It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Bible is not the word of god

page: 31
<< 28  29  30    32 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2006 @ 01:26 PM
link   
ok the bible that christains use is wrong the tru bible was rewritten by the roman empire when constatine came to power and the original was burnt and god does exist just nor the way christains see him

posted on Apr, 9 2006 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Murtagh21
ok the bible that christains use is wrong the tru bible was rewritten by the roman empire when constatine came to power and the original was burnt and god does exist just nor the way christains see him

Always some excuse eh?
But sadly no your theory is wildy wrong, there are manuscripts (partial and full) that have been dated to between 100 and 300 CE and these manuscripts when translated are very similar to what we have as the bible today.

Nice try though!

G

posted on Apr, 11 2006 @ 12:17 PM
link   
If there is a god he has abandoned us because he has not done a darn thing to prove his existence at least for the last 2000 years. Your personal thoughts, feelings and ramblings are not proof. Words written by man are certainly not proof.

Why if he loved us would he not make it really darn clear that he existed?

Why are we left having to believe some ancient text written my uneducated men from thousands of years ago?

If I were god I would say hello on occasion to my minions if I loved them to remind them that I exist.

The truth is that humanity itself is probabaly the god of the univerese.

Our inteliigence is it.

posted on Apr, 11 2006 @ 02:47 PM
link   
there is a god just not hes more of a principal , but i found this on a guys sig theres a giant being all around us who gave us 10 rules and if we break one of these rules hes gonna send us to eternal damnation,...... but he still loves you

i mean comon catholic as it is to today isnt the real religion that it used to be and have been to istanbul/constanopil you can see there case of the original bible BURNT

Im spiritual and all so i believe in doing whats right becuase its right not do it or your going to hell you be the judge which would be better

posted on Apr, 18 2006 @ 08:35 PM
link   
The fact is no one knows if the bible is as old as what they say it is but heres some interesting information and feel free to challenge me on it after "you" research it. You know the story about how Jesus said He who has not sinned referring to the men stoning MM. well it never happened infact it was written about 300 AD which post dates Christs timeline.
Also There were no Jewish slaves building pyramids either infact no Jew slaves in the history of the ancient Egyptians no records of Moses or plagues and so on...

Maybe no one can proove this happened because none of the stories and myths of the bible are true.

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Yep the whole abrahamic gig is but fairy stories, based on oral traditions.
I have no fear as to his existence. I mean who could. The fictional christian god bloke (father, son and holy ghost??? can it not decide what it is???) seems to teach that provided you admit and confess all is OK. Well I think I will spend the next 30 years being a very naughty boy in the knowledge that provided I feel guilty later on I will be sitting at the big table or whatever.

The christian god and his sales rep jesus seemed to teach peace and tolerance. But reading some of the christian posts on these boards and of course all the heroic murders and genocide done in their name you would be forgiven if you believed the last people to get the message are the loud voices of conversion etc. Empty vessels make the most noise, and I find christian vessels amongst the loudest.

Not that the other abrahamic fables fair any better.

All you sad people have to go on is some dodgy texts that don't agree with themselves and/or with historic evidence. Picking up the occasional sentence and showing that it tallies with established fact means squat.
Just like the writings of nostradamus or a ancient calendar predicting gloom, write anything down and some day one day someone will find some corroberation, if they dig deep enough.

Trying to ingratiate yourself in the name of or for a god that YOU created is not the act of a sane human. If it exists it is a big boy or girl. It don't need you to fight its battles. If only you bible / koran / Torah etc bashing people would get that. The amount of hate, war and evil done in one gods name is not proportional to the good such a belief system has done.

A few thousand years ago a few primitive people in a small land of sand and camels needed a bit of help, miraculously god was there.

Surely the world wide evils that exist here and now are of a much larger scale than then. Where is your god now? Taking a bath? Washing its hair?
Not enough people believe it exists to allow it to exist. Whatever the problems with mankind now we have grown up. The majority of us are not scared by the priests or whatever into giving up our wealth and freedom to a non existent god, so that the priests can grow fat on the gifts and bugger the children. Purifying with the holy orb and sceptre.

The world has other beliefs. Manchester United, U2 or whatever.

The time of worshipping a false deity in cold and smelly buildings is coming to an end. What do you need those buildings for anyway, if it, your lord is everywhere?

When all your abrahamic institutions have given their wealth to food and shelter for the poor, then you and your texts of the word of your god can start to preach. The arrogance of your righteousness would be deserved but by then you would not have that arrogance, would you.

Till then I am off to utilise my free will and drink, smoke, fornicate, rob and cheat. Until every extremity falls off to disease. I cant lose. If I am right and there is no god I would have had a ruddy good time. If I am wrong I can kneel down in submission say a few words of guilt and still get in the golden gates!!

What a delicious thought. The christian monk having spent a life of lentils, hessian garments and sitting on spikes, sitting side by side with a bloke who could have been a contender for the drinking, fornicating Olympics.

