It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will they kill the Canadian Hostages??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2005 @ 08:30 PM
link   
www.cbc.ca...

Although there have been many hostage takings in Iraq over the last couple of years, for Canadians this is a fresh and emotional situation. The two men taken at gunpoint are aid workers, and they are Canadians... meaning they are not in Iraq to support any military action. Canada has declined to participate militarily in the conflict but offers assistance in other ways.

Up until this point there have been only 2 other Canadians kidnapped while in Iraq, Scott Taylor who was released by his captors, and Zaid Meerwali, a dual Iraqi-Canadian citizen who was killed. There are very few details of the Zaid Meerwali situation. Scott Taylor had a lot to say about his captivity at the hands of his abductors.

The latest video shows these two recent Canadian hostages unbound and eating sweets and drinking Fanta, while their British and American co-workers are shackled and begging their governments to adhere to terrorists demands.

I don't understand why the treatment of the Canadians is better then the American and the Brit, are they planning on letting them go? There is no way the demands of the terrorists will be met... releasing all Iraqi prisoners is a tall order and the Canadian government has no authority to comply with such a request, even if it wanted to (which it wouldn't, even if it could!).

The stupid thing about these terrorists is that they kidnap people that are trying to help make Iraq less of a hell hole for the people of said nation. What point does it serve to take these individuals hostage? It does make me angry that aid workers are targets, because really all they are there to do is minimize the hurting and suffering of the Iraqi people.

My gut feeling tells me that they will release the Canadians and probabaly kill the other two, with their decision to do so solely based on the nationalities of these hostages. Of course, I hope that they are all released. It will be a happy day when this war comes to an end, though I fear it may be a long time from now.

posted on Dec, 6 2005 @ 09:43 PM
link   
I think we share the same gut robinm.

I was watching the same footage today and I got the same feeling.
But then again they said they would kill all four so chances are that is exactly what they will do.

posted on Dec, 6 2005 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Yeah they also said they would kill Scott Taylor, but they never did. For some reason I think enough Muslims have bartered on behalf of these men, that they could be let go... Guess we will have to see what happens thursday.

May the force be with them.

posted on Dec, 6 2005 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Canada is actually sending some person to Iraq to convince them to be let go though.

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 01:43 PM
link   
There is still no word on what has happened to the hostages?? It's now a week past the extended dead line.

posted on Jan, 20 2006 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Still no news on what happened to these four people? It's been a real long time

posted on Jan, 28 2006 @ 05:39 PM
link   
They're still alive!

After seven weeks of silence and no word on their condition, a 55-second tape emerged Saturday and provided a glimmer of hope for the families and friends of four kidnapped Christian peace activists, including two Canadians.

Al-Jazeera TV aired the tape, dated Jan. 21, showing Canadians James Loney and Harmeet Singh Sooden, along with an American and a British co-worker.

cnews.canoe.ca...

posted on Mar, 23 2006 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Finally...
Three Hostages Released in Iraq. It is to bad that the American hostage was not released as well.

posted on Mar, 24 2006 @ 01:15 PM
link   
i feel really bad for the american man who was killed and for his family, but i think it was obvious why they treated the canadian hostages much better than the american and british ones.

top topics

join