitler.

You certainly can't forget about those two.

posted on Sep, 26 2003 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Hitler and the Nazis were clearly involved in the occult. Therefore, possesion/overshadowing/ and/or under hypnotic trance can easily be postulated.

posted on Sep, 26 2003 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Hitler Was Not Hypnotizsed He Was An Idiot and a phsycotic nut

posted on Sep, 26 2003 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Hypnosis?
You mean to tall me that for 30 years nobody ever snapped thier fingers near him?

posted on Sep, 26 2003 @ 02:48 PM
link   
lol
Next Time We Get A Nut Try To Pull A Stunt Like Hitler We Will All Have To Snap our Fingers And Say Words We Think Will turn Him Back

posted on Sep, 30 2003 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by dragonrider
UP!!

Your back! Where the hell have you been???

I was at home
BUT without an internet access ( and it's still the case
). Sigh...my life is so hard nowadays....

Dr. Know, Heydrich and Himmler have been recruited by Hitler. They were Hitler followers.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join