As we held conversation I would be able to say to him.."Don't feel too bad about what you have missed, I done enough for the two of us".

[edit on 28-4-2006 by Il Papa]

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 01:34 PM
link   
The bible IS corrupt. Europeans slutted out Christianity as they did many other things. Christianity was mind control over the Europeans, likewise why most white people you know are Christian. That stuff was distorted and served to them for hundreds of years. They were pagans before the religion assumed control of them. While other races seem to be more open to different religions but the Europeans remain ignorant. My sect believes that the bible is man written. We dont believe in the Son of God which was added in there. The Messiah to us was a man and a Prophet of God. The Vatican has no authority to us, they are men. They are blasphemers. Why most you call your Priest "father" when he did nothing to bring you into this world? Your only father is the man who raised you and God. And the worship of the Pope is rejected by us. God does not elect the man, his peers elect the man. Mere mortals stand in rooms and select your "holy father" the pope. The Catholics are known by us to be the most corrupt organization in the history of mankind.

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Wow a fight on theology and the arguments on one of the oldest texts in print. Well I figured to chime in on this one. To begin I would like to restate something that a very wise man once stated. As the story goes, he took a copy of the Quoran, a copy of the Holy bible and a copy of the Vedics and stated this: It does not matter what you believe in, just that you believe. Now are some of what is in the Bible questionable? Yes, there are alot of unanswered questions, but still it is a point to begin. Faith is at the begining of Wisdom, not at its end and it take faith to believe that perhaps, just perhaps Jesus did walk this earth, that yes his mother was a Virgin at the time of his birth and that just maybe he really did die, not from the crucisfixion, but rather from the sharp point of a spear. But that is called taking a leap of faith. Now do I believe he had brothers and sisters, Yes. Do I believe that he lived by the laws of Moses as put down and followed by the residents of Isreal at that time, yes. It is also known that in the bible as it is written, there were other books that were left out. Only a few books were added, and partially because it was the message that was in the texts that the early writers wanted to get across to the world. In reality there are a lot of texts and spiritual writings that are out there. You just have to go searching for them. I am especially interested to see the translated copy of the Gospel of Judas. And it makes one person wonder why make a disciple a scape goat in the gospels. What I find even more interesint is the Nag Himadi library tends to disagree with some of the points in the Gospels on what happened. Where people tend to get into trouble is not that they do not know the message, but rather only take part of the message and then spew it out. I also find it real funny when most good Christians, are asked do you follow all of the laws in the Bible? Most say yes. I one day got real curious, and went a step further and stated, "Including those in the old and New testaments?" And still got a yes. The look on peoples faces when I started asked, "So does this mean we get to stone you for having that shrimp cocktaile?" Or how about this one, "Since the City goes for about 40 miles in all directions, can you direct me to the best rout to get out about 5 miles away so I can go to the restroom."
But I digress. The bible is a wonderful book. Who are we to say otherwise, or even to state blankly that Jesus did not walk, or what God is, we do not have enough information.
The other question and this may be along the lines of a conspiracy, is what has the Catholic church not been wanting us to see or read? Consider this all Christian churches have their roots in catholocism, and the Vatican has an archieve of documents that no one, since the time of their writing, lost and discovery, has seen. What is in there that they do not want us to see, and if it got out, what would it mean for any church?

posted on Apr, 24 2006 @ 07:19 PM
link   
well, i am a muslim,, n wit out doubt, Quran is the word of God ;a book that has not been edited.

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 12:26 AM
link   
You have voted Il Papa for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have used all of your votes for this month.

Well said, yo. Now that I think of it, I'll be a straight ass until it's time to say "forgive me," then I'm riding on the clouds. Nice.

posted on Mar, 18 2007 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Questions for mods as it relates to this thread. What is this?

AboveTopSecret.com Content Tags
Threads Tagged With: saint4god is an idiot, or Similar (saint4god is an idiot) The ... Tagged With: saint4god is an idiot, or Similar (saint4god is an ...www.abovetopsecret.com/tags/saint4god+is+an+idiot.html

list all tags

Threads Tagged With: saint4god is an idiot, or Similar
(saint4god is an idiot) The Bible is not the word of god

Regardless, the Bible is the word of God but don't take my word for it. You can ask Him yourself.

[edit on 18-3-2007 by saint4God]

posted on Mar, 18 2007 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Thank you to the moderator who is looking into resolving the above issue. I had suspected it was a ATS member who decided to associate these tags with me and corrective action is on the way. As an ATS community, let's make every effort to treat each other with courtesy and respect.

posted on Mar, 18 2007 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Conspiracy Theorist

Who is to say that the authors of these books are not corrupt people perpetuating a lie?

To answser the question, truth is to say that the authors of these books are not corrupt people perpetuating a lie, but rather shedding light upon a lie.

What did the authors personally gain from believeing what they did, and writing what they wrote?

