It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beslan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2005 @ 02:40 AM
link   
From correspondents in Moscow

"RUSSIAN security forces were to blame for failing to prevent the deadly raid on a school in the Russian town of Beslan by armed pro-Chechen rebels, the head of a local enquiry said and local news agencies report." Quoted

I am sure we remember the children in this 3 day hostage seige which there was reported more than half died in this.

In this news report this is alot of finger pointing but lets hope there is more learnt from this so it can be prevented .

Link

posted on Nov, 30 2005 @ 03:18 AM
link   
Ive read some reports saying that the Russians rushed the school, starting firefights ant killing many of the children, considering russia's past in chechenia and other places this doesnt sound to unbelievable. Of course none of the countries who know this thru intelligence will release it because the whole Beslan incedent was like winning the lottery for Bush and his war on terror supporters.

Just adding i think anyone who is responsible (and none of us truly know) for this massacre was sick and wrong, muslim or russian, but i seriously doubt the news reports of the day.

[edit on 30-11-2005 by HiddenReality]

posted on Nov, 30 2005 @ 05:44 AM
link   
There's nothing wrong with the way Russia acted in terms of force.

Spetsnaz had a bullet in the head of every one of those terrorists

What I do think is wrong though the gas they used, they should have picked something better.

posted on Nov, 30 2005 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by HiddenReality
Ive read some reports saying that the Russians rushed the school, starting firefights ant killing many of the children, considering russia's past in chechenia and other places this doesnt sound to unbelievable. Of course none of the countries who know this thru intelligence will release it because the whole Beslan incedent was like winning the lottery for Bush and his war on terror supporters.

Just adding i think anyone who is responsible (and none of us truly know) for this massacre was sick and wrong, muslim or russian, but i seriously doubt the news reports of the day.

[edit on 30-11-2005 by HiddenReality]
Wrong , when the Chechens saw the Ambulance coming up to take the dead bodies they thought it was a attemt to rush the building, so 1 of the terrorists blew him self up then the children in closest started to run out of the building, and thats when the Chechens started firing on the Children then our forces, went in and finished them off.

[edit on 30-11-2005 by LandOnAir]

posted on Nov, 30 2005 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Either way I don't see how the Russians could be held responsible for the deaths of the children.

It was the terrorists who took the school children hostage and it was the terrorists who shot them. In my book, that places the blame squarely upon their shoulders.
Making excuses for them is lame. If I took you hostage, looked highly unlikely to let you go alive then somebody tried to save you and in the process I murdered you, who would you blame? In that scenario, for myself, I certainly don't think I could blame the would-be rescuer.

posted on Nov, 30 2005 @ 02:18 PM
link   
How do you know for sure the Chechen detonated himself and they shoot the children, some sources say that the russians tried to rush the building and the children getting caught in the crossfire by both sides. Maybe the bomb went off when one of the hostage holders was shot or shockwaves triggered the explsosives.

posted on Nov, 30 2005 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Have any of you seen the documentary "Children of Beslan"??

It tells the entire story through interviews of the children only. No military or political babbling. Its also the first time i creid in ages. To anybody interested in this incident, i suggest you find the documentary and watch it.

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 03:11 AM
link   
No one is to blame for this incident but the evil spawn of satan Terrorists who took these innocent children hosatage, how people can even find the heart to blame anyone else is just beyond me.

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Manincloak
There's nothing wrong with the way Russia acted in terms of force.

Spetsnaz had a bullet in the head of every one of those terrorists

What I do think is wrong though the gas they used, they should have picked something better.

Damn straight!

The spetznaz did the right thing, unfortuneately the cowardly terrorists killed children. It amazes me hoiw many people defend such an action.

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Spetnaz did not take those children hostage. The Chechin rebel terrorists did. Before this I kinda supported the Chechen cause, they seemed to be fighting the good fight for independence, then they do this barbarity. Want to know the difference between a freedom fighter, and a terrorist? Look no further then that school in Beslan.

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by seagull
Spetnaz did not take those children hostage. The Chechin rebel terrorists did. Before this I kinda supported the Chechen cause, they seemed to be fighting the good fight for independence, then they do this barbarity. Want to know the difference between a freedom fighter, and a terrorist? Look no further then that school in Beslan.

I felt the same way, the Russian soldiers occupying the Chechin territory are really nothing more than an armed gang that makes up their own rules....kidnapping, robbery, extortion and protection for drug dealers...their at the same level as the Crips or the Bloods, but with far more fire-power.

Thats why Russian soldiers could never be trusted on any kind of peace mission, because their commanders in the field look at it as a business opportunity....their whole society is sick with corruption.

When the Beslan massacre happened any sympathy the Chechin fighters had with me was gone.....they showed themselves to be what they truely are....Murderers and Cowards. Im sure the parents of the murdered kids feel betrayed by their government, but Im not sure how the security forces can be blamed....unless its sheer incompetence and lack or training.

Maximu§

[edit on 033131p://444 by LA_Maximus]

posted on Jan, 22 2006 @ 02:06 PM
link   
How did the terrorists travel to the school? There are plenty of reports that they were allowed through checkpoints, either as a result of bribery, or as they were being set up for an ambush - but that the ambush assumed an attack on another school. There would also be the possibility of collusion. And what about the reports that weapons were hidden in the school beforehand.
Remember the Moscow appartment bombings, used by Putin to justify resuming the Chechen War. Why were they never repeated, and no-one ever prosecuted for them? Were Chechens involved in those attacks at all? Why would they be? It's hard to see why Chechens would have carried them out.
Does anyone think that the Russian authorities would allow any embarassing or incriminating news about Beslan to be released?

new topics

top topics

join