It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please help! - something to ponder-hmmm..Looking at the power in your hands'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2005 @ 05:57 AM
link   
Back again. Its g_host. Thank you to those who replied to my last post. Within my interest of conspiracy theory I see the medium of the Internet as a God send.
Due to this observation i need your help. For me to research this further I would love for you to answer the following questions I have posted. Please have fun and I’ll start with my own answers so you can know what I think?

1) Age, hobbies, likes/dislikes?
2) What attracts you to this forum?
3) How does the forum empower your right to have a say on worldly affairs?
4) How has the forum enhanced your knowledge base?
5) Do you feel you can trust other members information?
6) To what degree has this forum influenced how you live on a daily basis?
7) How could the power of the Internet technology enhance you experience in this forum?
8) What other mediums (books, TV) do you use to find conspiracy theories?

[edit on 6-12-2005 by g_host]

[edit on 7-12-2005 by asala]

posted on Dec, 6 2005 @ 06:33 AM
link   
1. I am 28, love reading and exercise. Like psychological thrillers. Dislike arrogance
2. Real debate without constraints (well for the most part). I love conspiracy theory from the interesting to the down right ridiculous
3. I’m not shot down by the establishment. Yes it may happen on this forum but I have the chance to respond, without social or political correctness as an influence.
4. Its actually the links given which aid my knowledge. Granted it is not all correct but it does help put the pieces together. The speed of retrieval is the best thing.
5. Yes I do because members are who they want to be online at this forum. Not that I can prove this but that’s how I feel. Their info I will always look for myself.
6. We don’t really know what is going on with our world. The proof is in the pudding and I still think we are making a meal of life. If we had a beginning than we have an end. I feel more informed for an end when it comes.
7. More multimedia options although the mobile phone pictures being uploaded is neat. Maybe video-talk too with web cams
8. Books mainly, I don’t trust a lot of magazines and even less the papers.

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by g_host
Back again. Thankyou to those who replied to my last post. Within my interest of conspiracy theory I see the medium of the Internet as a God send.
Due to this observation i need your help. I am conducting a virtual ethnography and I would love for you to answer the following questions. I’ll start with my own answers so you can know what I think? Any questions pls ask?

1) What is your age, hobbies, likes/dislikes?
2) What attracts you to this forum?
3) How does the forum empower your right to have a say on worldly affairs?
4) How has the forum enhanced your knowledge base?
5) Do you feel you can trust other members information?
6) To what degree has this forum influenced how you live on a daily basis?
7) How could the power of the Internet technology enhance you experience in this forum?
8) What other mediums (books, TV) do you use to find conspiracy theories?

[edit on 6-12-2005 by g_host]

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 12:38 PM
link   
ok heres mine,

1, Late 20's, hobbies, dance, poetry, reading, dislikes... hate,

2. The major amount of information, the debates, and a view on one subject from people all over the world who have experienced different things,

It gives you the info to go out there and think for yourself.

4. Alot, Issues that i never really looked in to i now care about, Also many members come from all over the world so you get some insite,

5. Yes to a degree, but in the end its up to you and your own research, theres always going to be some who want to mislead, thats life,

6, I look alot more closley at issues, not everything is black and white, i look beyond the surface on most matters now,

7, Im not sure, I think as a forum what we have right now s plenty, too much tech and i think it gets confusion,

8, books, and news papers just to get the base,

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Im convinced someone out there can take the challenge.

See Q's in previous posts.

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 08:37 PM
link   
1) 27, Likes... comics, dislikes.. yeah like asala said, hate.
2) Intelligent conversation, exchanging information.
3) Here on ATS, unlike other mediums, we have a voice and can confront lies.
4) ATS has helped me in my communication skills and my general knowledge in every thing.
5) Just like in 'real life' you have to be careful who to trust.
6) Greatly, it has changed my diet, political views, and the amount of time spend on the computer.
7) I don't know
8) I listen to the local University radio station. They talk about some of the same things we do on ATS.

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 06:11 AM
link   
I knew there was help out there!

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 05:57 PM
link   
1) Mid 20's, Flying, Computers / Computers
2) The diversity of posters
3) Everybody is entitled to a voice, so where better to use it where anybody can see it

4) It has given the ability to see the trends on how people think
5) Depending on the relibility of there sources. (but most of the time yes)
6) This forum (community) has widened my viewson how people think.
7) Not Really sure.
8) Generally the net but sometimes use paper based media ie books

new topics

top topics

join