I'm not sure a corrupt person's aim is to be crucified upside down such as Peter was, but perhaps some people's definition of "corrupt" means something different to them.

When attempting to pass judgment on people by labelling them as "corrupt" when they haven't been around to defend themselves for a couple thousand years perhaps it would be beneficial to demenstrate how their actions and behaviors reflect a corrupt intentionality ????

So, when labelling them as corrupt, please demonstrate how their actions and behaviors were corrupt, and how they themselves benefitted from their writings.

Thanks,
E.T.

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 05:34 PM
link   
The fact is Men of God wrote the bible. Just like when yuou pray you pray to God throw the power of jesus. Well its the same way they wrote the bible throw the power of God.

Besides when you read the bible you can see God's words are written in it. Well if you are a man God. No man at the time of bible makeing could of come up with words like (Labour not for that food which pari#h, but labour for that food which endurith unto everlasting life. For him has God the father sealed.) Men back in those days were stupid in the head. Most of them could not read. So you think they could make up words like ( Bless are the poor in spirit for theirs is the kindom of heaven.) No they could not. We all know that the bible has many makers, but they all talk about the same things. 1-history 2- Gods dilling with men 3. God's love for humanity.

As for most bible are wrong. Well I would do what I do read many different types of Bibles. I might memorize JK and yet reading others give me a greater understanding.

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by slymattb
Besides when you read the bible you can see God's words are written in it. Well if you are a man God. No man at the time of bible makeing could of come up with words like (Labour not for that food which pari#h, but labour for that food which endurith unto everlasting life. For him has God the father sealed.) Men back in those days were stupid in the head. Most of them could not read.

...like pathegoras, socrates, plato, aristotle, alexander the great, homer, and all those other brilliant philosophers in the greek area? you know, greek, the language that the gospels were written in.

hell, compared to the works of plato and aristotle what you quoted is child's play.

sure, a good deal of the population wasn't literate, but they were no less intelligent than we are today. they simply had less knowledge.

So you think they could make up words like ( Bless are the poor in spirit for theirs is the kindom of heaven.) No they could not. We all know that the bible has many makers, but they all talk about the same things. 1-history 2- Gods dilling with men 3. God's love for humanity.

well, considering they didn't actually make up your quote, as they weren't writing in the courtly english of king james at the time, i don't think it's that hard to believe. i've heard from biblical scholars studying the original greek that the language is at times somewhat... boorish.

As for most bible are wrong. Well I would do what I do read many different types of Bibles. I might memorize JK and yet reading others give me a greater understanding.

which bibles are wrong?

are you saying only the highly innaccurate KJV is right?

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 10:58 PM
link   

When attempting to pass judgment on people by labelling them as "corrupt" when they haven't been around to defend themselves for a couple thousand years perhaps it would be beneficial to demenstrate how their actions and behaviors reflect a corrupt intentionality ????

So, when labelling them as corrupt, please demonstrate how their actions and behaviors were corrupt, and how they themselves benefitted from their writings.

You have voted Esoteric Teacher for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have one more vote left for this month.

I wish more people would finish their thoughts when it comes these issues... the answers to your well stated point would be there. It's almost as intellectually bankrupt as the idea Jesus didn't exist. A position often touted by self-proclaimed free thinkers and lovers of reason.

Wonder what 'ol Friar Ockham would have to say about such "logic"?

Hmmm,
-Rren

[edit on 3-4-2007 by Rren]

posted on Apr, 4 2007 @ 11:19 AM
link   
What i met by saying they could not write. They could not write like the bible bibicial. yes the could come up with thoughts and saying that could be in the bible. but the fact is they could not write like the bible was written. The fact remain. the bible was written KINDA in the same format. Others unless they where man of God could not write like that.

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by slymattb
What i met by saying they could not write. They could not write like the bible bibicial. yes the could come up with thoughts and saying that could be in the bible. but the fact is they could not write like the bible was written. The fact remain. the bible was written KINDA in the same format. Others unless they where man of God could not write like that.

it was reformatted through editing. unless you have some sort of evidence that the original greek texts that shows otherwise.

plato and aristotle wrote much better works well before the bible.

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Can you prove that it was edit without God words in it??

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Graystar

First of all, atheists are not the only people who do not believe is the messiah or devine. But to answer your question, perhaps the reason atheists pursue that course is because first of all they are probably tired of having christians force their views upon them. Or possibly they don't like seeing millions of people drastically change their lives based upon the teachings and direction of a false prophet. Yes, false prophet. Remember, God in the old testiment said that if anyone claimed to be a prophet and makes one claim which failed to come true, then he was a false prophet. Jesus said (accordinging to Matthew, Mark, Luke and John) that he would return after his ressurection before all persons then living had passed. And after more than two thousand years have passed he hasn't returned, proving he was not the messiah, but another false prophet.

top topics

<< 28  29  30    32 >>

join